• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
b0540c6554a34a58965caad687869fb0.png

This was Kadri from Polak and JvR before

so Marner's the leading scorer now

Another 3 point night for marnerrrrr

Curufinwe

Lehkonen only trails Laine, Matthews, Marner, and Vesey for goals among rookies now, his play has really come on as of the past two weeks. Love watching him play.

Meanwhile I Gallagher is driving me crazy. I don't know what's going on with him, and it's not just his inability to score, he's had so many terrible give aways, he's been the most frustrating Hab to watch lately.

Edit : Downie going in on Tippet right now lol....

https://twitter.com/stevedownie23

I never liked Downie, but he's making some good points here.

PillarEN

Carrie Fisher :-(

Positive thoughts.

Meanwhile Trump's Twitter team. Shit is going to be much more funny (and stupid sounding but specifically calculated to get a quality reaction) than anything The Onion or talk show hosts will be able to make up.

I mean that Global warming mix with nuclear weapons, that's just too good. Good luck trying to outsatarize his team.

HariKari

This is good.

I know there are only like 6 Coyotes fans out there but they all seem to dislike Tippett

Dave Tippett is a fucking joke that is coasting by on a reputation earned by a hot goalie. Mike Smith doesn't put the team on his back in 11/12, this assclown is fired seasons ago. Instead, he goes to one of the owners that he's friends with because they're both from the same place in Canada, and backstabs Don Maloney. Gets a five year extension that hasn't even started on zero merit, gets Maloney - the one guy that stood up to him - fired, even though Don was executing a great rebuild, while also being given the VP title so he is the boss of Maloney's replacement. Predictably, no AGM worth a damn will sign on to this shitshow. Everyone approached says no.

John Chayka is great, he's the silver lining in this clusterfuck. But the Coyotes are a dumpster fire right now because Dave Tippett has completely lost the room. He continues to play waiver wire shitbirds like Holland over the organization's key prospects like Dvorak, who leads the team in P/60 and plus minus. His reward for that is the 4th line. He treats Duclair worse than any other prospect and ill give you a few guesses as to why.

The John Scott fuck-over was likely the final straw for the room, and Downie is completely right to trash that entire ordeal. The Coyotes aren't in a position to say no when the league calls in a favor but the whole thing was a bunch of old boys club BS. Now we're an organization with a terrible coach who can't realistically be fired because he might just walk off into the sunset with his golden parachute, leaving the team on the hook for the rest of his absurd contract. All because one clown in the parade of clowns considered 'owners' is buddies with him.

I'm watching Duclair get the Boedker treatment. Dylan Strome will probably pull a Turris if he's smart. OEL has stopped caring. Mike Smith is facing an insane amount of shots every night and this team is less fun to watch than the much worse rosters of the past few years, featuring numerous players that are no longer in the league.

Signed,

One of the Six AZ fans.

Socreges

Banned
Dave Tippett is a fucking joke that is coasting by on a reputation earned by a hot goalie. Mike Smith doesn't put the team on his back in 11/12, this assclown is fired seasons ago. Instead, he goes to one of the owners that he's friends with because they're both from the same place in Canada, and backstabs Don Maloney. Gets a five year extension that hasn't even started on zero merit, gets Maloney - the one guy that stood up to him - fired, even though Don was executing a great rebuild, while also being given the VP title so he is the boss of Maloney's replacement. Predictably, no AGM worth a damn will sign on to this shitshow. Everyone approached says no.

John Chayka is great, he's the silver lining in this clusterfuck. But the Coyotes are a dumpster fire right now because Dave Tippett has completely lost the room. He continues to play waiver wire shitbirds like Holland over the organization's key prospects like Dvorak, who leads the team in P/60 and plus minus. His reward for that is the 4th line. He treats Duclair worse than any other prospect and ill give you a few guesses as to why.

The John Scott fuck-over was likely the final straw for the room, and Downie is completely right to trash that entire ordeal. The Coyotes aren't in a position to say no when the league calls in a favor but the whole thing was a bunch of old boys club BS. Now we're an organization with a terrible coach who can't realistically be fired because he might just walk off into the sunset with his golden parachute, leaving the team on the hook for the rest of his absurd contract. All because one clown in the parade of clowns considered 'owners' is buddies with him.

