• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

gaming_noob

Bolland wants $5M for 7-8 years according to Kypreos. It was a nice 15-18 games of Bolland as a Leaf, enjoy your future endeavors.

LOL... I'd easily give Bolland that contract if Clarkson hadn't signed last year. I have a gut feeling the Oilers might give him that.

Would you want the Blues to do that?

And I realize that getting Halak is not a possibility without you guys actually getting Miller so I know what I'll be hoping for in the next few days.

Moving Allen? Just don't see a situation where it makes sense.

I think a separate move for Halak after we aquire Miller is a possibility though. Otherwise we'd need Buffalo to take on his contract for cap reasons.

yyzjohn

Banned
That Clarkson money.

That's why I think the Leafs let him walk. Once bitten, twice shy. Nonis has learned his lesson that these long term deals can quickly blow up in his face with Clarkson playing like shit. I'd be more worried if Clarkson was ripping it up this year cause Nonis might be more inclined to do it again. No reason to make the same mistake twice.

zroid

Banned
I love the programming guide description of tonight's game:

"Detroit at Montreal. Detroit's cadre of Swedes seek another crack at Carey Price, whose 24-save shutout of Sweden on Sunday helped deliver Olympic gold for Canada. The Red Wings beat Montreal 4-1 on Jan. 25."

Who writes this stuff? lol

TUSR

Banned
I love the programming guide description of tonight's game:

"Detroit at Montreal. Detroit's cadre of Swedes seek another crack at Carey Price, whose 24-save shutout of Sweden on Sunday helped deliver Olympic gold for Canada. The Red Wings beat Montreal 4-1 on Jan. 25."

Who writes this stuff? lol

Someone stretching sport related writing?!

I wish they would. He's 29 and on the decline. And he'd get an excellent return.

But no, they won't move him. Edler is the only major piece they'd move and I'm afraid it'd be for another veteran. This organization is a long ways away from facing reality.

Kesler is similar to Callahan: lots of heart but injury prone. Except he's a centre, a Selke winner, and has a very good contract. I would trade him for a first, a young centre, and a roster player. But Gillis will ask for too much.

.....No
You aren't winning anything with your top 3 centres being Bozak - Kadri - Bolland for the next 5-8 years.

Kesler to Toronto.

Samyy

Kesler is similar to Callahan: lots of heart but injury prone. Except he's a centre, a Selke winner, and has a very good contract. I would trade him for a first, a young centre, and a roster player. But Gillis will ask for too much.

Kesler to Toronto.

We don't have any expendable assets you would want for Kesler tbh.

yyzjohn

Banned
Kesler is similar to Callahan: lots of heart but injury prone. Except he's a centre, a Selke winner, and has a very good contract. I would trade him for a first, a young centre, and a roster player

I'll be shocked if Kesler brings back anywhere near that type of return.

Merguson

Banned
Ondrej Pavelec to Montreal for literally whatever Marc Bergevin has in his pocket at the time [E5]

And the object in Bergevin's pocket is....

*fetches object from Bergevin's pocket*

P.K. Subban's contract!

Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of P.K. Subban!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Aggravated an injury, and has been playing through it most of the season. Time for Flanders to step up.

I would trade him for a first, a young centre, and a roster player. But Gillis will ask for too much.
Not sure if serious.

Ondrej Pavelec to Montreal for literally whatever Marc Bergevin has in his pocket at the time [E5]
Unless Pavelec has punched a guy in the face in the last 3 months, Bergevin isn't interested.

yyzjohn

Banned
Sure you can.

*dusts off Confederate jacket*

12-years-a-slave-trailer.jpg

Red_Man

St Louis addresses trade rumors with brief answer "I've had conversations with Steve about my future with the team and I'll leave it at that
You'd think at this point he would make it very clear if he was intending on not going anywhere.

calder

Was there a typo from TSN.ca? Trout signed a one year $1 Million contract??? He should fire his agent if true.

It's just a few extra bucks for him this spring training while they work out his actual extension, which should be epic.

He's still arbitration eligible I think, so it's just a way to push back that a bit while the team and his agent talk. It's a bit like an NHL team signing a RFA to a one year deal to get him into camp and practicing normally while they do an extension.

FAKE EDIT: ah, it also means they can start his long term deal in 2015 and therefor avoid the luxury tax for 2014.

Red_Man

Someone pointed out that that guy could be reporting on when St Louis asked for a trade last month, but he just posted it today, and I've seen the same thing posted today from another guy. With Marty not shooting the idea down, it seems like it's happened.

Top Bottom