• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

zroid

Banned
I remember back when Columbus started stringing a few wins together early on and one of the projection models had them as the favourite to win the Presidents Trophy. This is long before they were near the top of the standings.

Everybody laughed it off as a statistical anomaly at the time...

Erdrick

Lol I knew you'd say that ;)

You're right probably but for the Jets to even start to get into a playoff race they'd need to improve in a few areas. One thing that might happen is other teams may lose ground when they get their insane condensed schedule in the second half. It sure hurt the Jets

Hey, honour and all that. ;)

We've made it through our past major injuries, minus Myers, and now the proper lineups can come together while the deadweight like Burmistrov and Stuart can sit out. Their schedule is a little more manageable now and I sincerely hope that unlike in past years, the wheels don't utterly fall off the season like they've tended to over the past few years. Maybe they'll start to heat up in the new year. I don't expect this but it'd be a real nice change.

We're better than our record indicates, that's all I can commit to saying. By how much, I cannot say, but the flashes of brilliance seen at times, like when we shut out the Blackhawks, for example... Gives me hope of what will hopefully be the norm for us in the future. Our lines in terms of offence look deadly and instead of plugs like we've had in the past (Miettenen, Wright, Galiardi) We've got really talented kids like Petan, Copp, Lowry, Matthias and Armia. Sooo much better.

But as always, we've just gotta take each game at a time. It's been, and will continue to be, one hell of a ride.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is honestly what I thought the Blue Jackets were going to be last year. Maybe not tops in the league or anything quite like that, but an unexpectedly formidable force to be reckoned with. After they shit the bed right out of the gate last year, I sort of wrote them off a bit going into this year. Who knew?

Gauthier's first goal puck says "Goat" on it:

C0VhefOVIAAB_oH

Everyone knows 🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐

Erdrick

Oops, I mostly was thinking of the others when I lumped him in with the rest, mostly due to him playing on lines with them. So scratch him from the youth movement, but he's still played his role well with us this season. I've been happy with his play.

Stasis

Ranger's owner forcing Rockettes to perform for Trump's inauguration under penalty of losing job...

Time to switch teams!

Uh, Blue Jackets! Because I love Torts. And Dubinsky. Nothing to do with the 11 game win-streak or anything. I swear.

No but srsly, what the fuck? Good job Torts. He really does work well with certain groups early on. He'll lose them eventually I'm sure, but he's doing his thing. And fuck Dolan. Because of this, but in general too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I found Tabris' reddit account:

EIC8Ona.jpg

For the record, "incel" stands for "involuntary celibacy" and it's as pathetic as it sounds

PillarEN

"I hate all women who live in Vancouver"

"What is the best non-white country for prostitution"

well...you see the problem here is that you're going to be rather upset when you learn the answer to the second question seeing how you feel about that first statement.

Quick

Banned
Where's Cosmic Queso? Time to renew the storied rivalry between the Maple Leafs of Toronto and the Coyotes of the state of Arizona in the City of Glendale 20 minutes away from downtown Phoenix.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Panel Buchnevich was back on the ice with the team this morning in a non-contact jersey. He also took a bunch of one-timers from Mika Zibanejad. Meanwhile, Rick Nash is still out for at least two more games.

Just your friendly reminder that the Rangers are still without half of their top 6 from earlier this season.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Trump called for a new nuclear arms race.

RIP all of us, it was good to know y'all. Happy Birthday Marvie.

Socreges

Banned
Panel Buchnevich was back on the ice with the team this morning in a non-contact jersey. He also took a bunch of one-timers from Mika Zibanejad. Meanwhile, Rick Nash is still out for at least two more games.

Just your friendly reminder that the Rangers are still without half of their top 6 from earlier this season.
Nash has missed....1 game so far?

But yeah, Rags forward lines still look alright.

Where's Cosmic Queso? Time to renew the storied rivalry between the Maple Leafs of Toronto and the Coyotes of the state of Arizona in the City of Glendale 20 minutes away from downtown Phoenix.

Heh.

There's going to be a lot of love for Auston in the building tonight. Nice touch by Babcock letting Matthews taking the opening faceoff as well.

Foggy

BJs sign Vitaly Abramov to an ELC. 3rd rounder from this year, 23 goals and 22 assists in 32 games in the QMJHL. Niiiiiiiice.

zroid

Banned
BJs sign Vitaly Abramov to an ELC. 3rd rounder from this year, 23 goals and 22 assists in 32 games in the QMJHL. Niiiiiiiice.

a Leafs blogger / part-time scout was going on and on about him at the draft. I think he said he should've been a 1st rounder.

Foggy

a Leafs blogger / part-time scout was going on and on about him at the draft. I think he said he should've been a 1st rounder.

Too many teams with cold feet about a 5'9" Russian kid. Tremendous upside so I'm pretty excited about him. Plus he and his town survived a meteor shower. That's cool.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lehkonen only trails Laine, Matthews, Marner, and Vesey for goals among rookies now, his play has really come on as of the past two weeks. Love watching him play.

Meanwhile I Gallagher is driving me crazy. I don't know what's going on with him, and it's not just his inability to score, he's had so many terrible give aways, he's been the most frustrating Hab to watch lately.

Edit : Downie going in on Tippet right now lol....

https://twitter.com/stevedownie23

Lehkonen only trails Laine, Matthews, Marner, and Vesey for goals among rookies now, his play has really come on as of the past two weeks. Love watching him play.

Meanwhile I Gallagher is driving me crazy. I don't know what's going on with him, and it's not just his inability to score, he's had so many terrible give aways, he's been the most frustrating Hab to watch lately.

Something's up with Gallagher. He seems frustrated all the time. I hope he can figure it out tonight. We need him desperately

Top Bottom