• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's no wonder they couldn't find any evidence on Pacioretty, the bite wound probably healed itself within minutes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh god, the Leafs fans at work are insufferable this morning. I think they're presently on Google Maps planning the parade route.
I woke up Sunday and my phone was assaulted from these assholes.

Solo said:
practice lines for today:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher (yes yes yes!)
Prust-Desharnais-Cole (dat third line demotion - love it!)
Moen-Eller-Armstrong
6r0fc.gif

I'm not worried about Eller, he's just in a weird position with there being too many centers, and starting at the beginning of the season he was at the bottom of the totem pole. Although Friedman mentioned last week he talked to Bergevin when he first got hired and he had said Eller's name was the one that came up most when people were asking who was available...

Doubly funny because Pacioretty is a rat.
Lol wut? He's consistently been one of the nicest dudes in hockey....I can't believe how fiercely Leaf fans are trying to defend Grabo's actions, it's embarrassing.

Lol wut? He's consistently been one of the nicest dudes in hockey....I can't believe how fiercely Leaf fans are trying to defend Grabo's actions, it's embarrassing.

Lol, wut? Probably the whiniest player in the league, spears Chara after scoring an overtime goal then hides behind his teammates and the refs. Dirty hit on Letang. I get that Habs fans rallied around him after Chara ran him into the stanchion, but he's far from saintly.

Leafs are pussies. It fits.

I guess that makes the Habs mice?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
All Saturday's game has taught me is NHL-GAF ain't ready to handle all the salt that would be produced if the Leafs and Habs ever faced each other in the playoffs.

Shame it may not happen for a long ass time. :(

Red_Man

Lol, wut? Probably the whiniest player in the league, spears Chara after scoring an overtime goal then hides behind his teammates and the refs. Dirty hit on Letang. I get that Habs fans rallied around him after Chara ran him into the stanchion, but he's far from saintly.
ibaguV1dS8BmR4.gif

He pushed Chara, didn't spear him, and the hit on Letang was a clean open ice hit where he had his head down. Just stop please. If you're going to attempt to slander a player at least make sure the shit you're saying can't be contradicted in seconds on youtube.

It's pathetic to me how Habs fans can't see it from Grabo's POV. So if you're playing and suddenly someone wraps their arm around your face, your hands being tied up elsewhere and they're twisting your head backwards awkwardly while you can't breathe, wouldn't you panic?

1) He can't drop the gloves when his hands are tied up.
2) He can't breathe
3) His head is being twisted backwards
4) He clearly looked (justifiably) panicked

Don't want to get bit? Don't do the shit. Stop being a homer and look at it logically and I guarantee you most of you would have done anything required to be able to breathe again, including biting.

ibaguV1dS8BmR4.gif

He pushed Chara, didn't spear him, and the hit on Letang was a clean open ice hit where he had his head down. Just stop please. If you're going to attempt to slander a player at least make sure the shit you're saying can't be contradicted in seconds on youtube.

Sorry, you can call it a push if you want, but provoking an opposing teams player after scoring a goal and then hiding is a rat move.

It's pathetic to me how Habs fans can't see it from Grabo's POV. So if you're playing and suddenly someone wraps their arm around your face, your hands being tied up elsewhere and they're twisting your head backwards awkwardly while you can't breathe, wouldn't you panic?

2) He can't breathe

Don't want to get bit? Don't do the shit. Stop being a homer and look at it logically and I guarantee you most of you would have done anything required to be able to breathe again, including biting.

The other thing is that if his mouth was at all open when he got grabbed, clamping the jaw down would be an involuntary reaction to prevent the jaw from being dislocated. The human jaw has very little 'side to side' strength when it's open.

Solo

2) He can't breathe

You care more than I do, and I'm one of said alleged "homer Habs fans" :lol

Red_Man

Sorry, you can call it a push if you want, but provoking an opposing teams player after scoring a goal and then hiding is a rat move.
Hahaha so now it goes from a spear to "call it a push if you want"? It's clearly a small push, and there's a huge difference between a push and a spear in case you weren't aware.

