• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Being in Darryl Sutter's doghouse is not the same as being finished. He should be a decent Read replacement for the next two months.

I hope you are right about him just being in the doghouse. I just saw he wasnt playing and figured age/injuries had caught up to him. Reed has been so good, I dont see how they can replace that, but hopefully Gagne can give them some good minutes.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I totally forgot about the Grabovski biting incident until TSN reminded me a zillion times, and I'm sure they'll remind me some more leading up to the game.

McDonald is probably out for a quite a bit. Bad knee injury. Steen has some sort of sore wrist/hand/shoulder. Tarasenko still out, no news since "feeling better, no practice yet".

Bodes well for Thursday.

Doug Armstrong has been to the Jets last 4 road games scouting. Rumors that we're looking at Hainsey (too much $) and Burmistrov. Need a Center and a LD long term, but if all 3 of the above are out long term...

Cake Boss

Banned
Mark Stone and Michalek finally skating again.

iTzNH8awdyHiY.gif

belvedere

Junior Butler
McDonald is probably out for a quite a bit. Bad knee injury. Steen has some sort of sore wrist/hand/shoulder. Tarasenko still out, no news since "feeling better, no practice yet".

Bodes well for Thursday.

Doug Armstrong has been to the Jets last 4 road games scouting. Rumors that we're looking at Hainsey (too much $) and Burmistrov. Need a Center and a LD long term, but if all 3 of the above are out long term...

Thought he was closely watching the Flyers, too? Also, was there a curse I missed?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash, McDonagh, Del Zotto on the ice today. Mashinter reassigned to the Whale. They wouldn't send him down unless we were getting forwards back, so it sure seems like Nash is returning tomorrow night.

Solo

Why would Gallagher give up his number? Ryder most likely won't even be here next year, and Gallagher will be a Hab for the next decade. It would be stupid for him to give it up unless it's not the number he wanted anyways.

Veteran. Rookie. Simple equation. Most young guys will do it out of respect/not wanting to come off as a primadonna. Kind of like Gally sticking with the #27 they gave him.

Besides, I can see Bergevin re-signing Ryder to a 1 or 2 year deal provided things work out like we hope they will.

Ahem.

Montreal Canadiens said:
Ryder will wear No.73 with the Canadiens and Brendan Gallagher will switch to No.11, the number he wore with the Vancouver Giants in Junior.

Curufinwe

Gagne got his #12 back from Harry Z.

Flyers too I guess. Briere is the rumor, but he doesn't seem interested in waiving his NTC and I'm okay with that.

It's the Colaiacovo Curse.

I think/hope he will for certain teams. He was OK with playing in Germany during the lockout, so moving to Boston or St Louis temporarily doesn't seem like it should be impossible.

If he doesn't get traded the Flyers will probably buy him out for the cap space this summer, so he'll be playing somewhere else eventually.

Heretic

What's going to happen when Koivu returns? :lol

If Koivu wanted to return to Montreal it wouldn't have happened last season. He was UFA and wanted to stay in Anaheim. He even took a "smaller role" with the team. Funny that his line is just as good, if not better, than our top line.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If Koivu wanted to return to Montreal it wouldn't have happened last season. He was UFA and wanted to stay in Anaheim. He even took a "smaller role" with the team. Funny that his line is just as good, if not better, than our top line.

Teemu+Weather>His real home ;)

Cake Boss

Banned
Chris Kreider ATOI 10:22, 2point in 11 games

]2013/02/16 Recalled from Connecticut (AHL).
2013/02/15 Assigned to Connecticut (AHL).
2013/02/05 Missed 4 games (ankle injury).
2013/01/26 Ankle injury, injured reserve.
2013/01/10 Recalled from Connecticut (AHL).

That is some Islanders (Nino) level of development there Tortsy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Salty morning to all of Habs-GAF and Leafs-GAF. I want you boys holding back as much salt as possible for today until gametime. I want us at our best for tonight.
Dunno if I'll be able to watch the game live :( have some plans that might get shifted, I'll probably end up watching the replay tomorrow....

Doesn't make it any less stupid, let Gallagher keep it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno if I'll be able to watch the game live :( have some plans that might get shifted, I'll probably end up watching the replay tomorrow....

Doesn't make it any less stupid, let Gallagher keep it.

Yeah, I'm probably going to miss the 3rd period as well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That is some Islanders (Nino) level of development there Tortsy.

Torts' handling of Kreider has been HORRENDOUS. He also benches him the second he fucks up in any way. He only played 4 minutes last night because Torts benched him for basically the entire rest of the game after taking a penalty in the first period. This being with a team already depleted by injuries. I think he played one more shift after that, and that might have been just a result of him coming out of the penalty box. He's never given a chance to play his game, to get a feel for the flow of the game. He's constantly being forced to play tight and conservative because he knows a misstep will put him either on the bench or back in Hartford. Which, of course, causes him to screw up.

And all this is because Torts really really really wanted to put Kreider through a full camp and doesn't feel like he can trust him to play without doing so. Which then begs the question of why is he even here? If you're going to fuck him over in the NHL right now, why not just let him skate and get good ice time in the AHL?

Red_Man

Must be awkward for Kessel when Bozak brings chicks home and he's just sitting there watching Seasons of DBZ.

Solo

Sorry Leafs-GAF, but I have it on good authority that you're getting your boxes stretched tonight, and by a newfie no less! Not gonna catch the Midnight Ryder!

Red_Man

I believe he did!

Question for Habs-Gaf:

Does last season still resonate with you guys? As good as the Ducks are doing, I can't help but be pessimistic about every game...
Habs severely underachieved last year due to huge injuries, and terrible management. It's why last year was so frustrating, but having competent management has brought the compete that this team is capable of. I don't expect them to maintain 1st, but I feel they're a 4-6 place team barring any huge injuries. The only time I get flashbacks to last season are the blown leads, which the Habs still have to work on, but that's part of the culture change and team mentality difference.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
McDonagh hopes to be back tomorrow. It looks like Nash is going to be back tomorrow. Del Zotto will "see how he feels tomorrow."

Entirely possible that all three will be returning at once, which would basically put us back to full strength minus Asham, who is a far less consequential loss, especially with Powe back and looking good.

Red_Man

Forgot Gallagher was #11 on the Giants, and Gomez had it when he came here. He's probably happier now anyways.

Top Bottom