• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

I believe it was Nyquist, Smith, and a 1st was the rumor, but I'm not sure if that is correct. The other one being that the Nucks wanted 3 pieces and a 1st for him.

Who knows though, to be honest I'm glad we kept Nyquist and Smith is having a much better season (though still can be improved) than last year.

Apparently Gillis wanted to move up at the draft but once he dealt Schneider he wasn't pressured to make a move anymore.

I would've taken Nyqvist, Smith, and a 1st in a heartbeat. If Gillis was asking for more then he's an idiot, even without Edler's drop in play this year. Detroit's not Florida, though the Booth trade was a wash and the Ballard trade was a bust.

Now everyone knows the Canucks are in selling mode and they won't bite on whatever Gillis wants. We were pretty lucky to get Diaz.

Would Edler be worth a 1st and a roster player not named Cleary?

fallout

God I hope Spezza gets traded and returns to his NORMAL form so Cakeboss and Kernel see how stupid complaining about a guy having ONE bad season is.
To some degree, I get where they're coming from. They expect way more out of him and are identifying issues that have persisted for years.

That said, looking at it from the outside, it does come across as quite a bit of hyperbole. They're making it sound like a worthless sack of shit who shouldn't even be in the NHL. If things aren't working for him in Ottawa, I'm sure he could produce elsewhere.

Apparently Gillis wanted to move up at the draft but once he dealt Schneider he wasn't pressured to make a move anymore.

I would've taken Nyqvist, Smith, and a 1st in a heartbeat. If Gillis was asking for more then he's an idiot, even without Edler's drop in play this year. Detroit's not Florida, though the Booth trade was a wash and the Ballard trade was a bust.

Now everyone knows the Canucks are in selling mode and they won't bite on whatever Gillis wants. We were pretty lucky to get Diaz.

I would do a 1st and Quincey (you never said not named Quincey) :)

What is up with Edler this year, I thought he was really good?

So Team Canada, and I assume all other Olympians, will be staying in rooms like this

BfoRofRIQAEhSEe.jpg

How is Chara going to fit on a bed that size lol

Curufinwe

So is Schenn getting better? I always liked him, hope he can find his way. His first season in the league was so good :(

His first half of the season was very disappointing. He seemed to have gotten too big and top heavy in the offseason, which was not good for his skating and he clearly lost the coach's confidence. And even recently when paired with Meszaros he looked out of sorts. But now that he's back playing with Gustafsson he looks much better. They're the most solid pairing on the team at the moment.

Socreges

Banned
What is up with Edler this year, I thought he was really good?
Injuries. His back, especially. Doesn't move like he used to, doesn't shoot like he used to, doesn't hit like he used to. He's young enough that he might be able to recover and return to form. Definitely no more big hits, though.

pringles

DATSYUK BACK THURSDAY!!!!! HOPE!!!!!

Though he probably isn't actually ready to play... so hope -1.
YES!!! If that means Eaves/Andersson is scratched we're going to have a sick forward lineup.

We'd need to move salary so Quincey+Bertuzzi? We could throw in a mediocre prospect like Callahan or Ferraro to sweeten the deal. I'm not even a fan of Edler but we need help on D and he'd probably be good with a change of scenery. Holland needs to get the idea of Vanek out of this head and go 100% after Edler/Girardi or whatever else is available on D.

Samyy

His first half of the season was very disappointing. He seemed to have gotten too big and top heavy in the offseason, which was not good for his skating and he clearly lost the coach's confidence. And even recently when paired with Meszaros he looked out of sorts. But now that he's back playing with Gustafsson he looks much better. They're the most solid pairing on the team at the moment.

He did the exact same thing in Toronto, one year he was 210 and playing great, the next year he came in at 235 and was fucking horrible. No one ever told him to lose some weight either...

Sochi is already a disaster, these international sports organizations have to stop wasting their times with developing nations.
These countries need to be fucking spending their money to help develop their countries but nope lets fucking build stadiums and buildings we may never ever use again! Applies to Brazil too.

Merguson

Banned
He did the exact same thing in Toronto, one year he was 210 and playing great, the next year he came in at 235 and was fucking horrible. No one ever told him to lose some weight either...

Sochi is already a disaster, these international sports organizations have to stop wasting their times with developing nations.
These countries need to be fucking spending their money to help develop their countries but nope lets fucking build stadiums and buildings we may never ever use again! Applies to Brazil too.

http://deadspin.com/staying-in-sochi-is-a-hilarious-adventure-1515722114

I had a feeling it was going to be a disaster.

Injuries. His back, especially. Doesn't move like he used to, doesn't shoot like he used to, doesn't hit like he used to. He's young enough that he might be able to recover and return to form. Definitely no more big hits, though.

Explains it, he would be great for us if he could get back to being healthy. Thank you sir for that update.

