• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

calder

the fuck are you talking about

that's Soc's post and he did it to annoy me :lol

CALDER IS THE REAL VILLAIN HERE

(i see he at least fixed it retroactively but TOO LATE)

I'm the mastermind, a real puppet master pulling stings behind the scenes just like Old Bill!

oldbill1-700x525.jpg

Who I totally half-suspected was really Arnold - or some version of Arnold uploaded into the matrix or whatever, for like a week.

Cake Boss

Banned
Listening to overdrive I just realized how many players the laffs have done some grey area shit for some players not to play on the club.

You can create an entire line out of it.

Leivo-Holland-Lupul
Michalek

Robidas- Corrado
Cowen

I know I am missing some.

calder

Listening to overdrive I just realized how many players the laffs have done some grey area shit for some players not to play on the club.

Leivo-Holland-Lupul
Michalek

Robidas- Corrado
Cowen

Lou has blood on his hands up to the elbows and the league lets him get away with it. I'm half disgusted, half impressed/envious that he's been doing his shenanigans for decades now.

zroid

Banned

Leivo-Holland-Lupul
Michalek

Robidas- Corrado
Cowen

Hunwick and Polak

let me dream

Yawnier

Banned

Leivo-Holland-Lupul
Michalek

Robidas- Corrado
Cowen

Lou is shady as fuck but man I blame Dave Nonis as being the main root of putting the leafs in this situation with the salary cap and (most) of the shitty contracts, even after he has been gone for almost 2 years

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Accidentally clicked on calder's spoiler and frantically scrolled away

ABORT THIS THREAD NOW

Lou is shady as fuck but man I blame Dave Nonis as being the main root of putting the leafs in this situation with the salary cap and (most) of the shitty contracts, even after he has been gone for almost 2 years

Grey area: Short term IR and assignments to the AHL.

The only weird one is Cowen. He contends he's still injured and can't be bought out. Leafs contend he's healthy and cleared to play.

Robidas Island/Lou-Ray Jepsen was more fun when we all thought these guys were going on the LTIR.

Pikma

Banned
OH NO PICA THE SHIT EATER AND HUMAN SHRUG EMOJI YAWNER ARE TRASH TALKING THE JETS I BETTER SWOOP- actually you know what why even bother
*goes back to watching FB videos of cars getting rekt on slippery Montreal streets*

tumblr_lwwhywaQmm1qatmal.gif
It's the best decision for your health, you're too old for these kind of heated discussions

Yawnier

Banned
Grey area: Short term IR and assignments to the AHL.

The only weird one is Cowen. He contends he's still injured and can't be bought out. Leafs contend he's healthy and cleared to play.

Robidas Island/Lou-Ray Jepsen was more fun when we all thought these guys were going on the LTIR.

I half can't believe we still haven't heard the final verdict on what is going on with Cowen yet

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Leivo-Holland-Lupul
Michalek

Robidas- Corrado
Cowen

But aren't all those salaries counted against the cap though anyways?

He just threatened them to never play again but their cap hit and the money owed is still being paid.

But aren't all those salaries counted against the cap though anyways?

He just threatened them to never play again but their cap hit and the money owed is still being paid.

Lupul and Robidas kind of do but kind of don't, LTIR cap relief is kind of complicated and I don't fully understand it.

The Holland situation isn't really shady, he's been a healthy scratch all season and they're trying to trade him but he counts as a roster player and counts against the cap so they're not really benefitting from him not playing or practicing.

imBask

Banned
nah it's all clean and there's no problem here and they have no benefit whatsoever from having 15 players on IR and 5 players who just really love to hang around the team without getting paid and Lou did nothing wrong and don't worry about it follow the shanaplan

zroid

Banned
Lupul and Robidas kind of do but kind of don't, LTIR cap relief is kind of complicated and I don't fully understand it.