You care more than I do, and I'm one of said alleged "homer Habs fans" :lol

Vast majority of the Habs fan around various hockey sites make it seem like Grabovski should be suspended and act like he killed a person. Wasn't talking about you.

There's no reason to suspend and his actions were completely understandable is all I'm saying.

The other thing is that if his mouth was at all open when he got grabbed, clamping the jaw down would be an involuntary reaction to prevent the jaw from being dislocated. The human jaw has very little 'side to side' strength when it's open.

Good point.

Solo

No fine/suspension? No big deal. It's hockey. Pacioretty will find a way to get his pound of D grade Grabo flesh. Life goes on.

Red_Man

Vast majority of the Habs fan around various hockey sites make it seem like Grabovski should be suspended and act like he killed a person. Wasn't talking about you.

There's no reason to suspend and his actions were completely understandable is all I'm saying.
Would have loved to have your very clear and objective analysis of when Burrows bit Bergeron.

Hey, why don't we get back to this when you can locate the point.
The one where you create false claims to try and make Pacioretty look like something he's not?

The one where you create false claims to try and make Pacioretty look like something he's not?

Don't make this an internet argument. The point is that he provoked Chara and ran away. You have yet to respond to that in any way other than nit picking the language I used.

That's not something the "nicest person in the league" would do.

Red_Man

Don't make this an internet argument. The point is that he provoked Chara and ran away. You have yet to respond to that in any way other than nit picking the language I used.

So now pushing a guy in a scrum makes you a dirty player? I guess 95% of the players in the league are dirty rats. It was an OT winner and he went to celebrate with his teammates and Gill got involved before anything could happen, that's not running away. I'm nit picking the language you're using because it's all completely false. I just don't understand why you would choose Pacioretty of all Hab players to go on this crusade.

So now pushing a guy in a scrum makes you a dirty player? I guess 95% of the players in the league are dirty rats. It was an OT winner and he went to celebrate with his teammates and Gill got involved before anything could happen, that's not running away. I'm nit picking the language you're using because it's all completely false. I just don't understand why you would choose Pacioretty of all Hab players to go on this crusade.

Probably because Pacioretty is the guy who stuck his arm in somebodies mouth then bitched to the refs and media endlessly when he got bit.

Also, since we're getting so caught up in making sure we're being correct in how we're calling things, this is what you call "pushing a guy in a scrum"?

http://youtu.be/Yid7xYQLkrU?t=16s

Socreges

Banned

That's not nit picking. Is there not a massive difference between spearing and pushing?

2) He can't breathe

1) His hands weren't tied up.
2) He probably could breathe - assuming he can't is silly.
3) His head was not being twisted backwards.
4) He didn't look panicked, he looked rabid.

People in the Toronto media (that I've seen) aren't even going to the lengths that some of you are. They agree, like reasonable people would, that biting is not an option. But they're claiming that there's no evidence and maybe it didn't happen -- really?

fallout

I think the incident was overblown. Pacioretty put Grabo in a vulnerable position. I agree it was wrong to bite, but Pacioretty whining for almost a minute straight to referees was fucking laughable, as was Gorges's post-game speech to reporters saying Grabo should drop his gloves and be a man.

I am surprised there was no suspension. I'm just saying I'm glad we can move on from this.
I don't follow the Leafs or the Habs. All I know is that some guy might have bit some other guy's hand in a hockey game and the league was looking into it. That's not overblown, that's the league doing their job.

Merguson

Banned
Geez.

The NHL was not convinced that an biting incident occurred and therefore there was no disciplinary action taken.

Move on.

That's not nit picking. Is there not a massive difference between spearing and pushing?

Not really as far as my point is concerned. The crux of my argument isn't putting a fine definition on exactly what happened to provoke Chara. The exact specifics of that aren't really important to my point. The point I'm making is that provoke him he did, and then man up and drop the gloves he didn't.

