• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

We play punk so 57's do the job nicely. I'm actually going to record vocals with the SM7b the next chance I get at school, I think it would do the whole yelling thing nicely. We have a U87 and I might just try it as well, but I don't know if that will be the right mic for what the situation calls for (despite how sexy it is)

Oh shit, if you're playing punk all bets are off. Treat a vocal the same way you treat an amp!

A U87! That's a lot of mic! That's right up there with a c12.

Curufinwe

The refs make me hate the sport sometimes. Rinaldo gets called for boarding when he barely touches the other player, then all four officials somehow miss an elbow to the head that leaves Simmond's bleeding on the ice. Fucking disgraceful.

Socreges

Banned
America doesn't give free post-secondary education to Indigenous Americans? Huh. Always assumed it was the same

Watching commercials and listening to these announcers for regional broadcasts is pretty funny. Lots of ridiculous accents.

With the compressed schedule and games on three networks, I can't complain too much.
Once I'm cut off I'll just have access to Canucks games and whatever TSN broadcasts. Plus the occasional national game on NBC. Enjoying this while it lasts.

EdmondD

Oh we have plenty more:

- 41 YEARS EVEN WITH GRETZKY LOL
- Shit fans + not even your own market knows who you are
- Sponsored by a Bail Bonds company
- Shit TV announcers
- They currently suck
- Sucked until they got Richards/Carter
- Doughty is a subpar $7m defenceman

It's just easy to say "Queens".

Stop making sense damn it! Bob Miller is a legend though. Fuck Jim Fox.

I would hope that nothing around here gets taken personally? Well some things should be but unless you're FortunateSon or Tabris then there's usually some jest. I picked up what you were putting down in your last post?

It's all good. I probably won't be here to bring the salt on Saturday though I'm probably going to watch UFC.

It's all good. I probably won't be here to bring the salt on Saturday though I'm probably going to watch UFC.

YEAH TYPICAL FUCKING FAIRWEATHER "KINGS FAN". I guess I shouldn't be surprised that someone from LA would rather go watch blatant violence instead though.

zxqzC9S.jpg

MacAttack

Once I'm cut off I'll just have access to Canucks games and whatever TSN broadcasts. Plus the occasional national game on NBC. Enjoying this while it lasts.

No NHL Network for you guys? They have a game on most nights and after the game they usually do "live look-ins" of the other games going on.

NBC has a game on Sunday.

NBCS has a game Wednesday nights.

And of course NESN has all the B's games.

They've been calling that interference call all year thus far boys. Whine fucking whine, we've gotten the short stick of it as well.

Socreges

Banned
No NHL Network for you guys? They have a game on most nights and after the game they usually do "live look-ins" of the other games going on.

NBC has a game on Sunday.

NBCS has a game Wednesday nights.

And of course NESN has all the B's games.
We do get NHL Network, but you'd need the right sports bundle. A bundle that I believe I actually have. Thanks for reminding me.

Centre Ice has been sweet, though. Access to every single game. A first for me.

EdmondD

YEAH TYPICAL FUCKING FAIRWEATHER "KINGS FAN". I guess I shouldn't be surprised that someone from LA would rather go watch blatant violence instead though.
I'm still going to watch the game you prick! It's called changing the channel dumb ass. You don't like watching half naked muscled men wrestle each other?

MacAttack

We do get NHL Network, but you'd need the right sports bundle. A bundle that I believe I actually have. Thanks for reminding me.

Centre Ice has been sweet, though. Access to every single game. A first for me.

Center Ice was awesome, I was sad to see it go but not sad enough to dish out 50 bucks.

CCF23

I've been on the Canucks STH waiting list with a friend for awhile (actually bought in with him and another friend of his), and today they sent an email out to waiting list members that they were releasing 5 and 10 game packs on a first come, first serve basis, and those that bought would get "A guaranteed renewal opportunity for the 2013.14 season".

We're innnnnnnnn mothafuckaaaaaaaaaaas. We were at least another 5 years away waiting to get to the front of the line. Now we'll get an ice pack guaranteed. Woooooooooo. Pretty happy.

Oh shit, if you're playing punk all bets are off. Treat a vocal the same way you treat an amp!

A U87! That's a lot of mic! That's right up there with a c12.

Haha word, it's precious as hell and I would love to yell into it and see how it sounds. But I'm feeling the SM7b will get the job done

I'm still going to watch the game you prick! It's called changing the channel dumb ass. You don't like watching half naked muscled men wrestle each other?

NO I'd prefer they were FULLY NAKED and at least slightly oiled up and there was a crocodile or two thrown in there.

*turns on heels and sharply exits the room*

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Center Ice is worth the $50 if you have a 360, completely removes any need for cable and the app is slick as hell. The streaming is getting better too now that the free trials are over.

Erdrick

Every Jets Penalty and Goal against, I am drinking a beer. Cake Bossed for sure at the end of this horror of a game.

We are making it so easy for Tampa, and I'm oretty sure coach Noel is going to murder (Or has already) some of the players before the night is done. Pavelec has played poor, and we have no defence with such stupid foolish penalties that we are taking... The current result is to be expected. I can't even bitch about Tampa. They are just going through the motions, since we are basically leaving the net open for them to load up on points.

I would not be shocked to see Montoya in net at the start of the 2nd.

Top Bottom