• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We'll keep things as they are with the city footing the bill of the team, the only thing we'll change is have the city council meetings be hosted in Gila River and be put on pay-per-view.

Jim Ross will be the commentator.

This alone will make more money than the team ever has.

I think we're on to something.

Cake Boss

Banned
GO KINGS!!!

Edit:

Borowiecki still a forward at Sens morning skate.

ewRkyNQ.gif

FUCKING INSANITY.

MOTHERFUCKER WANTS TO GET FIRED!!!

Cake Boss

Banned
Zack Smith on top line

Borofuck still on forward

Deeerrderpi still on the 3rd line.

Chiasshit and Bustzar still not scratched.

Fuck my butthole.

ACCOUNTABILITY GRITTNESSS LOCALNESSS BIG BAYDEEESSS!!!

CWMmjYUUsAAV6Z0.jpg

Silexx

Zack Smith on top line

Borofuck still on forward

Deeerrderpi still on the 3rd line.

Chiasshit and Bustzar still not scratched.

Fuck my butthole.

ACCOUNTABILITY GRITTNESSS LOCALNESSS BIG BAYDEEESSS!!!

CWMmjYUUsAAV6Z0.jpg

I'm glad to see you're keeping your emotions in check.

Silexx

It's seems quite amazing that the pattern with Sens coaches seem to continue time after time.

First, you have the new coach brought in after the team perform below expectations. Then the team seems to have renewed focus proceeds to perform at or above expectations. The new coach gets credit for the team performance and gets promptly renewed. This then gives the coach a sense of validation of his coaching philosophy and proceeds to implement full-scale. This naturally leads to a series of baffling coaching decisions that everyone seems to grit their teeth and bare it as long as the team keeps winning until they don't. Finally, once they've lost enough, the coach is promptly fired and the process begins anew again...

Cake Boss

Banned
It's seems quite amazing that the pattern with Sens coaches seem to continue time after time.

First, you have the new coach brought in after the team perform below expectations. Then the team seems to have renewed focus proceeds to perform at or above expectations. The new coach gets credit for the team performance and gets promptly renewed. This then gives the coach a sense of validation of his coaching philosophy and proceeds to implement full-scale. This naturally leads to a series of baffling coaching decisions that everyone seems to grit their teeth and bare it as long as the team keeps winning until they don't. Finally, once they've lost enough, the coach is promptly fired and the process begins anew again...

I got an idea, how about we stop hiring inexperienced head coaches?

How many coaches has Murray gone through in his tenure as GM?

lolbron.jpg

Before Murray was a GM, we had 6 coaches since the expansion in 1992.

That averages out to 3.1 years for each head coach tenure here.

After Murray was GM, the average is 1.16 years.

As a player, how the fuck can you find any consistency in your game if the turnout of your coach is as much as a call centre employee, and always having to change systems.

Not to mention, ever since Morray was GM, we have won 1 playoffs series during his 8 years here. This whole approach of lets just get into the playoffs and see what happens is the reason why we the club is so mediocre.

Quick

Banned

Dave Cameron and Craig Hartsburg came with such a glowing resume from their stint coaching in Juniors and the World Junior Championship teams for Canada.

Same with Paul MacLean with being Babcock's assistant coach in Detroit.

John Paddock seemed like a hire out of left field.

Cory Clouston was around the time Bylsma got hired by Pittsburgh and won a Cup, and teams were suddenly looking harder at their AHL coaches.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That Sens 4th line had 1 SOG the entire game, but sure keep using them to hit the other team, that always works out well.

ZeroGravity

Fitting that we're playing Columbus tonight since we've essentially become the BJs of last year. FFS this lineup, can't even put the blame on Cooper anymore.

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Brown - Filppula - Callahan
Killorn - Boyle - Marchessault
Vermin - Gourde - Blunden

Red_Man

Fitting that we're playing Columbus tonight since we've essentially become the BJs of last year. FFS this lineup, can't even put the blame on Cooper anymore.

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Brown - Filppula - Callahan
Killorn - Boyle - Marchessault
Vermin - Gourde - Blunden
I'm having flashbacks right now

Delryk

Seattle or Portland would make more sense to me. They both already support local professional teams. So I don't see why Las Vegas. Hell even Salt Lake City makes more sense

Daniel Negreanu says there's enough canadians living in Las Vegas to support the team.. lol. says he'd be the first one to get a season box... ahah. and of course he's a Leafs fan living the "Las Vegas dream"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder what's brewing with the Rangers. Sounds like there are about 3 or 4 skaters too few at practice, even with the subtraction of Stoll.

Stepan and Klein are back and skating in no-contact jerseys.

zroid

Banned
Craig Buffoon says Team USA is no longer the favourite based on their roster decisions

...Team USA is going to win gold confirmed

Samyy

Poor Frankie, gets put in for first game and has to play in front of Bernier, RIP

Feel like impulse buying Leafs tickets for tomorrow but I can't get anyone to go with me on "short notice", do you guys think going to a hockey game alone is weird? I guess it doesn't help that none of my friends are really hockey fans.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Girardi will not play tomorrow. Call-up impending. Would have been Raphael Diaz, but he's hurt. The only other right-handed D's in Hartford are Calle Andersson and Tommy Hughes, neither of which really seems like a viable option.

Seems to me the best choice would be to call up Brady Skjei and maybe have McDonagh play on the right.

Hah, so many naysayers about Las Vegas. Are you the same people who said hockey would never be a success in Arizona? And now look at it! Really. Look at it. Because no one in Arizona is. They need your help.

I saw the NHL's expansion plans last week. It's going to go like this:

- string along Quebec and Toronto2
- expand to Seattle and LV
- when one of Florida, LV or Seattle fails, relocate to Quebec/Toronto2

Red_Man

Is that bigger than where the Blue Jays play?
It's pretty small in comparison to other WC venues.

Rangers vs Leafs, meh. Can't wait for all the pump up videos for this faux rivalry they'll try to shove down our throats.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It'll still be fun though.

Winter Classic was amazing...oh no wait I forgot it wasn't cause that one guy in here woke up a half hour before game time and was upset he couldn't get parking.

Foggy

Bolts get to feast on Joonas Korpisalo in his first start tonight. Will he become the kind of media sensation that Maple Leafs legend Garret Sparks was with his debut? Stay tuned!

MhbHVCd.png

As expected re: BMO, but I never thought it'd be the Rangers. Kinda always had a hunch it'd be Buffalo.

I feel like they could have picked a better match up for the Winter Classic. Montreal VS Boston springs to mind, but if has to be Toronto and an American team, why not Detroit? I feel like that has more of a history than Leafs-Rangers.

Pikma

Banned
Bolts get to feast on Joonas Korpisalo in his first start tonight. Will he become the kind of media sensation that Maple Leafs legend Garret Sparks was with his debut? Stay tuned!
If you wanted him to look good on his debut you should have saved him for tomorrow.

Top Bottom