• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Have you played Forza Horizon 3? If not, you should!

I want to, I want to oh so badly.

But the Xbox deal I want from the Microsoft store is a refurbished 500 GB Xbone, and I have to wait for them to restock it. I'm not spending 400 for a console I am probably going only to use for two or three games max.

Doesn't help that I am pretty much waiting until someone returns their own console

I want to, I want to oh so badly.

But the Xbox deal I want from the Microsoft store is a refurbished 500 GB Xbone, and I have to wait for them to restock it. I'm not spending 400 for a console I am probably going only to use for two or three games max.

I can't blame you there. I only play Halo 5 on my Xbox, everything else is on PC.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rick Nash and Mika Zibanejad will be traveling with the team on their coming road trip. Nash is currently considered day to day. Buchnevich will be staying behind but skating.

Are you guys ready to read / laugh at Steve Simmonds list of the top 100 players of all time?

Going to write out the list since can't copy and paste because of videos:

1: Bobby Orr
2: Wayne Gretzky
3: Mario Lemiuex
4: Gordie Howe
5: Jean Beliveau
6: Maurice Richard
7: Bobby Hull
8: Doug Harvey
9: Guy Lafleur
10: Sidney Crosby

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/12/26/orr-was-greater-than-the-great-one-steve-simmons-top-100-nhl-players-of-all-time

And his 40 honourable mentions:

Sid Abel, Glenn Anderson, Ed Belfour, Doug Bentley, Max Bentley, Toe Blake, Frank Boucher, Lorne Chabot, Bill Cowley, Sprague Cleghorn, King Clancy, Tony Esposito, Sergei Fedorov, Bill Gadsby, Bob Gainey, Mike Gartner, George Hainsworth, Doug Gilmour, Rod Gilbert, George Hainsworth, Harry Howell, Busher Jackson, Aurel Joliat, Pat LaFontaine, Cam Neely, Adam Oates, Henrik Lundqvist, Evgeni Malkin, Joe Malone, Connor McDavid, Lanny McDonald, Joe Primeau, Luc Robitaille, Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Brendan Shanahan, Billy Smith, Nels Stewart, John Tavares, Georges Vezina

Dr.Acula

Banned
Are you guys ready to read / laugh at Steve Simmonds list of the top 100 players of all time?

That's a pretty good list of the top-10 Canadians. Can't argue with that.

Wait, that's all nationalities? Hmm...

Reckheim

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/12/26/orr-was-greater-than-the-great-one-steve-simmons-top-100-nhl-players-of-all-time

And his 40 honourable mentions:

I actually had to shift-f this to see if Jagr was in there somewhere cause I couldn't believe it.

What a fuck-tard.

Edit: ... I mean ... how?

Selänne and Bure are too low tbh. Selänne wasn't just an amazing rookie ffs, he held his own into his 40s and even scored 2 goals in his last Olympic medal game in 2014. and Bure was just fucking nuts.. i still can't forgive him for single-handedly tanking Finland in Nagano, dude scores fucking FIVE goals.

and no Ziggy Palffy? okay.

I actually had to shift-f this to see if Jagr was in there somewhere cause I couldn't believe it.

What a fuck-tard.

Edit: ... I mean ... how?

umm he is 19th. should be higher tho :p top 10 for sure.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Still in Florida (and out to dinner) so you probably won't hear much from me.

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Vesey-Hayes-Grabner
Miller-Hrivik-Pirri
Puempel-Lindberg-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Klein

Raanta
Halverson

Selänne and Bure are too low tbh. Selänne wasn't just an amazing rookie ffs, he held his own into his 40s and even scored 2 goals in his last Olympic medal game in 2014. and Bure was just fucking nuts.. i still can't forgive him for single-handedly tanking Finland in Nagano, dude scores fucking FIVE goals.

Exactly. Fuckwits like Simmonds seem to love downplaying the absolute dominant European players of the 80's and 90's, and the impact on the game that they had.

But of course, we'll pump the tires of good ol' Canadian boys because xenophobia.

Quick

Banned
A legit Adidas Pens practice jersey has been spotted in the wild on eBay.

Adidas-Penguins-Jersey.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-12-27-at-12.12.03--590x415.png

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/12/27/possible-leak-of-adidas-nhl-jersey-pops-up-on-ebay/

Front numbers are triggering me.

Reckheim

Shit ... sorry. Thought the honorable mentions were part of the list.

Jackets have to be cheating or something and no one has found out right? They look like they are playing against high schoolers out there. So much faster. Out working for every little play.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jackets have to be cheating or something and no one has found out right? They look like they are playing against high schoolers out there. So much faster. Out working for every little play.
Too much #Grit and #Heart for other teams, Torts teaching them how to play the white, I mean right way.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Raanta Claus is being nice to the Sens tonight.

Rangers have given up 17 goals in the last 7 periods. Not a good look for that goal differential. Or much of anything else for that matter.

Top Bottom