Socreges

Banned
Geez.

The NHL was not convinced that an biting incident occurred and therefore there was no disciplinary action taken.

Move on.
The NHL has to work with tangible evidence. They probably believe that Grabovski did bite Pacioretty, but since they can't actually prove it without a shadow of a doubt, no discipline. I'm just surprised by the Leafs fans that apparently believe in their heart of hearts that there was no wrongdoing by Grabovski.

The NHL has to work with tangible evidence. They probably believe that Grabovski did bite Pacioretty, but since they can't actually prove it without a shadow of a doubt, no discipline. I'm just surprised by the Leafs fans that apparently believe in their heart of hearts that there was no wrongdoing by Grabovski.

If you stick your arm in my mouth, I'm probably going to bite you. That's all I'm saying.

Socreges

Banned
Not really as far as my point is concerned. The crux of my argument isn't putting a fine definition on exactly what happened to provoke Chara. The exact specifics of that aren't really important to my point. The point I'm making is that provoke him he did, and then man up and drop the gloves he didn't.
God help me for siding with Red_Man, but you were trying to argue that Pacioretty was a "rat" and after your post had its dressing removed, all that was left was that Pacioretty pushed Chara and then went on to celebrate his goal. *shrug*

No doubt you guys want to paint the accuser, Pacioretty, in a bad light. But I'm not seeing how he's a "rat".

If you stick your arm in my mouth, I'm probably going to bite you. That's all I'm saying.
Pacioretty's arm was in Grabovski's mouth? Jesus, that did not show up on video.

Pacioretty's arm was in Grabovski's mouth? Jesus, that did not show up on video.

Oh sure, so now he didn't bit him? MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

My point is that he didn't have to push him. He did it to rub it in, and then was conspicuously absent when Chara came knocking. If you're going to provoke guys then disappear when they come knocking, you're a rat.

Socreges

Banned
Oh sure, so now he didn't bit him? MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
Which came first, the arm or the teeth?!

Simon Belmont said:
My point is that he didn't have to push him. He did it to rub it in, and then was conspicuously absent when Chara came knocking. If you're going to provoke guys then disappear when they come knocking, you're a rat.
I'd definitely agree that one incident where you push a guy to provoke him but aren't truly willing to face the consequences is 'ratty' (classless). But that doesn't make him a rat.

Red_Man

This is my point, I haven't complained that he didn't get suspended because I understand how the league approaches this, I just don't get why Leaf fans refuse to admit Grabvoski may have done something wrong.

I'd definitely agree that one incident where you push a guy to provoke him but aren't truly willing to face the consequences is 'ratty' (classless). But that doesn't make him a rat.

I'm comfortable meeting there.

Which came first, the arm or the teeth?!

If evolution is true, how come my arms aren't teeth by now?

This is my point, I haven't complained that he didn't get suspended because I understand how the league approaches this, I just don't get why Leaf fans refuse to admit Grabvoski may have done something wrong.

Can we agree that they're both wrong? Biting is bad and so is grabbing somebody by the face?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Considering some of the shit Grabovski has done, you're still going to go ahead and call Pacioretty the whiniest(not just one of) player in the league?

Red_Man

Apparently the D pairing's were the same for the Habs today? That's been part of our problem the last few games, Markov and Emelin have looked bad. Therrien really needs to reunite Gorges and Subban and play them 23-25 mins.

Would have loved to have your very clear and objective analysis of when Burrows bit Bergeron.

It's cute how you bring up a matter entirely unrelated to the subject. I don't care about either team in this scenario, thus I have no vested interest and put out a perfectly rational explanation as to why I thought it was the right call.

You then proceed to bring up something completely unrelated to try to "discredit" me or something? Try harder next time with something that makes sense instead of bullshitting with something irrelevant like a three year old.

Top Bottom