I'm watching Duclair get the Boedker treatment. Dylan Strome will probably pull a Turris if he's smart. OEL has stopped caring. Mike Smith is facing an insane amount of shots every night and this team is less fun to watch than the much worse rosters of the past few years, featuring numerous players that are no longer in the league.

Signed,

One of the Six AZ fans.
Stick around. We'll set up a support program of some sort once we get a couple more.

Cake Boss

Banned

Signed,

One of the Six AZ fans.

😐😐😐

Reckheim

Signed,

One of the Six AZ fans.

Man, shit like this makes me feel bad we ended up getting Matthews.

Stay strong bro.

HariKari

Man, shit like this makes me feel bad we ended up getting Matthews.

Stay strong bro.

Matthews in Toronto is the best thing possible. Might convince a few people that the sunbelt is a necessary part of the league and worth protecting. The Coyotes have been in the Phoenix area for 20 years now and are starting to bear some fruit. Matthews doesn't meet Shane Doan, Danny Briere, and skate at the Coyotes practice facility then he probably never makes it. The team has never had a stable arena situation with stable and interested ownership all at the same time in those 20 years. Couldn't make money with the Suns, so they get their own arena and then the financial meltdown hits. Then the owner tries to sell backdoor to Balsille by declaring bankruptcy. Cue legal clusterfuck.

The Coyotes had their best years under league ownership on a shoestring budget. Just let that sink in for a moment.

They are likely toast, ultimately. They're going to ask the state legislature for tax money as a last ditch effort to get an arena built but that probably won't work. There's no lease next year and it was heavily implied that if the tax thing falls through, they'll sell the team to another market. A group of undercapitalized Canadian nobodies owns them right now, and they're constantly diluting ownership to add new 'investors'.

I've been ready to lose my team for quite some time (bankruptcy was in 09). I hope it goes to somewhere deserving like Quebec if it happens.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Vesey-Lindberg-Fast
Puempel-Hrivik-Pirri

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Clendening
Holden-Klein

Lundqvist

How Brady Skjei is the scratch, out of all the defensemen, is completely beyond me.

Foggy

I do hope Montoya does well, just not well enough to get a win.

3 unanswered goals and he has to get pulled though, right?

zroid

Banned
Logan Brown and Alex DeBrincat were cut from Team USA.. but why? Especially DeBrincat makes no sense, he's scoring at more than a goal per game pace.

Yawnier

Banned

Signed,

One of the Six AZ fans.

Matthews in Toronto is the best thing possible. Might convince a few people that the sunbelt is a necessary part of the league and worth protecting. The Coyotes have been in the Phoenix area for 20 years now and are starting to bear some fruit. Matthews doesn't meet Shane Doan, Danny Briere, and skate at the Coyotes practice facility then he probably never makes it. The team has never had a stable arena situation with stable and interested ownership all at the same time in those 20 years. Couldn't make money with the Suns, so they get their own arena and then the financial meltdown hits. Then the owner tries to sell backdoor to Balsille by declaring bankruptcy. Cue legal clusterfuck.

The Coyotes had their best years under league ownership on a shoestring budget. Just let that sink in for a moment.

They are likely toast, ultimately. They're going to ask the state legislature for tax money as a last ditch effort to get an arena built but that probably won't work. There's no lease next year and it was heavily implied that if the tax thing falls through, they'll sell the team to another market. A group of undercapitalized Canadian nobodies owns them right now, and they're constantly diluting ownership to add new 'investors'.

I've been ready to lose my team for quite some time (bankruptcy was in 09). I hope it goes to somewhere deserving like Quebec if it happens.

Shit man I actually wasn't expecting a Yotes fan to reply to my initial post, and in detail too. Now I kind of feel bad for you guys

PillarEN

Sounds like a dude who has had some time to chill and think about some of the things he did.
I was about to say it's almost like he went to counseling and started to view things in a different light. I take it he's waiting for a NHL contract cause at 29 he could easily find employment somewhere in Europe. The KHL would probably be open to a player like him too.

What hit is he referring to by the way?

Top Bottom