• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

zroid

Banned
this is a thing that's happening...

5af1eeba9fb6434ba752939ffd89da61.png

Parch

Keep changing that Oil
Because the Oil needed changing. Winning is better than losing.

Larsson wasn't acquired for his point production.
Schultz was dumped because of his defensive flaws.

I'm happy that Schultz is finally getting his act together instead of being a useless piece of shit.

zroid

Banned
Because the Oil needed changing. Winning is better than losing.

Larsson wasn't acquired for his point production.
Schultz was dumped because of his defensive flaws.

I'm happy that Schultz is finally getting his act together instead of being a useless piece of shit.

Nothing the Oilers did this past off-season made them a better team, however you want to spin it. Larsson is just a guy; Klefbom is by far the Oilers' best D-man.

The best trade they made was for Talbot, he's been stellar, and is the driving force behind the "improved defence". Well, him and a healthy Klefbom.

Schultz may be a defensive liability, and maybe he had to go because it just wasn't a fit in Edmonton anymore. I buy that. But it's their fault in the first place for devaluing a useful offensive catalyst to the point where he gets traded for nothing. So much mismanagement, which has clearly not changed given the Hall trade and the Lucic contract. Luckily for Chiarelli, McDavid is covering up those mistakes.

Pollux

This team is awesome. Even better is that the majority of these guys are pretty young and should be around for a while. (Blue jackets)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McDavid and the stupid Oilers luck to get him is literally saving that sad franchise. Oilers and their entire management team are still an embarrassment, they just happen to have a generational talent to hide behind now.

this is a thing that's happening...

5af1eeba9fb6434ba752939ffd89da61.png

Fun Fact: An analysis revealed that players show a 80% increase in effectiveness after they leave Edmonton.

Just saw this tweeted.

Utter joke of a deal is a utter joke. Quelle surprise.

Nothing the Oilers did this past off-season made them a better team, however you want to spin it. Larsson is just a guy; Klefbom is by far the Oilers' best D-man.

The best trade they made was for Talbot, he's been stellar, and is the driving force behind the "improved defence". Well, him and a healthy Klefbom.

Schultz may be a defensive liability, and maybe he had to go because it just wasn't a fit in Edmonton anymore. I buy that. But it's their fault in the first place for devaluing a useful offensive catalyst to the point where he gets traded for nothing. So much mismanagement, which has clearly not changed given the Hall trade and the Lucic contract. Luckily for Chiarelli, McDavid is covering up those mistakes.

I guarantee that this team would be topping the division if they had Hall right now. Even when this team is showing signs of actually being a respectable team, management still fucks it up sideways.

Top Bottom