• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Marty wouldn't wave his no-move to go to a non-playoff team.
Hh5P2gk.gif

Insider trading said there was a possibility of Miller to St Louis, Jake Allen to Buffalo, and then Halak to Minnesota

I don't know what I should think.

Isn't he bad?

Jake Allen isn't going anywhere. He's the future we bet on when we traded Bishop.

There's simply no way that any team but STL is seriously interested in Miller. Wild can't be thinking the rental is worth anything this year being a fringe playoff team. It's a terrible usage of assets.

Socreges

Banned
I think Zero just burned... Dubbed? No Canucks fan would want MSL at this stage. We're so far away from being competitive. He'd just be an accessory to a tank.

Curufinwe

On the Flyers board some people want to trade Read or Read+ for him. I'd rather not considering our defense is not good enough for any kind of meaningful playoff run no matter who's up front. And he'll be 39 soon.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Barring a crazy can't pass up deal I think Kulemin might be the only guy on the Leafs roster they may move. But I even doubt that.

Acid08

Banned
Hradek is saying that Boyle in potentially available but thinks he'll stay in SJ. Haven't heard this from anyone else so I don't know how inclined I am to believe it.

Curufinwe

Carolina lose. Thanks Buffalo.

Hradek is saying that Boyle in potentially available but thinks he'll stay in SJ. Haven't heard this from anyone else so I don't know how inclined I am to believe it.

It seems insane to me for San Jose to trade Boyle for picks or prospects when they are trying to win a Cup this year.

Jake Allen isn't going anywhere. He's the future we bet on when we traded Bishop.

There's simply no way that any team but STL is seriously interested in Miller. Wild can't be thinking the rental is worth anything this year being a fringe playoff team. It's a terrible usage of assets.

I agree on Miller and the Blues but when Dreger mentioned the three way I was really caught off guard.

If the Wild could nab Halak for a 3rd rounder I would be very pleased. Can't just ride Kuemper for the rest of the season.

I agree on Miller and the Blues but when Dreger mentioned the three way I was really caught off guard.

If the Wild could nab Halak for a 3rd rounder I would be very pleased. Can't just ride Kuemper for the rest of the season.

We'd be betting everything on Miller resigning without Allen. Otherwise we have pretty much zero goaltending futures outside of Binnington.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"More than 15 million watched some portion of last Sunday’s game, in which Canada defeated Sweden 3-0 to win its second consecutive gold medal. CBC reported an average television audience of 8.5 million.

Citing data from the BBM Canada rating service, CBC said that from 7:10 a.m. to 9:19 a.m. (EST) last Sunday, approximately 90 per cent of the national viewing audience was tuned in to the gold-medal game.] In the Vancouver/Victoria and Calgary/Edmonton local markets, 97 per cent of the available viewing audience was tuned in to the game."

CANADA WOO

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If you were awake you were watching the game. That's what those stats say.

That and nearly half of Canada got up sometime 4am (start of game on west coast) and 9am (close to the end of the game at the east coast) on a Sunday to watch the game. More than half if you discount the really young&really old, probably.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
If you were awake you were watching the game. That's what those stats say.

Hell, I was asleep and still had the game on. I managed to wake up just long enough to get the stream working on my phone before I fell asleep again. Ended up missing most of it as I drifted in and out. The only goal I managed to catch was Kunitz'.

TV in the living room also had the game on for the crazy people morning people in the house.

Vman

What are you talking about we have John Curry now!!! loooool

Socreges

Banned
We ain't moving Kes.
I wish they would. He's 29 and on the decline. And he'd get an excellent return.

But no, they won't move him. Edler is the only major piece they'd move and I'm afraid it'd be for another veteran. This organization is a long ways away from facing reality.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they would. He's 29 and on the decline. And he'd get an excellent return.

But no, they won't move him. Edler is the only major piece they'd move and I'm afraid it'd be for another veteran. This organization is a long ways away from facing reality.
At this point I would think you guys need some restocking unless there are more good prospects beyond Shin and Horvat?

Wings play today! Give me the strength to not shut the TV off in anger when they start sucking.

Oh wow we are screwed:

Team Leaders:
Goals - Zetterberg (16)
Assists - Zetterberg (32)
Points - Zetterberg (48)
+/- - Zetterberg (+19)
PIM - Quincey (66)
SOG - Zetterberg (151)

Guess who is injured for the rest of the season.... I guess Quincey will lead us to the promise land with his idiotic penalties though.

Agent Quincey does a damn fine job and his legacy will always be remembered as the one player who has ever played for the avs and the wings. He just mysteriously got worse when he came back to Detroit. Almost as if it were intentional.

Agent Quincey does a damn fine job and his legacy will always be remembered as the one player who has ever played for the avs and the wings. He just mysteriously got worse when he came back to Detroit. Almost as if it were intentional.

He was bad when he left, so not much really changed.

He played relatively well for the other two teams he's been on. I don't want him back but it is pretty strange.

I think when he left he had the potential and had shown some flashes of being good, but we were so deep on D that he got the short stick and was the odd man out.

We'd be betting everything on Miller resigning without Allen. Otherwise we have pretty much zero goaltending futures outside of Binnington.

Would you want the Blues to do that?

And I realize that getting Halak is not a possibility without you guys actually getting Miller so I know what I'll be hoping for in the next few days.

What are you talking about we have John Curry now!!! loooool

I mean it is a good signing to promote depth and all that...but if we actually have to call him up to be a backup during the final stretch(outside of the next week or so) and/or into the playoffs...come on Fletch.

ShaneB

"More than 15 million watched some portion of last Sunday’s game, in which Canada defeated Sweden 3-0 to win its second consecutive gold medal. CBC reported an average television audience of 8.5 million.

Citing data from the BBM Canada rating service, CBC said that from 7:10 a.m. to 9:19 a.m. (EST) last Sunday, approximately 90 per cent of the national viewing audience was tuned in to the gold-medal game.] In the Vancouver/Victoria and Calgary/Edmonton local markets, 97 per cent of the available viewing audience was tuned in to the game."

CANADA WOO

It's ratings like this that would make a case of one game NHL playoffs being a good things. I know it's blasphemy to say that, and I love 7 game series for sure, but when it's all about one game meaning everything, everyone wants to tune in to watch that game, and is generally the case for game 7s.

yyzjohn

Banned
Bolland wants $5M for 7-8 years according to Kypreos. It was a nice 15-18 games of Bolland as a Leaf, enjoy your future endeavors.

Top Bottom