YES!!! If that means Eaves/Andersson is scratched we're going to have a sick forward lineup.

We'd need to move salary so Quincey+Bertuzzi? We could throw in a mediocre prospect like Callahan or Ferraro to sweeten the deal. I'm not even a fan of Edler but we need help on D and he'd probably be good with a change of scenery. Holland needs to get the idea of Vanek out of this head and go 100% after Edler/Girardi or whatever else is available on D.

I would scratch Andy, Eaves has been playing good and has saved us in two shootouts so far. Also Holland will probably go after Gonchar or something, you know it to be true even though we don't want it to.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Reading that Russia thread, I wonder how many hockey players/athletes in general are gonna be sick for their competition. That picture of the water oh god.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
These Olympics are going to be awful and something bad is going to happen, you can feel it. How far in advance are the cities selected? Isn't it like 8 years?

Explains it, he would be great for us if he could get back to being healthy. Thank you sir for that update.

I would scratch Andy, Eaves has been playing good and has saved us in two shootouts so far. Also Holland will probably go after Gonchar or something, you know it to be true even though we don't want it to.

Sadly we've been waiting for Edler to hit his true potential for some time but injuries and inconsistent play have hampered his development. Could he still be a top pairing defenceman in this league? Maybe, but that window is closing as fast as the Canucks' Cup window.

Sadly we've been waiting for Edler to hit his true potential for some time but injuries and inconsistent play have hampered his development. Could he still be a top pairing defenceman in this league? Maybe, but that window is closing as fast as the Canucks' Cup window.

Well the Canuck's window is already closed sooo....

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dale Weise has more points then Bourque. So there's that. Not sure if that makes me want to cry or laugh. I have a feeling Beaulieu will score tonight.

I'd sure love to run a guy out of town who has 660 points in 662 games....
I thought Habs fans were hard on their players.

Red_Man

Jimmy Murphy said:
Had an NHL scout tell me that if Red Wings continue to slide and miss playoffs, Mike Babcock's job in serious danger. I disagree though.
Oh God yes. The things I would do to have Babcock in Montreal. Pretty sure he's one of the few Anglo coaches that would be allowed to coach there.

Oh God yes. The things I would do to have Babcock in Montreal. Pretty sure he's one of the few Anglo coaches that would be allowed to coach there.

Probably not, that French connection has to be there. If Bab's leaves will just promote Blashill from the Griffin's, who funny enough, sounds exactly like Babcock when he speaks and gives talks.

Red_Man

Probably not, that French connection has to be there.
What are you basing this on? Babcock is a proud McGill graduate, and one of the best coaches in modern hockey. The french media adores him, they wouldn't turn him down for a coaching job here. Babcock isn't just another coach.

pringles

That sounds like Kronwall a few years ago. Wouldn't give up on him. Or...I hope you guys do, so we can not give up on him instead.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wanna see the reaction of Montreal media when they ask him a question and he goes "I'm sorry could you repeat that in English"

What are you basing this on? Babcock is a proud McGill graduate, and one of the best coaches in modern hockey. The french media adores him, they wouldn't turn him down for a coaching job here. Babcock isn't just another coach.

I thought the whole thing was about speaking the language.

EDIT: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-says-speaking-french-very-important-1.998863

Bingo

I wanna see the reaction of Montreal media when they ask him a question and he goes "I'm sorry could you repeat that in English"

Bango, and this would be funny to see.

Red_Man

Red_Man

Why are leafs dressing orr and mclaren?

Did florida acquire goons while i was asleep?

Either way, cant wait to see them for a grand total of 2.5 minutes!

It is simply Carlyle's nature to make awful roster decisions.

This kind of thing does illustrate just what's so utterly bizarre about the guy. A game against Florida seems like the perfect opportunity to have your Abbotts, McKeggs etc gain NHL experience.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Secrets of Kessel’s success include unique stick and deceptive strength

It’s a word you won’t often hear associated with Phil Kessel, at least unless you ask his peers, who have seen him up close.

While the Toronto Maple Leafs star gets chided in the media for everything from his work ethic in practice to his non-athletic physique, his teammates insist Kessel is a unique specimen, someone blessed with not only the ability to shoot and skate but a strength uncommon for a player his size.

He is, they say, “powerful” – enough to belt a golf ball more than 350 yards, manhandle a leg press or blow away from them on the ice in practice.

And if that’s “out of shape,” they’d like to be signed up.

“Extremely powerful,” Leafs netminder James Reimer said of Kessel’s deceptive gifts. “It’s just sneaky, strong power. I don’t know what he does in the summer to work on it or if that’s just natural ability, but he’s got probably the strongest legs on the team.”

KESSSSSSSEEEELLLLLLLLL!

Top Bottom