• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it is a thing because the game was in development for like 10 years, but the character designs to me look like something out an edgy emo teenager anime from 2007. Even most of the FF13 and 13-2 character designs weren't that bad.

Reminds me of present day Green Day.

Even if you like the design of the characters themselves, I can't get past the fact that they're all practically wearing the exact same thing. The past games all had a good mix of protagonists from what I remember.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me of present day Green Day.

Even if you like the design of the characters themselves, I can't get past the fact that they're all practically wearing the exact same thing. The past games all had a good mix of protagonists from what I remember.
To be fair, you can change their outfits. My Noctis has been rocking a pinstripe suit for pretty much the whole game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What's the best new-ish turn-based JRPG these days? Aside from Pokemon of course.

I still want The Last Remnant 2 or anything like it. I sunk so many hours in that game yet I feel like not many people liked or bought it so I'll never get anything like it again :( :( :(

What's the best new-ish turn-based JRPG these days? Aside from Pokemon of course.

I still want The Last Remnant 2 or anything like it. I sunk so many hours in that game yet I feel like not many people liked or bought it so I'll never get anything like it again :( :( :(

Just hold out a bit longer for Persona 5. It will be one of the greats.

I hear Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II on Vita/PS3 is pretty good.

calder

Thursday will mark Auston Matthews’ first NHL game against the Coyotes, a team he grew up watching and credits for being a main influence for why he took up the sport of hockey as a kid growing up in Arizona.

“It’s going to be pretty cool to play in a game against Shane Doan, a guy I grew up watching,” Matthews said. “Just getting to know him over the last couple of years, it’s pretty incredible the type of guy he is.”

Post game: "It was just a thrill getting low bridged by Shane Doan in a meaningless December game between two non-playoff teams. And then later when he rung my bell, just the way he did it - like you can almost give him the benefit of the doubt and say his elbow grazed the back of my helmet accidentally even though you KNOW he knew I was there... yeah just what I loved about his wily veteran play when I was a kid!"

Post game: "It was just a thrill getting low bridged by Shane Doan in a meaningless December game between two non-playoff teams. And then later when he rung my bell, just the way he did it - like you can almost give him the benefit of the doubt and say his elbow grazed the back of my helmet accidentally even though you KNOW he knew I was there... yeah just what I loved about his wily veteran play when I was a kid!"

"Also it was great to see my old friend and teammate Pistol Petey Hollman score a hat trick. Real happy for him."

Foggy

200_s.gif

PillarEN

FF15 bros are essentially host boys. Something for the ladies.

NBC isn't part of the Disney family no? Why are they giving free advertising to them? I know I know. Star Wars is too universal.

Older overall but new to english
Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky PC/PSP (Playable on Vita, however the third game coming in 2017 will be PC only)
Oh nice. I wasn't sure if the third one was going to make it into English. But my understanding is that it's a little separate from the first two so it wouldn't have been a catastrophe if it didn't make it.

Older overall but new to english
Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky PC/PSP (Playable on Vita, however the third game coming in 2017 will be PC only)

Older overall but VERY new to english
Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel on PS3/Vita

I don't recommend many games as highly as these

iLLmAtlc

I finally mustered the courage to buy Bloodborne a few weeks ago and man it's so damn good. Highly recommended for anyone else on the fence. It's hard but fair. If you die it's usually because you made a mistake. It constantly requires you to think, learn from your mistakes and change your strategy.

A few months ago I figured out my brother sold a ton of my video game stuff. Stuff from Genesis all the way up to PS4. Games that are a pain in the ass to find these days, like Conker's Bad Fur Day, Bayonetta 1+2, Persona 2/3/4/FES, Paper Mario TTYD, etc. Luckily, the game store he sold them to was willing to help me by selling some of them back to me at the rate they bought them at, but many are gone.

So when I got FFXV and The Last Guardian in the mail I found out he also sold my PS4 controllers too lmao 😬 so I just have those games sitting there...waiting on Boxing Day to get a cheap controller.

Yawnier

Banned
A few months ago I figured out my brother sold a ton of my video game stuff. Stuff from Genesis all the way up to PS4. Games that are a pain in the ass to find these days, like Conker's Bad Fur Day, Bayonetta 1+2, Persona 2/3/4/FES, Paper Mario TTYD, etc. Luckily, the game store he sold them to was willing to help me by selling some of them back to me at the rate they bought them at, but many are gone.

So when I got FFXV and The Last Guardian in the mail I found out he also sold my PS4 controllers too lmao �� so I just have those games sitting there...waiting on Boxing Day to get a cheap controller.

Yeah DS4 controllers were on sale for under 50 bucks on black friday (I bought a red one) so I imagine they will go on sale again on boxing day/week

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Took advantage of the EB Games trade in deal and traded in my launch X1 for the S. With some other trade in it only cost $50 and I got a $50 restaurant gift card. Worth it just for the new controller. Love the look of the boner S.

I wish I had the PlayStation 20th anniversary Dualshock 4. The new silver one looks pretty sweet too. I need a couple new ones because the rubber on the joysticks for my first two is completely fucked.

Pikma

Banned

So when I got FFXV and The Last Guardian in the mail I found out he also sold my PS4 controllers too lmao 😬 so I just have those games sitting there...waiting on Boxing Day to get a cheap controller.

Yeah DS4 controllers were on sale for under 50 bucks on black friday (I bought a red one) so I imagine they will go on sale again on boxing day/week

I wish I had the PlayStation 20th anniversary Dualshock 4. The new silver one looks pretty sweet too. I need a couple new ones because the rubber on the joysticks for my first two is completely fucked.

Same, but I want the colour scheme on the new DS4s.

I have two right now, black (new) and white (old). I'd probably trade in the old white one. I don't need more than two.
Look at all these non-Xbox One All-in-One Entertainment and Games System owners

Shameful
disgusting
ew

PillarEN

Jesus I would flip if a family member sold all my gaming material. Especially any of the Nintendo stuff which pretty much doesn't exist here.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Took advantage of the EB Games trade in deal and traded in my launch X1 for the S. With some other trade in it only cost $50 and I got a $50 restaurant gift card. Worth it just for the new controller. Love the look of the boner S.

I might do this, wonder if I have any games worth anything for trade in.

PillarEN

I live in the Czech Republic. Ex Michigander though. Nintendo doesn't really have a presence here. North America, Japan, Western Europe and that's it. Everywhere else they are a joke that people only recognize as the Mario and Pokémon company. And those pokeymans are emulated not played on Game Boys/DS.

I live in the Czech Republic. Ex Michigander though. Nintendo doesn't really have a presence here. North America, Japan, Western Europe and that's it. Everywhere else they are a joke that people only recognize as the Mario and Pokémon company. And those pokeymans are emulated not played on Game Boys/DS.

Ahhh okay. Makes much more sense lol

why am I not surprised

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, how do I do this or have I just not unlocked it yet?
It's in the gear menu. I think the suit was a preorder thing. The different outfits have different stats and stuff too. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of options, nor have I come across any place where you can buy more outfits than the options you have at the beginning unless I just missed it somewhere. Maybe more outfits will be in the DLC?

Top Bottom