• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's cute how you bring up a matter entirely unrelated to the subject. I don't care about either team in this scenario, thus I have no vested interest and put out a perfectly rational explanation as to why I thought it was the right call.

You then proceed to bring up something completely unrelated to try to "discredit" me or something? Try harder next time with something that makes sense instead of bullshitting with something irrelevant like a three year old.
All you care about is trolling people and becoming a worst poster then Tabris at this point. I didn't get into your argument becuase it's full of shit, and you had no part in this anyways. Socrege's did a fine job of dismantling your points, but you don't seem interested in addressing his points which is understandable.

That's not nit picking. Is there not a massive difference between spearing and pushing?

1) His hands weren't tied up.
2) He probably could breathe - assuming he can't is silly.
3) His head was not being twisted backwards.
4) He didn't look panicked, he looked rabid.

People in the Toronto media (that I've seen) aren't even going to the lengths that some of you are. They agree, like reasonable people would, that biting is not an option. But they're claiming that there's no evidence and maybe it didn't happen -- really?

1) from the angle I saw, it looked like he was wrestling with someone else, then got one hand up to try to pry Patches' hands away, no?
2) Again, I don't see why there would be a panic to his actions if he could breathe.
3) His head was being twisted to the right where Patches' hand was coming from.
4) I read it more as panic and I know quite a few people in the media in no way related to Toronto have said the same.

All you care about is trolling people and becoming a worst poster then Tabris at this point. I didn't get into your argument becuase it's full of shit, and you had no part in this anyways. Socrege's did a fine job of dismantling your points, but you don't seem interested in addressing his points which is understandable.

You're right, my four points that I backed up are full of shit because you (a Habs fan) say so. Excuse me for jumping into a conversation without getting Lord Red_Man's approval. I'll be sure to get it next time before voicing my opinion. Please forgive me.

Socreges had his post made while I was busy. I had your post pulled up in the news room and got distracted by a story, then finished the post after I was free again, hence the late reply to your post. My apologies for paying more attention to my IRL job. I'll be sure to have the reporters wait until I finish my GAF post next time before I help them out.

Socreges

Banned
No longer invested enough in this. I'll just say that I don't think Grabovski had to bite Pacioretty or should be absolved from blame. Unless you actually fish hook someone's mouth with your fingers, I don't agree that biting is defensible.

Montresor

Can I think Pacioretty is whiny, Gorges is whiny, that Pacioretty shouldn't have wrapped his arm around Grabovski, and at the same time think Grabovski was wrong to bite Pacioretty's arm?

Red_Man

Can I think Pacioretty is whiny, Gorges is whiny, that Pacioretty shouldn't have wrapped his arm around Grabovski, and at the same time think Grabovski was wrong to bite Pacioretty's arm?

9oP4XiI.jpg

I'm on the same page as you

Alucard

Banned
Leafs fans, what kind of player is Kulemin? Is he even worth a first?

And no discipline for Grabo? Fuck this, I'm calling my local MP.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Sure, I can't think of any way to call Pacioretty the single biggest whiner in the game though.

Any GM who trades a first and a prospect for Kulemin should be fired.

Montresor

Kulemin scored 30 goals two years ago and 7 goals last year.

He is neither a 30-goal scorer nor a 7-goal scorer. What he is is a defensively sound tank that can give you 15 goals a year at least. At 225lbs he can take hits and play very well along the boards. He can lay people out but he's not aggressive enough to do that consistently, so although he can hit people hard, he tends not to go for big body checks. What he can do is take the body very well. And he has enough of a scoring touch and the playmaking skills to be a nice complimentary player to Malkin. He wouldn't be the same as Neal to Crosby, but Malkin would elevate Kulemin's game, and combine that with his defensive skills and play along the boards, Kulemin would be a pretty dang good addition to the Penguins.

He's making $2.8 million a year and is an RFA at the end of the year. I don't see him earning a huge raise. Hopefully he can stay with the Leafs with a similar contract.

I don't want to trade away Kulemin, but I think a 1st-rounder and a prospect would be a damn good offer. That's an overpayment.

Has your rivalry with Red_Man driven you to this, wsoxfan?

Huh? No, that was my legitimate take on the issue. If someone came up behind me in a game and did that and I couldn't breathe (which, ultimately, we'll never actually know), I'd try to free my hands like he did to pry the arm away. If I couldn't, I'd bite the guy. I'll be damned if I'm going to be choked out or fall with my head twisted awkwardly.

I don't want to trade away Kulemin, but I think a 1st-rounder and a prospect would be a damn good offer. That's an overpayment.

A late first rounder and an average prospect? No, that's not an overpayment for a guy who's already established himself as a bona fide NHL player. Your late round pick will likely end up a career AHLer, and the prospect... well, you could trade him to Montreal for Lars 'ECHL' Eller I guess.

I'd keep Kulemin. He offsets Grabovski's more feral instincts on that line.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
People in the Toronto media (that I've seen) aren't even going to the lengths that some of you are. They agree, like reasonable people would, that biting is not an option. But they're claiming that there's no evidence and maybe it didn't happen -- really?
Thats funny, because the NHL just concluded that there was no evidence either.

But please feel free to find me the evidence. It shouldn't take you long, right?

