• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

nvfu.jpg

Spl1nter

I was think about o'rielly and that the leafs should try to offer sheet him. It would make a lot of sense as the compensation of 1st and 3rd is extremely unlikely to be as good of a player as him. However I doubt it would happen as the Leafs have a number of rfa's this summer including Kadri. Would screw up the team salary scale immensely. Kadri would deserve/want a similar number.

Think Buffalo will probably have the best package for him. Will make a trade eventually to get him.

Spl1nter

Plus, I don't think management is keen on getting rid of the 1st round pick in general.

True they want max domi :)

Its just if the leafs wanted to they could make a very difficult offer for Colorado to match. Give him a 5 year deal even at 4.5 AAV but with big signing bonuses in the first two years. Signing bonuses arent pro-rated, so if he had one of 6 million this year he would get all of it instantly once the deal is signed despite the fact he would only play ~20 games.

Nevertheless he will be moved before July 1st im guessing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
True they want max domi :)

Its just if the leafs wanted to they could make a very difficult offer for Colorado to match. Give him a 5 year deal even at 4.5 AAV but with big signing bonuses in the first two years. Signing bonuses arent pro-rated, so if he had one of 6 million this year he would get all of it instantly once the deal is signed despite the fact he would only play ~20 games.

Nevertheless he will be moved before July 1st im guessing.

Max Domi is our destiny. :(

Quincey is back in along with Smith and Babs pairs them up as a D-pairing... Well at least we won 2 games because that streak ain't continuing if that pairing is on the ice, both guys need to be with d-minded guys, not each other. Put one with Ericsson and the other with Huskins (or Lashoff or Kindl), but nope, common sense doesn't apply on this issue apparently.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh man, after being out, what, 7 months? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Well, looks like it's back to the drawing board, only this time without Malhotra (probably). Someone please take Luongo already :(

Smiley90

You've heard me talk on NHL and you thought I was in my 40s?

I don't even know how to play chess. :p

.... Who in here doesn't know how to play Chess? I always assumed knowing chess was some sort of general knowledge, like knowing a second lang-oh.

Smiley90

Kesler has a broken foot? Fuck.

Gillis better be making some calls.

Reading up on it, apparently he broke it during the Dallas game and played the last 3 games with a broken foot, as it was just discovered today.

Wat. Playing 3 games with a broken foot means it can't be THAT bad.... Or Kesler feels no pain.

Reading up on it, apparently he broke it during the Dallas game and played the last 3 games with a broken foot, as it was just discovered today.

Wat. Playing 3 games with a broken foot means it can't be THAT bad.... Or Kesler feels no pain.

Maybe he wasn't diving then.

mind-blown.gif

Top Bottom