• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Quick

Banned
A couple of us here in Boston are going to try and convince a sports bar here to put 1 TV on the Canucks - Hawks game. Unfortunately there is a Celtics game on, so may need to buy a lot of drinks to convince them.

Good luck. Not even just getting them to switch the channel, but with the heckling when they figure out you're a Canucks fan.

Leafs-GAF awfully cocky tonight.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Stasis

Don't have a good feeling about this one.

Here's hoping the Habs are sluggish after playing last night.

I don't either. It's just the way shit works out for me living here. Any time I'm cheering for the opposing team, the Habs will win. Perhaps I should cheer for the Habs.

As to your earlier question, whether the team can do anything offensively without Nash. I have a feeling we're not gonna like the answer to that question.

I'm psyched to see Mash though. As psyched as one can be to see a 4th liner, lol.

Tonight either DiPietro will get his first shutout in a long time or he'll find a way to hurt himself and Nabakov will get the shutout instead.

Can't wait til we score again sometime next week.

Via a post marvie found on hfboards:

tDQID.gif

dbag.png

CanucksDive4.gif

NzQhv.gif

CanucksDive6.gif

Fuck the Canucks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We'll repeat what happened nearly a year ago, on February 23, 2012. We ended Detroit's home-streak.

Chicago better get ready to get their streak broken as well. It's really too bad, apparently they're just one point away from tying the best start to a season record (Anaheim 06/07 12-0-4)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gally's puck distribution skills are insane......can't wait until he actually grows the balls to start using his shot.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was...lackluster.

Prust's line is killing us. When they're not on the ice, though, we seem to be somewhat in control. Gonna be a long grindy sorta game it seems.

Chemistry is clearly missing with Nash not out there. Hope you Habs fans are enjoying our horrendous power play. That one was above average for us, believe it or not.

Heretic

We'll repeat what happened nearly a year ago, on February 23, 2012. We ended Detroit's home-streak.

Chicago better get ready to get their streak broken as well. It's really too bad, apparently they're just one point away from tying the best start to a season record (Anaheim 06/07 12-0-4)

As much as I'd like the Ducks to keep the streak, there's no way canucks beat the Hawks in regulation. They're just too damn beautiful out there...

NHL.com posted: "Chicago is one point away from tying the best start in modern history"

Is 2007 not considered modern history?

Smiley90

As much as I'd like the Ducks to keep the streak, there's no way canucks beat the Hawks in regulation. They're just too damn beautiful out there...

NHL.com posted: "Chicago is one point away from tying the best start in modern history"

Is 2007 not considered modern history?

they said tying, so did I. Hawks are 13-0-3, Ducks were 13-0-4... so yes, one point away from tying, what's the beef :D

Also, we beat them in a SO last time, we'll beat them in regulation this time. We broke Detroit's home streak, we can beat Chicago's point streak. Kesler&Booth are back now, too.

Heretic

hrtc pls

Tabris told me that the world was created in 2004. And not in 7 days, but in 15 (of 16) days.
So good lol!!!

they said tying, so did I. Hawks are 13-0-3, Ducks were 13-0-4... so yes, one point away from tying, what's the beef :D

Also, we beat them in a SO last time, we'll beat them in regulation this time. We broke Detroit's home streak, we can beat Chicago's point streak. Kesler&Booth are back now, too.

Huh? Did you misread what I posted? :(

Smiley90

So good lol!!!

Huh? Did you misread what I posted? :(

You said "is 2007 not considered modern history", when NHL said Chicago is one point away from tying the modern history record... from the Ducks in 2007, so yes obviously 2007 is considered modern history because that's what the NHL website referenced?

Or am I totally misreading what everyone's saying now

CCF23 has arrived. Salt levels are rising already.

READY FOR ZEE ZALT TO FLOWETH

I GOT THE PARTY STARTED GUYS

calder

I'm confused as to how the Sabers didn't score like 15 goals during that PP. Have they never seen the Jets PK before? It's unbelievably bad. And we love nothing more than giving up goals really late and really early in periods... sometimes both.

Top Bottom