• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

wait, what does "free game" mean on nhl.com in the scheduled games? i can watch it free on the site or through their app? holy shit if true, because tonight the free game would be FLA-WPG.. reeeally wanted to watch that. but i'm too poor for any expensive subscriptions atm.

imBask

Banned
wait, what does "free game" mean on nhl.com in the scheduled games? i can watch it free on the site or through their app? holy shit if true, because tonight the free game would be FLA-WPG.. reeeally wanted to watch that. but i'm too poor for any expensive subscriptions atm.

you just need to make an account but yeah it's free! Although I think blackout rules are still applied so look into finding a free VPN if you would be affected by it

you just need to make an account but yeah it's free! Although I think blackout rules are still applied so look into finding a free VPN if you would be affected by it

oh, sweet!

all the clips work for me, so i guess the game will too and i'm not blacked out? haven't bothered to learn how to use VPNs yet (i'm old).

Coyotes out shot 38-19, win 4-1.

Whatever. Even when they win they stink.

/sadcoyote

Time for a NHL team swap? Oakland didn't deserve your love, CQ, and neither does Arizona.

May I suggest the Buffalo Sabres? A small market club with a fairly decent history, and natural rivalries with Toronto and Detroit. It seems like a perfect fit imo.

edit: Astro, vpn's are about the easiest thing out there to use.

zroid

Banned
I definitely think I'm gonna have to subscribe to The Athletic once the paywall goes up. It's pretty much the only site I go to for sports media coverage now.

Merguson

Banned
I definitely think I'm gonna have to subscribe to The Athletic once the paywall goes up. It's pretty much the only site I go to for sports media coverage now.

I ended up taking advantage of that black friday deal they had. Pretty good so far.

calder

Were you just reading the Mirtle article about Matthews vs Laine?

I read that yesterday. Pretty disappointing to see a decent writer and adequate stats enthusiast be just as selective with his proofs as the sloppy click-bait argument he's going against.

Quick

Banned
That was yesterday lol. I was reading a Raptors article just now. :p

Reading that now. That was my first Athletic article, but I just checked the site in full now. I like the layout a lot.

I read that yesterday. Pretty disappointing to see a decent writer and adequate stats enthusiast be just as selective with his proofs as the sloppy click-bait argument he's going against.

Ultimately I'm not going to make a fuss about which player is better. Both teams got the player they needed and they're making an impact on their respective teams.

Pretty happy with Matthews' performance, as I'm sure Jets fans are good with Laine.

*shrugs*

nhl.com's free games doesn't work in Finland because Viasat has the rights here

fucking Viasat. i paid for their service for a month and it was garbage, terrible quality and it was like 24fps, hurt my head every time the camera panned, which is all the time because its sports.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rick Nash and Matt Puempel both skated in normal contact jerseys today at practice. Both seem to be skating as extras, though.

Ryan McDonagh is still out with the flu, while Brady Skjei is having dental work done after nearly being assassinated last night.

All are going to be traveling with the team to Dallas, so that's some good news.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is the new Final Fantasy any good? I've never played a FF game, but I'm looking for something new to play.

Just when you think they hit rock bottom, the Canucks find a way to surprise you.

I want to see how long Willie lasts with this tire fire of a team.

Yawnier

Banned
986fdea8fe204bcdbde71ffc20d7cfc8.png

JackNicholson.gif

God I love the Chiapet. Hopefully he is Deadmonton's GM for the next 10 years

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers sent Jensen back to Hartford, so that must mean one of Nash and/or Puempel is good to go for tomorrow night in Dallas.

Chris R

I've only played FFXV for ~4 hours but I will say so far I'm loving the look of the game, but man is the gameplay absolute garbage.

Yawnier

Banned
My game recommendation will always be play Bloodborne forever.

I couldn't get into Bloodborne at all even though I loved the look of it. I can't git gud at it or any of the Souls games, hell I don't even think I got past the first real overworld/level thing in Bloodborne

I've only played FFXV for ~4 hours but I will say so far I'm loving the look of the game, but man is the gameplay absolute garbage.

It's a bit "hold O to win" at the beginning. But it's gets harder as you go. To me it's no different from hitting Attack over and over to win early battles in other FF games.

Chris R

It's a bit "hold O to win" at the beginning. But it's gets harder as you go. To me it's no different from hitting Attack over and over to win early battles in other FF games.

Hoping it gets hard soon then.

I just dislike it because other than swapping weapon types there seems to be zero strategy.

XIII might have been linear as hell, but at least it had some fun combat when you get into chapter 11+ and start doing the endgame stuff.

Not "hard" if you stay near recommended levels but if you don't want battles to last forever against some enemies you have to do some thinking and try different things. Some enemies just take forever to die if you just keep attacking with one weapon.
the "final" boss took me like 20 minutes of sponging damage, but I only used like 5 potions on him.

The combat is so jank, but somehow never challenging

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't get over how lame the main characters look whenever I see promotional material for this game, there's nothing appealing about this group of people to me:

At least the older games had some diversity.

I just can't get over how lame the main characters look whenever I see promotional material for this game, there's nothing appealing about this group of people to me:

That picture isnt really accurate. The guy on the right is only in the game for like 5 seconds

Hoping it gets hard soon then.

I just dislike it because other than swapping weapon types there seems to be zero strategy.

XIII might have been linear as hell, but at least it had some fun combat when you get into chapter 11+ and start doing the endgame stuff.

Don't ever expect the game to kick your ass unless you try shit you're underleveled for, but at some point you'll see some enemies where using your teammates techniques will be a huge benefit.

Having said that you could probably just brute force mostly everything if you have enough healing items but that's just not as fun.

Yawnier

Banned

Maybe it is a thing because the game was in development for like 10 years, but the character designs to me look like something out an edgy emo teenager anime from 2007. Even most of the FF13 and 13-2 character designs weren't that bad.

The story in FFXV was rough for most of it but the very very very end of the game was so well done for me. I feel like it's gotta be one of the better game endings I've seen in a while.

Top Bottom