• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Solo

I feel like the Habs have to win 2 of 3 games this week against Bolts/Panthers/Flyers in order to keep fighting in the Northeast.

Osorio

tumblr_maeneppswy1qfi4gxo1_500.gif

tumblr_maeneppswy1qfi4gxo1_500.gif

I made a bet with my friend before the season starts that he would score more than 10 goals this season.

He bet me $200 that he wouldn't

Lookin' good!

Solo

Yeah, hopefully it is a good week. Maybe moving patches away from DD and Cole will help.

DD and Cole look done to me. Bench Cole and call up Leblanc.

1. Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
2. Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
3. DD-Eller-Leblanc
4. Moen-White-Prust

Bench: Armstrong, Cole

I know I said I never want to see White again, but after the Leafs game, clearly we need more goons.

Solo

Wow. Those were just my hopes, but then I just found the actual practice lines for today:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher (yes yes yes!)
Prust-Desharnais-Cole (dat third line demotion - love it!)
Moen-Eller-Armstrong

Poor Eller though. Guy is getting bounced around like a cheap hooker. I have a bad feeling we end up trading him this year :_(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Those were just my hopes, but then I just found the actual practice lines for today:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Armstrong

Poor Eller though. Guy is getting bounced around like a cheap hooker. I have a bad feeling we end up trading him this year :_(

If DD doesn't improve, hopefully Eller would move up. Patches with the Gallys could be great. Should see a boost in ice time for them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Armstrong

Weren't you McGuiring over this kid a year ago?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm increasingly feeling like we might be shopping Brian Boyle around. Being scratched two games in a row is pretty harsh even by Torts' standards, and the fact that they're playing their best hockey of the season without him in the lineup isn't doing him any favors. If he doesn't come out absolutely on fire whenever Torts lets him back into the lineup, I think he's done in NY.

Which is too bad because I do like Boyle. He's too much of a pussycat for his size, though.

Acid08

Banned
Today begins our long road trip. If we can't beat Columbus tonight then Gomez must be sacrificed to the hockey gods for the greater good of the team.

Might miss the game depending on what time I get out of work. Fuck you time zones!

Stasis

I'm increasingly feeling like we might be shopping Brian Boyle around. Being scratched two games in a row is pretty harsh even by Torts' standards, and the fact that they're playing their best hockey of the season without him in the lineup isn't doing him any favors. If he doesn't come out absolutely on fire whenever Torts lets him back into the lineup, I think he's done in NY.

Which is too bad because I do like Boyle. He's too much of a pussycat for his size, though.

I like the way the team's looking now, and making the small changes to the lineup (Powe, Miller) has really influenced the dynamic and contributed to getting us going.

I don't think anything needs to be done about Boyle right now, so I hope they keep him around until the deadline at least and then reassess performance and needs.

Edit: Unless of course a great deal comes along and is worth looking at seriously. And no, I don't mean Eller. I want none of that.

Merguson

Banned
I don't really like discussing this, but I'm deaf and I was pretty offended. You tried to insult/"burn" wsoxfan by suggesting he was deaf, as if that is a bad thing. It's not really something to be made light of, but I wouldn't expect much else from you.

Oh, you're deaf? I'm deaf too.

And seeing how you both dropped it, that's all I'll mention.

Speaking on topic of hockey, looking forward to see Luke Schenn tonight. See how he's playing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm a bit worried about tonight.

Leafs gotta start winning at home.

But that said 25% of the season over with and we're over .500 and in the playoffs. Let's hope the next 12 games can be as fruitful if not more so.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit worried about tonight.

Leafs gotta start winning at home.

But that said 25% of the season over with and we're over .500 and in the playoffs. Let's hope the next 12 games can be as fruitful if not more so.
6-0 Philly. Luke Schenn scores first goal.

Assisted by Brayden.

Seriously, maybe 4-2.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Quincey has been dropped to the least amount of ice time for defensemen these last 3 games. While in the two losses he had the most ice time I believe. Coincidence? I think not!

YES

Also, Joey Macdonald was claimed off waivers by Calgary. Good for him. With Gustavsson and Mrazek, we didn't have the roster space.

