• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Ryuuroden

What the hell am I seeing here....the 2016 Blue Jackets are only the 9th team to win 13 in a row in the entire 99 year history of the NHL..... I had no idea it was this impressive of a stat.

Parch

Sekera and Larsson are the top pairing. Sekera is finally earning his paycheck but the Oil could definitely use a better powerplay defencemen. That could be Klefbom.

A better scorer for Connor would be nice too. That could be Puljujarvi.

But no doubt the Oilers turnaround is due to the Savior. The Sun reporter called McDavid Bobby Orr at center. I can't disagree. He makes everybody else look half speed out there.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I count 6

Oliver Bjorkstrand - 1 year younger
Sven Bartschi - 2 years younger
Byron Ritchie - 1 year younger. (Also was a bust)
Peter Schaefer - 1 year younger
Terry Ryan - 1 year younger (Also was a bust)
Mike Comrie

Everyone but Comrie did it at a younger age so it isn't a comparable feat.

terry ryan doesn't really count

and sure, out of the 112 players that did 2+ ppg, only 1 was an overager that actually made the NHL (comrie).... but now's a good time for one to hit :D

Socreges

Banned
terry ryan doesn't really count

and sure, out of the 112 players that did 2+ ppg, only 1 was an overager that actually made the NHL (comrie).... but now's a good time for one to hit :D
0cXSqzg.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
In the next 9 games, the Habs have 3 back to backs and one home game, and are still misisng AGally, Markov, Shaw, Pateryn and Desharnais.

Going to be a tough couple weeks, if they can stay at .500 hockey, I'll be happy.

Bozak should be back in tonight with Froese coming out which is nice.

I hope the Goat stays in when Smith is healthy. I feel like they are very similar players but the Goat has more upside.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Subban will miss at least the next two games.

I'm guessing that he's going to be out for a really long time and the organization's not ready to break it to the people anticipating Habs vs Preds.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Henrik Lundqvist is considered "less than 50/50" to start tomorrow night in Arizona. Looks like he'll be at least dressing for the game, though, as the Rangers sent Brandon Halverson back to the Wolf Pack.

Came back from visiting the in-laws and the family room TV is dead.

Well, sorta dead. It's an older Samsung and it was already developing some weird discolouration/fading issue on the right side of the screen. Now it has a dark vertical bar running pretty much in the same place.

Looking now at the 49 inch X700D. Seems to review well for a mid-range set. It's a bit big for the space, but the smaller TVs are either sold out or just crappier.

Yawnier

Banned
Came back from visiting the in-laws and the family room TV is dead.

Well, sorta dead. It's an older Samsung and it was already developing some weird discolouration/fading issue on the right side of the screen. Now it has a dark vertical bar running pretty much in the same place.

Looking now at the 49 inch X700D. Seems to review well for a mid-range set. It's a bit big for the space, but the smaller TVs are either sold out or just crappier.

Can't speak for that tv specifically but most of the time you can't go wrong with Sony TVs. Our Bravia from like 2008 is still going strong. No dead pixels and hasn't ever had to be repaired or anything.

Quick

Banned
Went snowboarding today for the first time in years. Had a blast.

Be honest: how many times did you spill.

I went skiing a couple of years ago and it was m first time in about 12 years at the time, and I decided to do a novice hill since I thought I had it figured out. Spilled hard, pretty sure I bruised my stomach (though no visible signs). I went on a bunny hill to jog my memory on how to ski and pretty much figured it out again after spending an hour on it.

ShaneB

Be honest: how many times did you spill.

I went skiing a couple of years ago and it was m first time in about 12 years at the time, and I decided to do a novice hill since I thought I had it figured out. Spilled hard, pretty sure I bruised my stomach (though no visible signs). I went on a bunny hill to jog my memory on how to ski and pretty much figured it out again after spending an hour on it.

One big spill and one funny spill into shrubs/branches where my board got stuck and my friend had a laugh at my extreme effort to get out.

Other than that it was a few small random spills throughout the day.

I was concerned as well it would take a while to get back in the groove of things, but after a few runs it was all good.

Quick

Banned
One big spill and one funny spill into shrubs/branches where my board got stuck and my friend had a laugh at my extreme effort to get out.

Other than that it was a few small random spills throughout the day.

I was concerned as well it would take a while to get back in the groove of things, but after a few runs it was all good.

I'd say the further along I was into skiing that night, the more it all came back to me. Like in some instances, I would take alternate paths that require more maneuvering, though I'd always have a moment of freaking out a little when I did it lol.

I was going to try snowboarding at the time, but I was really impatient with learning it. Friend of mine got it, and he eventually swapped them to skis, which he's good at.

ShaneB

I'd say the further along I was into skiing that night, the more it all came back to me. Like in some instances, I would take alternate paths that require more maneuvering, though I'd always have a moment of freaking out a little when I did it lol.

I was going to try snowboarding at the time, but I was really impatient with learning it. Friend of mine got it, and he eventually swapped them to skis, which he's good at.

Yea my two spills I mentioned came in an area I probably should've avoided. Lol

I skied a lot as a kid, and when I got older randomly went snowboarding and loved it. The biggest hurdle for a lot of people is having your feet locked to one board unlike skis.

Socreges

Banned

Yea my two spills I mentioned came in an area I probably should've avoided. Lol

I skied a lot as a kid, and when I got older randomly went snowboarding and loved it. The biggest hurdle for a lot of people is having your feet locked to one board unlike skis.
It's an awkward transition for sure, not to mention that you don't have poles or the ability to plow by default. If you can get past the first couple days where you're always on your butt and slowing everyone else down, it's worth it.

I'm doing a local mountain on Friday and then 3 days at Whistler over NYE weekend. 🤘🤘🏂🏂🏂😰😰😰 Can't wait

Top Bottom