• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Best part is calling a troll/virgin like Red Man a "respected member of the GAF community."

:lol
Really hit you in a sensitive spot by calling your efforts to keep your Gaf dream alive outside your bans shitty eh man? At least you can create threads dedicated to Eller there, so you have that going for you.

TUSR

Banned
Cube444 is a straight up troll. Don't feed him.

Every time I watch coaches corner, I realize how accurate Don Quick is.

cube444

Really hit you in a sensitive spot by calling your efforts to keep your Gaf dream alive outside your bans shitty eh man? At least you can create threads dedicated to Eller there, so you have that going for you.

Just sticking up for my buddy Manics man. You live in Toronto? Come meet us if you do.

Last two times I got banned was because of corrupt mods. They let you criticize gaming industry "celebrities" up until the point where they actually post on GAF. Then you get banned because god forbid we say negative things to the important people. Us lesser beings need to know our place when speaking to the likes of Cliffy B.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Last time i got banned was because 3 days in a row a new thread popped up about a new "offensive halloween costume". Like big outrage threads about someone dressed as a bombing victim or in blackface or something. Of course the idiots in costume were dumb, but a new thread every day was obnoxious, since they were basically all the same thread but with a new pic in the OP.

So by the third thread, I had posted in two of them that we don't need a new offensive halloween costume thread every day and the content of the two were the same kind of "what an idiot" "asshole" and "ignorant shithead" comments. Like cut and paste, same reaction shitposts for pages and pages, and now three separate threads. I expressed my frustration twice and was banned for "thread whining". I made comments about how making yet another new thread in which everyone looks down their nose and condemns the cries for attention is just giving the dumbass in the costume the attention they wanted. During my week long ban, two more threads about offensive halloween costumes were created. Guess what the majority of the posts in the threads were?

I rarely post on OT anymore, and have realized that criticizing Gaf, even when constructive, only yields frustrating results. NHL-Gaf is the only place I feel I can safely post anymore without fear of undeserved retribution.

Heretic

Last two times I got banned was because of corrupt mods. They let you criticize gaming industry "celebrities" up until the point where they actually post on GAF. Then you get banned because god forbid we say negative things to the important people. Us lesser beings need to know our place when speaking to the likes of Cliffy B.

Never mind the TOS, right?

I'd wager that all of the posts they "let" you talk shit in largely go unnoticed, but if you're foolish enough to do that in a thread that is going to get a ton of mod attention, like say when a well known developer is posting, that's on you.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Gotta watch what you type it's so PC, almost as soft as Karlsson's defensive coverage.

I'll be sticking to NHL and Fit GAF.

The recurring theme is "I don't post in X anymore" and that's pretty much where I'm at. NHL-GAF, a few other community threads / less popular TV threads. GAF is just a news source outside of that for me now.

Dunno if 'corrupt' mods is the correct term, it's not like they're getting paid under the table or anything like that. Unless they're trying really REALLY hard to get in with some D-list gaming media celebrity.

They can be 'terrible' or 'make mistakes' though.

Cliffy B is the only hip-hop artist who has something to say though.

Samyy

Good guy Jake Gardiner spending time with the kids and going to special camps and stuff.
Now theres a good Canadian kid I tell ya what.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
We got a Panera Bread in Ottawa finally. No more going to the US or Toronto to get my fix.

Almost as good as Canada winning today.
Creamy tomato soup, extra croutons.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kessel better save some goals for the NHL...

This is actually one of my concerns...I don't expect him or JvR to get back to the level they were at as soon as they get back. It might be a week or two before they're up to speed again. Hopefully, Bolland can come back and give us a small boost.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hell yeah boys and girls, ya boy got the job.
GINrhpD.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
GINrhpD.gif

Another movie studio / are you allowed to say which one? Congrats regardless.

Not quite, software development project manager job. I'll give more details once I actually start, waiting for the background check to finish.

10 months? Man that's gotta hurt. Big hearty and relieving congratulations to you!

My unemployment ran out over a month ago, and even that was barely half of what I was making before the layoff. My wife's income is a lot lower than what I used to make, but that, the unemployment, our savings, and the strategic use of credit cards we managed to tread water.

This is what I posted in the NFL thread when I first got word:

After 10 and a half months since getting laid off, dozens of applications, over 30 interviews, and a few near misses where I made the final 2 or 3 candidates but they ended up going with someone else, I've finally gotten a job offer.

alZuaVJ.gif

Top Bottom