the leafs don't actually have anyone on LTIR, except maybe horton? i don't think horton is on LTIR because of the cowen buyout, but if cowen's salary comes back then they'll have to place horton on LTIR

i can explain LTIR simply, it doesn't remove salary from the cap, it just increases the cap ceiling temporarily by the exact amount that the LTIR player's salary exceeds the cap by. so if the leafs had $250k in cap space and then placed Horton on LTIR, the cap ceiling would increase by Horton's AAV less $250k

the main thing to know about LTIR as it pertains to the leafs this year is that is has no effect on performance bonuses, which is the major concern. the leafs can't exceed the *regular* cap including performance bonuses by more than 10%, and the closer they are to the *regular* cap not including performance bonuses, the more penalties they will incur next season.

edit: i should add that the most shady thing you can do with LTIR is what Chicago did a couple years ago. They kept Kane on LTIR through the end of the regular season, so they could exceed the cap by a lot. Then when the playoffs started the salary cap goes away and Kane was suddenly better, therefore they effectively had a significantly larger payroll for the playoffs than anyone else.

Hahaha fucking triggered.

nah it's all clean and there's no problem here and they have no benefit whatsoever from having 15 players on IR and 5 players who just really love to hang around the team without getting paid and Lou did nothing wrong and don't worry about it follow the shanaplan

Y'all can help this great injustice of paying people millions of dollars to do nothing by taking some of these guys off our hands if you want.....

Marek Svatos died of an overdose.

Former Colorado Avalanche winger Marek Svatos had codeine, morphine and an anti-anxiety medication in his system when he died of combined drug intoxication last month, the Douglas County Coroner’s Office said Monday.

Svatos, 34, of Kosice, Slovakia, was living in Lone Tree when he died on Nov. 5.

He had a history of heroin use and had gone through drug rehabilitation, according to the coroner’s report. He also had suspected depression, prior suicidal ideation, and “recent life stressors.”

“Drug paraphernalia was found at the scene,” the report said.

Blood panels found traces of codeine, morphine and the anti-anxiety medication Xanax.

Cake Boss

Banned
Don't know what triggers leafs fans more this season. If you mention that their club is doing some shadyy ass shit to bury players or when you mention that the media is talking about Mathews too much.

Marvie_3

Banned
the leafs don't actually have anyone on LTIR, except maybe horton? i don't think horton is on LTIR because of the cowen buyout, but if cowen's salary comes back then they'll have to place horton on LTIR

i can explain LTIR simply, it doesn't remove salary from the cap, it just increases the cap ceiling temporarily by the exact amount that the LTIR player's salary exceeds the cap by. so if the leafs had $250k in cap space and then placed Horton on LTIR, the cap ceiling would increase by Horton's AAV less $250k

the main thing to know about LTIR as it pertains to the leafs this year is that is has no effect on performance bonuses, which is the major concern. the leafs can't exceed the *regular* cap including performance bonuses by more than 10%, and the closer they are to the *regular* cap not including performance bonuses, the more penalties they will incur next season.

edit: i should add that the most shady thing you can do with LTIR is what Chicago did a couple years ago. They kept Kane on LTIR through the end of the regular season, so they could exceed the cap by a lot. Then when the playoffs started the salary cap goes away and Kane was suddenly better, therefore they effectively had a significantly larger payroll for the playoffs than anyone else.
65ZVkvB.gif

zroid

Banned
Don't know what triggers leafs fans more this season. If you mention that their club is doing some shadyy ass shit to bury players or when you mention that the media is talking about Mathews too much.

idk man, personally i think you guys just want so desperately for there to be some shifty business going on that you're projecting

i would love nothing more than to say lou is doing some shady shit but the truth is placing players on IR when they don't have NMCs is virtually no different from sending them to the minors. is sending players to the minors shady? idk

Cake Boss

Banned
idk man, personally i think you guys just want so desperately for there to be some shifty business going on that you're projecting

i would love nothing more than to say lou is doing some shady shit but the truth is placing players on IR when they don't have NMCs is virtually no different from sending them to the minors. is sending players to the minors shady? idk

Ohhhh okay its just a coisidence that the leafs happen to have so many players that are injured compared to the rest of the league. Hmmm robidas I am sure is still injured, and oh don't forget Lupul, he's probably still injured from whatever he injury he still has. Oh Leivo and Holland, all of the sudden they are playing, then the next day they are injured with an undisclosed injury, it just happen to be at the same time it gets out that the team is trying to get rid of the players. Hmmm maybe its just a coisidence. 🤔🤔🤔

