• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Stupid college should have shut him down ASAP

Rumor I heard before I graduated/left campus was that tests that were run were iffy on whether or not surgery was needed. Experts/docs were iffy as well. Some said he should have it, others said he didn't need it.

Boeser apparently downplayed the entire thing the whole time.

In short, nothing made it necessary that he get shut down. There was no conclusive reason to shut him down. So he kept going through it. All of it together just led to them waiting and waiting.

Obviously he should have been shut down weeks ago but that's not easy to see at the time.

Reckheim

what are the odds the Goat is playing in the NHL right now if he was a 5th round pick
Ehh, imo he hasn't been any worse then Smith. He'll never be anything better then a 4th line center tho. I still have no idea how he got picked so high in the draft, he was nothing special even when he got drafted.

Socreges

Banned
Rumor I heard before I graduated/left campus was that tests that were run were iffy on whether or not surgery was needed. Experts/docs were iffy as well. Some said he should have it, others said he didn't need it.

Boeser apparently downplayed the entire thing the whole time.

In short, nothing made it necessary that he get shut down. There was no conclusive reason to shut him down. So he kept going through it. All of it together just led to them waiting and waiting.

Obviously he should have been shut down weeks ago but that's not easy to see at the time.
I did ask myself, 'I wonder if this will provoke FUBAR'...yep. 😗

The Leafs have not been more than 2 points above or below .500 at all this season.

They've been 2 points above .500 twice for one game and 2 points below once for one game. So aaaaaalllll the rest of the season they've been hovering right at the .500 mark. Pretty frustrating.

Socreges

Banned
The Leafs have not been more than 2 points above or below .500 at all this season.

They've been 2 points above .500 twice for one game and 2 points below once for one game. So aaaaaalllll the rest of the season they've been hovering right at the .500 mark. Pretty frustrating.
Do yourself a favour then. Consider that the Leafs being .500 is entirely a construct of the NHLs forced parity system gifting loser points and in real terms they're several games below. Not so frustrating then!

Holiday

Banned
win a faceoff 3 on 3, wait for the defending forward to pressure you, cycle the puck to nobody

Blues hockey

I'd trade Shattenkirk for a 3rd.

win a faceoff 3 on 3, wait for the defending forward to pressure you, cycle the puck to nobody

Blues hockey

I'd trade Shattenkirk for a 3rd.

Doesn't Tampa really need defense?

I could see them being a fit.

If not for Shatty then the Wild should trade them someone. Either Scandella or Dumba.

Pikma

Banned
So the Canes games never get that much of a crowd and now they piss off the few thousand(?) that do bother to attend such shitty games.

Fucking relocate them, this league is shit

zroid

Banned
Jeez Freddie only played 6 mins at 5v5

3 mins on the PK

his PK numbers also weren't too good xG wise, by far the worst on the team (0.55 xGA, next highest is Zach Hyman at 0.18 xGA, and Hyman played 4 minutes)

Quick

Banned
Ducks!!!!

gg ducks-age :)

IlnH0Ju.gif

Reckheim

what is with that picture? Are they wearing the M'hats on purpose or is that a joke?

They remind me of a kid I knew in high school that would wear a trench coat cause he thought he looked like the dude from Matrix and he just ended up looking dumb.

Top Bottom