• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've been wondering what's gone on with Tampa this season, Zero only posts when they're winning or Stamkos gets injured.

c4ca3f506dfe46e588acdc705f33988a.png

I don't know which spin to believe

Sounds like the owners admitting they were wrong, but not admitting it at the same time lol.

We'll see when the coming moves are made.

Red_Man

Panthers president/CEO Matt Caldwell called me to put this story to bed that nothing has changed in hierarchy. #flapanthers
Either Panthers management is more of a dumpster fire then it appears, or Dreger is just pulling shit out of his ass.

zroid

Banned
According to Friedman and his sources, Dregers report is accurate which just makes the Florida management group look like that more of a joke

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/panthers-owner-tallon-always-final-say-hockey-decisions/

Maybe this is all the result of firing a popular Canadian coach, or more the result of this constant analytics vs "watch the games" debate

at this point I'm mostly of the belief that the Canadian media has been manufacturing a controversy where there isn't one. they thrive on the public perception that the Florida ownership is inept.

there may be some truth to the report but it's probably largely a non-story, and has been a non-story since the beginning with Tallon's "promotion".

ZeroGravity

I've been wondering what's gone on with Tampa this season, Zero only posts when they're winning or Stamkos gets injured.
I've watched like five games this season. Haven't had much interest, and not like the Lightning have really given me much reason to.

zroid

Banned
Seems that team canada has made its final cuts

just waiting for someone to tweet out the full list of players

edit: from Bobby Mac

Team CAN F (not lines):
Jost-Strome-Gauthier
Dubois-Barzal-Stephens
Joseph-Roy-Speers
Dube-Cirelli-Raddysh
McLeod

Team CAN D (not in pairs/order):
Chabot-Juulsen
Bean-Myers
Clague-Fabbro
Lauzon

Team CAN G:
Carter Hart
Connor Ingram

Red_Man

at this point I'm mostly of the belief that the Canadian media has been manufacturing a controversy where there isn't one. they thrive on the public perception that the Florida ownership is inept.

there may be some truth to the report but it's probably largely a non-story, and has been a non-story since the beginning with Tallon's "promotion".
If Dreger is reporting it and Friedman is backing it, I'm more inclined to believe them then a management group that fired a winning coach.

I've watched like five games this season. Haven't had much interest, and not like the Lightning have really given me much reason to.
I don't follow any Tampa guys, so I have no idea what's going on with the team and if it's just another slow start or something else

Top Bottom