And no motherfuckers, we don't give a shit if you are paying them or not, nor whether its counts against the cap. We want to see your shitty players play on your roster just like every other teams shitty players do. 😈

But I am pretty sure its nothing, even the biased Toronto media has started calling out the management for their shannanigans.

zroid

Banned
Ohhhh okay its just a coisidence that the leafs happen to have so many players that are injured compared to the rest of the league. Hmmm robidas I am sure is still injured, and oh don't forget Lupul, he's probably still injured from whatever he injury he still has. Oh Leivo and Holland, all of the sudden they are playing, then the next day they are injured with an undisclosed injury, it just happen to be at the same time it gets out that the team is trying to get rid of the players. Hmmm maybe its just a coisidence. ������

And no motherfuckers, we don't give a shit if you are paying them or not, nor whether its counts against the cap. We want to see your shitty players play on your roster just like every other teams shitty players do. ��

But I am pretty sure its nothing, even the biased Toronto media has started calling out the management for their shannanigans.

The Toronto media is really dumb, that's pretty much the explanation :lol

cakey i never said the injuries are legit, i'm just saying they aren't benefiting in any way from the maybe fake injuries. if you still think it's shady then w/e.

actually with Leivo you have a point since they're avoiding having to send him through waivers. the others tho.. eh

Cake Boss

Banned
The Toronto media is really dumb, that's pretty much the explanation :lol

cakey i never said the injuries are legit, i'm just saying they aren't benefiting in any way from the maybe fake injuries. if you still think it's shady then w/e.

actually with Leivo you have a point since they're avoiding having to send him through waivers. the others tho.. eh[/QUOTE

Sure as fuck they are benefiting from them, the injuries just happen to be the same players that they don't want around, opening roster spots for the players that they want to play.

And I wouldn't call Ray Ferraro a dumb one, but.....eh....w/e.

Sand in the head strategy is always a good option whenever you don't want to hear anything negative about a management group that you spent the last 3 years felating on message boards. So I don't blame you.

zroid

Banned
Sure as fuck they are benefiting from them, the injuries just happen to be the same players that they don't want around, opening roster spots for the players that they want to play.

you just keep ignoring the reality that they could end them to the minors and it would be the exact same thing. the only reason they aren't sending them to the minors is because they don't want to force them to ride the buses n shit. Michalek is hating it. don't you think Michalek would rather be "injured" right now than play for the Marlies? I'm sure he would.

Cake Boss

Banned
you just keep ignoring the reality that they could end them to the minors and it would be the exact same thing. the only reason they aren't sending them to the minors is because they don't want to force them to ride the buses n shit. Michalek is hating it. don't you think Michalek would rather be "injured" right now than play for the Marlies? I'm sure he would.

How the hell do you know? Have you spoken to him. I can bet good money that Lupul would rather be playing somewhere in the AHL hoping a team sees him and can offer to trade or pick him up, in order to continue his career.

Same shit as Frankie Corrido, he would rather play in the AHL hoping to develop then not play at all.

zroid

Banned
How the hell do you know? Have you spoken to him. I can bet good money that Lupul would rather be playing somewhere in the AHL hoping a team sees him and can offer to trade or pick him up, in order to continue his career.

dude even if they're in the AHL, it doesn't guarantee playing time. there is no roster limit down there. it sucks, but it is what it is. this is why i'm saying you guys are trying too hard to find wrongdoing. it doesn't make any sense.

Quick

Banned

And I wouldn't call Ray Ferraro a dumb one, but.....eh....w/e.

Sand in the head strategy is always a good option whenever you don't want to hear anything negative about a management group that you spent the last 3 years felating on message boards. So I don't blame you.

Same shit as Frankie Corrido, he would rather play in the AHL hoping to develop then not play at all.

Yeah sure dawg, it's all fabricated...just like those leafs injuries.

Speaking of triggered.

2sVSjvT.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Westworld finale : Jesus Christ what a show

AGally injury : Jesus Christ fuck everything

Top Bottom