• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I'm 80% sure it is.

Edit: ^^ There we go

Save it. I don't care. I'm not watching another game this season. That's a promise. If they even make the playoffs they won't make it past the first round.

Chris R

Hnnnnng what a goal!

edit: oh well, nice win for the Sharks and not so terrible play from the Avs. Can't keep giving up points though if any dream of the playoffs is to remain.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks win!

ihBbHhHawRURn.gif

Wow. Looks like everything ive been saying all along has been right. I knew they would fuck this up. I knew it. Fuck it. Schneider/Luongo all the way down to the top 6 they look like shit. They'll lose on Saturday too. I hope they do to be honest. I hope they somehow miss the playoffs. They'll just get embarrased there anyway. Worthless, gutless, nothings. all of them.

This is exactly how I felt when the Hawks lost that one time

All we do is lose lose lose no matter what
Got draft on my mind, we can never get enough
Picks, and every time they bust
Everybody hands go up

So much for the Canucks' vaunted defense depth. Bieksa goes down and they're suddenly all in disarray. Edler is good for one defensive hiccup per game period, Garrison is trash, and Ballard and Tanev seem to only play well together.

At least the Sedins are picking it up again after a slow start, but the rest of the team's gone cold. I love Schroeder, but he's out of place as a third-line centre on a Cup contender. Kesler's not 100% yet but he needs to be to carry that second line, because Hansen and Higgins aren't getting it done. Kassian has been invisible when he isn't coughing up the puck in his own end. Booth shouldn't be on the third line but he plays like he belongs there.

Luongo and Schneider have been okay, and the team simply isn't playing well enough to win when they're okay.

As a counterpoint, it's not all doom and gloom. The Canucks are good enough to win every game, plus they have those NW division games to look forward to. They have a good chance of getting the third seed, but I don't see them advancing past the first round at this rate.

CCF23

So much for the Canucks' vaunted defense depth. Bieksa goes down and they're suddenly all in disarray. Edler is good for one defensive hiccup per game period, Garrison is trash, and Ballard and Tanev seem to only play well together.

At least the Sedins are picking it up again after a slow start, but the rest of the team's gone cold. I love Schroeder, but he's out of place as a third-line centre on a Cup contender. Kesler's not 100% yet but he needs to be to carry that second line, because Hansen and Higgins aren't getting it done. Kassian has been invisible when he isn't coughing up the puck in his own end. Booth shouldn't be on the third line but he plays like he belongs there.

Luongo and Schneider have been okay, and the team simply isn't playing well enough to win when they're okay.

As a counterpoint, it's not all doom and gloom. The Canucks are good enough to win every game, plus they have those NW division games to look forward to. They have a good chance of getting the third seed, but I don't see them advancing past the first round at this rate.

I thought Garrison was decent tonight. I also think Tanev is good no matter who he's with.

Acid08

Banned
So I'm watching TMNT 2 right now. Haven't seen these movies in around 8 or 9 years. Holy fuck the Turtles' brah personality is amazing and fucking horrible at the same time. Raph especially.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
FUCK Pittsburgh.

Fuck Adams. Fuck Vokun. Fuck Orpik.

Dirty cheap assholes tonight that completely deserved the beating they received. How the hell Kopecky gets 4 minutes for getting crosschecked from behind after scoring a clean goal and then getting blatantly punched in the head while he's still down on the ice is beyond me. Hat trick is badass redemption though.

FUCK Pittsburgh.

Dirty cheap assholes tonight that completely deserved the beating they received. How the hell Kopecky gets 4 minutes for getting crosschecked from behind after scoring a clean goal and then getting blatantly punched in the head while he's still down on the ice is beyond me. Hat trick is badass redemption though.

pens are bettman's babies. You shouldn't be surprised.

Solo

Heh when is the last time a Canadian NHL team landed a top UFA in their prime ?

No hockey player wants to hand out half their paycheck to the CRA.

Honestly struggling to think of who it could be.

EDIT: D'oh! It's obviously Cammy to the Habs in 2009. 27 years old and coming off a 40 goal season.

Solo

Rangers fans asking for Torts head.

Honestly.....I don't know how dude keeps a job. His caustic style, temper tantrums and the way he throws his players under the bus......that shit might work short term, but there is no way he doesn't lose his players after a few years of this shit.

He wouldn't like coming back? Well I remember from this very thread and from many other Habs fan reactions that people wanted Ryder out of Montreal after 07-08 because he didn't perform to his 60 pt standard the year prior. But that is what I remember .. maybe the notion is different now. Even saw some reactions earlier today of "RYDER NOOOOO" (From habs fans) from a few comments on stories. The guy is great. Hope he does well up there for you guys like he did in the past :)

I'm shocked Cole had a NTC and waived it.

You remember correctly. I was one of them wanting him gone (I also think only myself and Razorskin are the only remaining Habs GAF members who were here back then in 2008), but that was then and this is now.

As for Cole, it appears he wanted to be closer to his family and thus waived his NTC.

FUCK Pittsburgh.

Don't forget Orpik's groin shot on Huberdeau after Campbell's goal. Would they call it? Naw

Kopy's hatty is great. Great to see him rewarded. He's been one of the few this season who gives it his all every shift. He's also the most versatile player on this team, center, grinder, pk, pp. Kopy has done it all this season.

Flash's 100th goal was a beauty too, ripped it. The puck bounced off of 3 bars in the net.

Campbell had great fire last night, his performance was astounding. Haven't seen him that poised and agressive in on the PP since opening night and when he is on, our PP is God-tier.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly struggling to think of who it could be.

EDIT: D'oh! It's obviously Cammy to the Habs in 2009. 27 years old and coming off a 40 goal season.
I'd argue Pronger to Edm for 4 mil?

Could also throw Mogilny in there...?

Taxes are just lower down there overall, the weather is generally nicer, and the media generally isn't a circus.

Trades are a different story with Luongo, Chara, and and Heatley coming up here.

Curufinwe

FUCK Pittsburgh.

Who punched him? That's usually Malkin's move but I know he wasn't playing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Honestly.....I don't know how dude keeps a job. His caustic style, temper tantrums and the way he throws his players under the bus......that shit might work short term, but there is no way he doesn't lose his players after a few years of this shit.

He won a Stanley Cup and for the most part his teams are usually high in the standings. A season like this if they just squeak in and get eliminated first round or don't make the playoffs will sink him. Especially with Lindy Ruff sitting around.

But more importantly...

Salty morning to all of Habs-GAF and Leafs-GAF. I want you boys holding back as much salt as possible for today until gametime. I want us at our best for tonight.

MPW

too busy with barca/madrid yesterday (madrid won!)

so we trade someone who is older with 2 more years of 4.5m for an expiring contract of a younger player and a draft pick??

thanks bob gainey!

Being in Darryl Sutter's doghouse is not the same as being finished. He should be a decent Read replacement for the next two months.

The way Read has been playing I don't know if Gagne will be able to do quite THAT, but yeah he can play top 6 minutes still I think.

And who cares how good he is!?!? It's Gagne!

MacAttack

Same thing with Cole, look how many of us complained about him this season, asking for him to sit in the pressbox. When players don't live up to previous their previous year, fans become hostile.

Ryder has been great since leaving Montreal, and hopefully he continues to play that well. Hopefully Cole is good for you guys, but his heart didn't seem to be in it this year.

Ryder had one great season and one great post-season in three years with Boston, the rest of the time he was an underachiever and people were calling for him to get benched.

Top Bottom