Call me an optimist, but I think the Leafs can ride the high of blowing out the Habs into a squeaker victory over the Flyers.

Flyer are playing better of late but I am still not sure I trust them. Luke has been playing great though, and he is a big part of the defense playing better. I just hope JVR doesnt kill the Flyers tonight.

Flyer are playing better of late but I am still not sure I trust them. Luke has been playing great though, and he is a big part of the defense playing better. I just hope JVR doesnt kill the Flyers tonight.

Either JVR is going to light it up and score multiple goals, or Schenn is going to just lay out Kessel with a hit.

I wonder if Phaneuf and Schenn are going to get into it. Rumour had it they did not get along at all.

Montresor

I'm really pleased to see people in the media putting as much or more blame on Patches as Grabovski for the biting incident. I'm watching Sportsnet Connected and their panel adamantly stated that Patches is partly to blame for wrapping his hand around Grabo's entire face.

Rangers fans, did you guys notice Torts fist bumping Asham the other day?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In regards to Grabo, still see no proof that he bit him. All you have is Pacioretty covering his face with his arm from behind. Either way I blame the refs here, Grabo had his gloves off ready to fight Plekanec but they were holding Plekanec back not allowing him to engage in the fight.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=655140&navid=nhl:topheads

NEW YORK -- Following a telephone hearing conducted this morning, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety has decided not to assess Supplemental Discipline to Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski for an incident that occurred during NHL Game No. 160 Saturday night in Montreal.

After interviewing both players involved in the incident and reviewing all of the available video and medical reports, the League could not determine conclusively that Grabovski bit Montreal forward Max Pacioretty.

The Department of Player Safety has concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to support imposing Supplemental Discipline.

TO+smile+and+sly+wink+and+affirmative+head+nod.gif

fallout

Now we can move on from this bs controversy. I'm so glad because Grabs is a huge part of this team and we need him against Philly.
Yeah, the league caring about whether one of their players bit another one of their players on the ice is such bullshit controversy!

Curufinwe

Either JVR is going to light it up and score multiple goals, or Schenn is going to just lay out Kessel with a hit.

I wonder if Phaneuf and Schenn are going to get into it. Rumour had it they did not get along at all.

Has Luke Schenn ever hit someone high? All his hits for the Flyers so far have been squeaky clean, which is nice. He dropped Eric Staal with a great check on Saturday.

Spl1nter

Now we can move on from this bs controversy. I'm so glad because Grabs is a huge part of this team and we need him against Philly.

Like what, Reimer's fantastic play this season and .929 save percentage.

Has Luke Schenn ever hit someone high? All his hits for the Flyers so far have been squeaky clean, which is nice. He dropped Eric Staal with a great check on Saturday.

Schenn is a clean hitter. Doubt either player fights as both are too important on defense.

He's a great hitter. I wasn't saying he was going to make a dirty hit, I just think he's going to hit somebody very hard.

Montresor

Yeah, the league caring about whether one of their players bit another one of their players on the ice is such bullshit controversy!

I think the incident was overblown. Pacioretty put Grabo in a vulnerable position. I agree it was wrong to bite, but Pacioretty whining for almost a minute straight to referees was fucking laughable, as was Gorges's post-game speech to reporters saying Grabo should drop his gloves and be a man.

I am surprised there was no suspension. I'm just saying I'm glad we can move on from this.

Quick

Banned
I think the incident was overblown. Pacioretty put Grabo in a vulnerable position. I agree it was wrong to bite, but Pacioretty whining for almost a minute straight to referees was fucking laughable, as was Gorges's post-game speech to reporters saying Grabo should drop his gloves and be a man.

Which Grabo was willing to do, as well.

I am surprised there was no suspension. I'm just saying I'm glad we can move on from this.

Doubly funny because Pacioretty is a rat.

Socreges

Banned
I know we've all got our biases, but I'm genuinely surprised by how deluded Leafs fans have been about this and some of the arguments they've put up.

I made a bet with my friend before the season starts that he would score more than 10 goals this season.

He bet me $200 that he wouldn't

Lookin' good!
Clarkson got, what, 30 goals last season? What a good friend. Maybe he thought you'd fallen on tough times and wanted to help out.

Top Bottom