ZeroGravity

As if that roadtrip couldn't be any more embarrassing:
Ryan Malone was a late scratch from Sunday's game with a lower body injury. Malone actually sustained the ailment while kicking around a soccer ball with his teammates before the game.

Cake Boss

Banned
LOL this draft is very good, late 1st rounder last season Matteau is doing very well for the Devils this season.

So Perry on third line eh.

But please feel free to find me the evidence. It shouldn't take you long, right?

To be fair, why else would Patches fall like that and look in pain? I'm not arguing he didn't bite him - I'm sure he did. I just think putting yourself in the position that your arm is in someone's mouth is inherently stupid and asking to be bitten, especially if the person can't breathe.

And I thought the Hawks were softer than soccer players. :p

Red_Man

We need all the help we can get right now, this is good news.

LOL this draft is very good, late 1st rounder last season Matteau is doing very well for the Devils this season.

So Perry on third line eh.
I read a report last week that a number of scouts have had a change of heart, and believe that the top 10-15 is really good, but after that it drops off like a typical draft.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
To be fair, why else would Patches fall like that and look in pain? I'm not arguing he didn't bite him - I'm sure he did. I just think putting yourself in the position that your arm is in someone's mouth is inherently stupid and asking to be bitten, especially if the person can't breathe.

And I thought the Hawks were softer than soccer players. :p

He fell because he was holding onto Grabovski as Grabovski fell. Maybe he scraped his arm against Grabovski's teeth? Maybe Grabovski closed his mouth as he fell down? There's a million explanations that are just as likely as Grabovski intentionally biting down, and none of them involve any malicious intent on Grabovski's part.

Cake Boss

Banned
We need all the help we can get right now, this is good news.

I read a report last week that a number of scouts have had a change of heart, and believe that the top 10-15 is really good, but after that it drops off like a typical draft.

Was it the Yahoo article? You see those articles almost every year, if a Curtis Lazar is on people's late 1st round projection lists then I consider it a deep draft, and an Adam Erne as mid rounder, look like a top 5 talent in any other draft.

Red_Man

Was it the Yahoo article? You see those articles almost every year, if a Curtis Lazar is on people's late 1st round projection lists then I consider it a deep draft, and an Adam Erne as mid rounder, look like a top 5 talent in any other draft.
Nah, a different one I'll try and find it. I'm not saying it's anything definitive, this shit happens with every draft, but it seems some of the hype has deflated. That top 10-15 or so is still ridiculous.

Why did I know as soon as I saw you quoting that that that picture was coming? You're from Sweden, correct?

...I hate english sometimes. (that that that)
Hehe you are right, first thing I thought about when I saw what Cakeboss wrote.

lol that that that looks ridiculous, cant believe that it is correct.

Hehe you are right, first thing I thought about when I saw what Cakeboss wrote.

lol that that that looks ridiculous, cant believe that it is correct.

I figured.

You have no idea how often I look at a sentence (I'm an editor of a newspaper) and think, "there's no way that can be right" only to find out it actually is. Goddamn language has too many rules and different meanings for each word. :lol

Please, PLEASE destroy the Leafs tonight. Take them off their high horse before it gets too late.

It's already too late. I'm in the process of building my bunker.

Stasis

I was instantly reminded of the sentence:

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

And then saw:

That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is.

Both are grammatically valid sentences. Go English!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To be fair, the buffalo sentence is more of a crazy example. It gets brought up in pretty much every english class at one point or the other just because it's so wacky.

Also wsox, slightly OT, but nice! Big or small newspaper?
You getting ready to be replaced by electronic media yet?

To be fair, the buffalo sentence is more of a crazy example. It gets brought up in pretty much every english class at one point or the other just because it's so wacky.

Also wsox, slightly OT, but nice! Big or small newspaper?
You getting ready to be replaced by electronic media yet?

Middleish. We're trying to change over a bit. Not going to be too long until we can't put it off much longer though.

ESPN said:
It felt like time to recognize Vancouver's performance, which comes despite the daily drama of its goaltending situation. But No. 1? That's not even close. The Blackhawks are playing on a different plane from the rest of the league.

"As one NHL GM told me last week, 'Those guys are playing a different game right now than anybody else.' "

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

I know we're playing well, but c'mon now.

Socreges

Banned

You're confused. Again. I'm not saying there's explicit evidence. In fact, I agreed above with the NHL's decision. I'm saying that arguing that because there's no evidence that then We'll never know! is ridiculous. We're not in a court of law. We can reasonably agree amongst ourselves that Grabovski did bite him.

Montresor

Please, PLEASE destroy the Leafs tonight. Take them off their high horse before it gets too late.

Hey come on, Leaf fans were bound to be glowing after Saturday night. We beat our most hated rival physically, emotionally, on the scoreboard, and Pacioretty will soon be showing up as a walker in Woodbury.

Socreges

Banned
Btw "an" editor is different from "the" editor. But most people don't acknowledge the distinction. Pretty sure I got a great job based on that oversight.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't hold any grudges against Leaf fans for rubbing salt in our eyes. The Leafs have been so terrible and have missed the playoffs for so long they need every last bit enjoyment they can get to stave off crippling depression.

Top Bottom