• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Montresor

Tips for white head pimples?

I hate that I have one right now. On my cheek close to my nose.

I had one 2 months ago and popping it was a fucking disaster. It just kept coming back with a scab and a white head. I'd pop it again and more disaster.

But I don't want this thing on my face for two weeks now.... :( I'm not going to pop it but I want to do something about it.

Tips for white head pimples?

I hate that I have one right now. On my cheek close to my nose.

I had one 2 months ago and popping it was a fucking disaster. It just kept coming back with a scab and a white head. I'd pop it again and more disaster.

But I don't want this thing on my face for two weeks now.... :( I'm not going to pop it but I want to do something about it.

don't pop them, you might get sepsis and die a horrible death with your limbs amputated and organs failing.

i guess you missed that thread.

yyzjohn

Banned
Let's check it out

And a bonus for why yyzjohn remains one of Leafs-Gafs best posters

And why FJ's absence is missed

Radulov has far and away been the best off signing season, and this is a big surprise to me. He's in there every night putting 100% and drives the team offensively and defensively is an animal too.

Hey my quote stands up too, it's working out.

Curufinwe

Dale Weise forgot how to score, but somehow turned into an elite possession player.

MDZ scored at 0.38 points/60 at 5 on 5 last season, but this season is leading the league at 2.17.

Hockey is stupid.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow what an embarrassing loss for Anaheim.

imrs.php

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Michael Grabner will not play tomorrow against the Islanders. He's on his way back to Austria to attend his grandmother's funeral.

The Rangers in the meantime have called up Marek Hrivik, who will presumably take his place.

Also, Pavel Buchnevich is skating on his own after the team's practice today for the first time since they shut him down to rehab his back a couple weeks ago. So that's a promising sign.

Quick

Banned
Enroth, we hardly knew ye.

Probably the best decision to give Ramo a shot at the backup position. Enroth just isn't doing it.

imBask

Banned
jesus christ even if you combined the best of both of them, you'd still end up with someone barely better looking than Matthews

Parch

Interesting hearing Maurice talk about the shooting display that Laine puts on during practice. Even the vets are saying holy crap, we need to get this kid the puck.

Best pure sniper since Ovechkin. Maybe best ever? Jets got a gem.

Interesting hearing Maurice talk about the shooting display that Laine puts on during practice. Even the vets are saying holy crap, we need to get this kid the puck.

Has an absolutely lethal shot, definitely.

zroid

Banned

Stamkos. Not to be a broken record, but Ovechkin isn't a sniper, he's a volume shooter. Stamkos is the quintessential sniper.

Pikma

Banned

Jets could have one hundred and forty five of those players and they'd still suck tho

calder

OH NO PICA THE SHIT EATER AND HUMAN SHRUG EMOJI YAWNER ARE TRASH TALKING THE JETS I BETTER SWOOP- actually you know what why even bother
*goes back to watching FB videos of cars getting rekt on slippery Montreal streets*

tumblr_lwwhywaQmm1qatmal.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
I got no love lost for Enroth, but the Leafs didn't do him any favours either. Every single game he started was the tail end of a back to back and the team played like ass in front of him for every one. So long Johnny, it was nice knowing you.

Socreges

Banned
Stamkos. Not to be a broken record, but Ovechkin isn't a sniper, he's a volume shooter. Stamkos is the quintessential sniper.
🙄

He's not particular about when he shoots; doesn't really care if the goalie is set up or not. So his shooting percentage is low. I wouldnt say that therefore means he isn't a sniper. Michael Jordan could have had a higher sh% too but he shot more so he would score more - still one of the best shooters ever. Fact is the WAY that Ovi has often scored his goals are 'snipes' and he has scored MANY.

I get that it's innovative and fun to invert perceived reality with fancy stats but sometimes you're just silly.

zroid

Banned
��

He's not particular about when he shoots; doesn't really care if the goalie is set up or not. So his shooting percentage is low. I wouldnt say that therefore means he isn't a sniper. Michael Jordan could have had a higher sh% too but he shot more so he would score more - still one of the best shooters ever. Fact is the WAY that Ovi has often scored his goals are 'snipes' and he has scored MANY.

I get that it's innovative and fun to invert perceived reality with fancy stats but sometimes you're just silly.

Listen, I'm not slighting Ovechkin at all. He's the greatest volume shooter of all time, it's VERY impressive. You can't know that Ovi is capable of a 17%+ career sh% because that's not what he's done in his career. All we can do is make observations and what I observe is a legendary volume shooter.

One of the common pushbacks against shot metrics is that people can inflate their shot totals by firing from anywhere, and this is pretty much a fallacy. Getting shots off is hard. When you take bad shots, you don't necessarily get the opportunity to take more bad shots. You can't understate how incredible it is how he gets himself into position so get so many shots off.

��

Exactly.

As a fan of Ovi, I think of him as a 'dime-a-dozen' sniper. The dime a dozen, in this case, means his shots may often not be the best, but....

When he sets up in the faceoff circle and gets teed up, nothing can stop him. And in essence, isn't that what a sniper should be? Somebody who can set up, wait, and let 'er rip?

imBask

Banned
Listen, I'm not slighting Ovechkin at all. He's the greatest volume shooter of all time, it's VERY impressive. You can't know that Ovi is capable of a 17%+ career sh% because that's not what he's done in his career. All we can do is make observations and what I observe is a legendary volume shooter.

One of the common pushbacks against shot metrics is that people can inflate their shot totals by firing from anywhere, and this is pretty much a fallacy. Getting shots off is hard. When you take bad shots, you don't necessarily get the opportunity to take more bad shots. You can't understate how incredible it is how he gets himself into position so get so many shots off.

Sniper
A player with a powerful, accurate shot skilled at finishing plays.

idk dawg I think you might just be playing with semantics here

Top Bottom