• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Hmmmmm Leivo is skating with the 4th line meaning somebody else has to be gone soon. Holland probably but I wonder if they have people biting on a trade or if they'll just waive him too.

zroid

Banned
I'd like to point out that the context of his discussion was the comparison between Laine and Ovechkin. Calling Ovechkin a "sniper" is fine, but when you say Laine is the best "sniper since Ovechkin", I think the semantics are important here. When you look at Laine's game there is a clear difference between him and Ovechkin (at least at this point in his career -- which is all the information we have!). His game much more closely resembles that of Stamkos. That's all I'm saying.

Foggy

Real snipers hit their target more than 15% of the time so it's silly to refer to hockey players like that. Like, nobody could claim they're like me if they only smoke weed and slay puss' once a week. It just wouldn't make sense.

imBask

Banned
Real snipers hit their target more than 15% of the time so it's silly to refer to hockey players that. Like, nobody could claim they're like me if they only smoke weed and slay puss' once a week. It just wouldn't make sense.

see zroid, Foggy put it in words I can comprehend and now I agree with you

too lit foggy

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dorsett out indefinitely, to undergo neck surgery

Wtf

The drive for 30th continues, team keeps getting decimated

... and we still beat the Leafs!

zroid

Banned
but wait a minute

I thought looking at players wasn't a valid argument per your saying

Soc help me out here and pull out the posts please

i didn't mean "look" literally. look at their shot numbers, xG, etc. AND guess what you can watch them play too. all the evidence points to what i'm saying. idk why people are arguing with me about this, it's not really controversial. you people just try to rile me up for god knows what reason.

imBask

Banned
i didn't mean "look" literally. look at their shot totals, xG, etc. AND guess what you can watch them play too. all the evidence points to what i'm saying.

latest

oh zroid

Socreges

Banned
Ironically, despite what zroid has said, the style of Stamkos and Ovi's goals are more alike than Laine's (imo by watching them play). They love the cross ice setup for the one-time shot. Stamkos especially from weird angles. Laine meanwhile takes a breath and wrists it past the keeper. But they're all sort of the same that I'd call all three snipers.

but wait a minute

I thought looking at players wasn't a valid argument per your saying

Soc help me out here and pull out the posts please
Dude you know he doesn't actually look at players. That would require subjective evaluation and prejudice against the data. You have to look at the numbers absent of context! That is the real reality!

i didn't mean "look" literally. look at their shot numbers, xG, etc. AND guess what you can watch them play too. all the evidence points to what i'm saying. idk why people are arguing with me about this, it's not really controversial. you people just try to rile me up for god knows what reason.
uh oh

giphy.gif

Ovi isn't the best sniper in the league.

A guy like Stamkos is more efficient and maybe Laine will turn out to be the same way.

He's still the best goal scorer in the world though, more uni-dimensional than he used to be but still elite at what he does best.

On to my team:

My god we're playing terrible right now.

Number two in score and venue adjusted corsi but hot garbage in xGF%.

Cy70SusXcAAfT9Q.jpg

calder

Nice. One of my favourite moments from the finale.

Yeah, same. Really really liked the finale and
Man in Black's reaction to shit going down was perfect. Exactly what he said he was looking for the entire time.

Another thing I loved was how, after being such a badass the entire time he was "in game" as soon as MiB dressed in civilian clothes the show shot him to look small and normal. Really sold how in Westworld he sees himself as a villain and larger than life outlaw but once he's out he's just a shrimpy rich guy pouting because his super expensive vacation sucked.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, same. Really really liked the finale and Man in Black's reaction to shit going down was perfect. Exactly what he said he was looking for the entire time.

Another thing I loved was how, after being such a badass the entire time he was "in game" as soon as MiB dressed in civilian clothes the show shot him to look small and normal. Really sold how in Westworld he sees himself as a villain and larger than life outlaw but once he's out he's just a shrimpy rich guy pouting because his super expensive vacation sucked.
would spoiler this for the smellies of the world

Also: agreed completely.

imBask

Banned
Radulov will surely feel like signing here after spending the second half of the season with David Desharnais

RIP everything

Smiley90

Yeah, and just after Dolores
stumbled across the Statue of[/spolier] Liberty. They were obviously struggling for ideas.

Spoilered for Smelly

Eh, doesn't that just mean 'not D2D' and is expected to be at least a few weeks?
I got a Score notification saying he's expected out for the season, so... no. Not returning at all. Has got to be something serious...

Socreges

Banned
I got a Score notification saying he's expected out for the season, so... no. Not returning at all. Has got to be something serious...
Woah

Edit - that score notification seems premature. Everyone's just reporting indefinitely and

The Canadiens added that he will be further evaluated by team doctors in Montreal on Wednesday and an update will be provided later this week.

Smiley90

Woah

Edit - that score notification seems premature. Everyone's just reporting indefinitely and

WTF.

I didn't get that notification. Just that he was out indefinitely. Unless I can't read.

Looking at this:

Canucks' Dorsett to have neck surgery, reportedly out for season http://www.thescore.com/news/1175262

The Dreger quote is:

Darren DregerVerified account
‏@DarrenDreger Darren Dreger Retweeted Blake Price
Won't be back this season. Hope is for full recovery and return next season. @BlakePriceTSN

zroid

Banned
smelly plz fix that fucking broken spoiler tag on your post :lol

I have to avert my eyes every time I click on this thread >.<

Smiley90

smelly plz fix that fucking broken spoiler tag on your post :lol

the fuck are you talking about

that's Soc's post and he did it to annoy me :lol

CALDER IS THE REAL VILLAIN HERE

(i see he at least fixed it retroactively but TOO LATE)

Top Bottom