• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Cake Boss

Banned
Potential fap material for Cake Boss: Phillips realistic about trade possibility

Rob-Ford-Celebration-GIF.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan Callahan's agent thinks his current asking price of around 7 years at $6.85m "is a discount."

Welp.

Elsewhere, the Rangers recalled JT Miller from Hartford.

Oh, and Cam Talbot is starting Thursday against the Blackhawks.

Acid08

Banned
Ryan Callahan's agent thinks his current asking price of around 7 years at $6.85m "is a discount."

Welp.

Elsewhere, the Rangers recalled JT Miller from Hartford.

Oh, and Cam Talbot is starting Thursday against the Blackhawks.
He really thinks he deserves similar money to players like Thornton and Kopitar? Fuck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Callahan's agent is going into every discussion using Clarkson has his only comparable.

Merguson

Banned
I'm betting on around $6 million annually for Callahan.

But not from the Rangers.

EDIT: The way salaries are increasing in the NHL. $8+ million for the star players.. and so forth.

Cake Boss

Banned
I can see crazy Mcphee giving him that.

Dreger says its a 99% chance he gets traded before the deadline now and they arent resigning him.

Red_Man

Dredger said Bolland is now looking for 5 million PLUS. What a joke, the fuck is going on with these forward contracts.....

Also just realized we play the Leafs on Saturday, nice.

calder

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres GM Tim Murray says Ryan Miller's first choice probably isn't to stay in Buffalo and more than two teams have inquired about goalie.
Hmmm...

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres GM Tim Murray says he has had contract discussions with interim coach Ted Nolan.
Makes sense.

Acid08

Banned
Dredger said Bolland is now looking for 5 million PLUS. What a joke, the fuck is going on with these forward contracts.....

Makes me really appreciate DW. Dude is actually really good with contracts.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Ya'll gon get this Kessel D.

And it will be awkward.

yyzjohn

Banned

Nonis has to let him walk. Keep him for the playoffs this year, if someone is stupid enough to give him that type of money in free agency so be it.

Hahaha the Leaf's destroyed the forward market with Clarkson's contract

It's a terrible contract but by no means singular as far as the NHL is concerned. Bolland's just wisely looking at how dreadful the FA market is this year. He's someone's 2nd C in the league, those guys make around 5m.

Red_Man

It's a terrible contract but by no means singular as far as the NHL is concerned. Bolland's just wisely looking at how dreadful the FA market is this year. He's someone's 2nd C in the league, those guys make around 5m.
Chicago has needed a 2nd line C for a while now, and somehow Bolland got beat out by Handzus.

Insider trading said there was a possibility of Miller to St Louis, Jake Allen to Buffalo, and then Halak to Minnesota

I don't know what I should think.

Isn't he bad?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Chicago wanted to trade him, but maybe he wanted too much and the Hawks were committed elsewhere (like re-signing Bickell).

I don't think they could fit him for 5 million either, but after all the shit he got from fans like Marvie who 'brought Kane down', I'm not sure they'd welcome him back.

edit: hmmm...watching The Leaf and I may have seen Raymond's wife and kid on the subway once. I was wondering, "who the fuck wears a Raymond jersey?!" Also got more of April/Shadowkat in the episode <3

edit2: favourite player is Colton Orr? Goddamn we got some dumbass fans...

ZeroGravity

Erik Erlendsson &#8207;@erlendssonTBO 45m
Interesting that Vancouver may be shopping Alex Edler, Canucks tried to move him at the draft, and TB was linked to those conversations
Acquire all the Vancouver D.

Marvie_3

Banned
Chicago has needed a 2nd line C for a while now, and somehow Bolland got beat out by Handzus.

I don't think Chicago wanted to trade him, but maybe he wanted too much and the Hawks were committed elsewhere (like re-signing Bickell).
Bolland didn't do anything as a 2nd line center and Shaw was outplaying him at 3C. Handzus isn't a better option at 2C, he just makes less and Quenneville has a boner for him. Injuries were catching up to Bolland and he wasn't worth his cap hit anymore.

Top Bottom