• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

RC

Banned
You're the older, sadder version of cakeboss.

ib1afhIt26u3wG.gif

Sabres finally scratching Leopold. Stafford demoted to 4th line, and I guess to make it more shameful, being replaced on the 2nd line by Pat Kaleta. Grigorenko apparently still healthy scratch.

Buffalo’s forward lines at today’s morning skate:
Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Kaleta-Ennis-Foligno
Ott-Hecht-Gerbe
Scott-McCormick-Stafford

Power play unit #1: Vanek/Ennis/Foligno; Pominville/Brennan
Power play unit #2: Gerbe/Hodgson/Ott; Myers/Ehrhoff

Mikhail Grigorenko skated as the extra forward during today’s skate, and is expected to be a healthy scratch for the second consecutive game.

wsox, I've put you on ignore so the only way I see something you say is if someone quotes you, so no need to waste your time.

I'm aware. I figure since you don't have the self control to stop yourself from posting things that an intelligent five year old knows not to post though, you certainly can't stop yourself from clicking on my posts to view them anyways.

And TSN's power rankings are so bad. Ducks get no respect and the fellating of the NE is hilarious.

Acid08

Banned
Not looking forward to seeing the Sharks get eviscerated by the Blues tonight. Actually won't be watching game, fucking start time while I'm at work.

I'm aware. I figure since you don't have the self control to stop yourself from posting things that an intelligent five year old knows not to post though, you certainly can't stop yourself from clicking on my posts to view them anyways.

And TSN's power rankings are so bad. Ducks get no respect and the fellating of the NE is hilarious.

quoting for Tabris

Stasis

Galchenyuk scores #2 tonight. I have that feel.

Also, 5 years ago today, also vs the Rags....

Damn that was 5 years ago? Time flies. I watched that game with a bunch of friends (all Habs fans, obviously) in a bar in Montreal and almost wept. Back then I hated the Habs less and didn't care as much about the Rangers. If that happened tonight I'd probably need to buy a few replacement items for my office after the havoc I would wreak.

No but srsly... these games are hard. If the Rangers lose I'll be fucking bombarded with texts from people who barely know a thing about hockey but are all Habs fans because, well because it's Montreal and that's just the way things are here. A lot of people on the outside looking in like to call it passion. Mostly it's just ignorance. It's still pretty cool during the playoffs when the whole city goes nuts, as long as they don't riot.

Please win Rangers. Do it for my sanity.

Not looking forward to seeing the Sharks get eviscerated by the Blues tonight. Actually won't be watching game, fucking start time while I'm at work.

Allen is starting and he's inevitably going to play an awful game before he gets sent back down to Peoria this year. I wouldn't count on that result as good as it would be to see.

Acid08

Banned
Allen is starting and he's inevitably going to play an awful game before he gets sent back down to Peoria this year. I wouldn't count on that result as good as it would be to see.
We managed to beat you once in nine games last season.

We're on a huge losing streak, you're on a three(?) game winning streak.

Our offense is as anemic as our coaching. I think we continue to get embarrassed.

We managed to beat you once in nine games last season.

We're on a huge losing streak, you're on a three(?) game winning streak.

Our offense is as anemic as our coaching. I think we continue to get embarrassed.

We had a good defense last year. So far this year we have Shattenkirk.

Also, Blues didn't arrive in STL until 6am this morning due to flight issues. Who knows what kind of state we're in.

It's baffling as to what's gotten into the Sharks. They seem healthy and everything. Bad luck when they run into hot goaltenders? Overachieved to start so it's just balancing out?

Acid08

Banned
It's baffling as to what's gotten into the Sharks. They seem healthy and everything. Bad luck when they run into hot goaltenders? Overachieved to start so it's just balancing out?

Overachieved to start, for sure, but we're not as bad as we've been during this losing streak.

Players just aren't connecting like they were in the first four or five games. They became really sloppy and complacent out of nowhere. Doesn't help that we're basically a two line team right now and the first line sees the toughest competition night in and night out. I think teams have just figured out that they have to 1. clog the neutral zone and 2. throw three guys on Jumbo whenever he gets the puck to shut us down. That's where the coaching has to change things up but TMac has never been too good at that.

Heretic

Overachieved to start, for sure, but we're not as bad as we've been during this losing streak.

Players just aren't connecting like they were in the first four or five games. They became really sloppy and complacent out of nowhere. Doesn't help that we're basically a two line team right now and the first line sees the toughest competition night in and night out. I think teams have just figured out that they have to 1. clog the neutral zone and 2. throw three guys on Jumbo whenever he gets the puck to shut us down. That's where the coaching has to change things up but TMac has never been too good at that.

Something similar happened last season, no? Still made the playoffs at least.

Tabris

I can't imagine ignoring anyone in NHL Gaf. The ignore feature is for Off Topic trolls, not hockey trolls.

Yeah, I hadn't ignored anyone until now but I'm trying not to get dragged into insults as I don't want to offend anyone. Doesn't help anyone. So I added wsox and dastardly as they specifically target me, nothing against them, just better for me to not see their posts.

Yeah, I hadn't ignored anyone until now but I'm trying not to get dragged into insults as I don't want to offend anyone. Doesn't help anyone. So I added wsox and dastardly as they specifically target me, nothing against them, just better for me to not see their posts.

Sports fans who can't handle trash talk probably should be watching cricket, curling or diving.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Great, Nash is out tonight for some obscure reason.
Fuck. Probably the same issue that had him as a game time decision on Sunday. "Banged up."

At least this gets Kreider back in the lineup, and we'll get to see if this team is capable of doing ANYTHING without Nash.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gonna get hammered tonight. Game better be good. Salthawk-GAF, I'm counting on you.

Relationship CPR failed, I need more alcohol in my system

RC

Banned
Gonna get hammered tonight. Game better be good. Salthawk-GAF, I'm counting on you.

Relationship CPR failed, I need more alcohol in my system

Sorry to hear that Smiley.

I'm working till 730. You guys will have to be my eyes and ears.

Tabris

A couple of us here in Boston are going to try and convince a sports bar here to put 1 TV on the Canucks - Hawks game. Unfortunately there is a Celtics game on, so may need to buy a lot of drinks to convince them.

Top Bottom