• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Socreges

Banned
Finally saw the highlights. Some poor calls and unlucky bounces, but the Canucks still looked awful on a few of those goals. Luongo got zero help. Too bad this game'll be used by anyone looking for a Price #1 narrative.

Quick

Banned
Ed Snider is salty as fuck about Giroux getting passed over St. Louis. Also doesn't like that NHL players are participating in the Olympics.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished watching the Habs game. Pretty entertaining, based Price and Patches (except those botched penalty shots).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
aM0mtdy.gif

HE'S AVAILABLE EVERYONE, TAKE HIM AND GIVE US PROSPECTS PLZ

please

Also has this been posted yet?

#Isles have traded Peter Regin and Pierre-Marc Bouchard to Chicago for a 2014 4th-round pick.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Islanders aren't letting Visnovsky go to the Olympics, pretty bush league move. I don't know any other team preventing their guys from going.

Ed Snider is salty as fuck about Giroux getting passed over St. Louis. Also doesn't like that NHL players are participating in the Olympics.
From what I've read, it seems like most of NHL managers / GM's don't like their players going to the Olympics, and there's a pretty good chance that NHL players won't be going to the next one.

Okay.

Ummm.

Brooks Laich+1st
You have to save that 1st for when you package it with Kuznetsov for Miller.

Socreges

Banned
Islanders aren't letting Visnovsky go to the Olympics, pretty bush league move. I don't know any other team preventing their guys from going.
Visnovsky just returned from a 46-game absence due to a concussion. I kinda understand their decision. Probably made easier by the fact that he's played in four Olympics prior to this.

From what I've read, it seems like most of NHL managers / GM's don't like their players going to the Olympics, and there's a pretty good chance that NHL players won't be going to the next one.

That's what they said last time. They'll make a last minute agreement again. Fehr and the NHLPA will be on Bettman's ass to make sure.

Red_Man

Visnovsky just returned from a 46-game absence due to a concussion. I kinda understand their decision. Probably made easier by the fact that he's played in four Olympics prior to this.
I can understand why they don't want him to go, but straight up telling him he can't is a bit much.

The GM talk is worthless.

The owners talk is just to get the IOC to ensure 'access' and let the NHL use the Olympics for it's own nefarious purposes.

edit:

Crap. This Saturady the Canucks are going to kickstart their season off of Bozak's face. : (

Socreges

Banned
Crap. This Saturady the Canucks are going to kickstart their season off of Bozak's face. : (
Hmm?

On the one hand I think this is the most likely time for the Leafs to finally end that losing streak against the Canucks. On the other hand, if there's one team that the Canucks never fail to beat, regardless of circumstances, it's the Leafs.

Quick

Banned

Probably worried he'd just end up back in the KHL. :lol

I've thought about an Olympics without NHL players. It would be interesting to see Hockey Canada and USA Hockey try to piece together a team of nobodies. But then you have the European nations competing with players from the various European leagues (KHL, SHL/SEL, SM-Liiga, DEL, etc.) creating a huge gap in talent. It would be insane and mostly one-sided, barring miracles.

Socreges

Banned
Who is this idiot on That's Hockey 2 Night with Kouleas? Seriously nothing he's saying is corresponding to what's happening on the ice and a few times he's even completely contradicted himself

Red_Man

That's what they said last time. They'll make a last minute agreement again. Fehr and the NHLPA will be on Bettman's ass to make sure.

The GM talk is worthless.

The owners talk is just to get the IOC to ensure 'access' and let the NHL use the Olympics for it's own nefarious purposes.(

If there's a hockey World Cup implemented like is expected, then skipping out on the Olympics wouldn't be nearly as much as a big deal.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

Spot on.

Isles traded Regin and Pierre Marc Bouchard for Chicago's 4th round pick next year. I have no strong feelings on this one way or the other. Guess it frees up spots to give Strome and Donovan more NHL time after the Olympics

Quick

Banned
Who is this idiot on That's Hockey 2 Night with Kouleas? Seriously nothing he's saying is corresponding to what's happening on the ice and a few times he's even completely contradicted himself

I hate That's Hockey 2 Night, but it's the only thing to watch at midnight. It's best to watch on mute, really.

And I especially hate that he has someone that comments as he's going through highlights. Whoever he has (it's a rotation of people) ends up talking over another highlight about something from the previous one.

I'd probably hate it less if it wasn't essentially a bastard mix of That's Hockey with Gino Reda and Pardon The Interruption. I also hate Kouleas' enthusiasm. Probably goes through a brick of cocaine before every show.

Socreges

Banned
I hate That's Hockey 2 Night, but it's the only thing to watch at midnight. It's best to watch on mute, really.

And I especially hate that he has someone that comments as he's going through highlights. Whoever he has (it's a rotation of people) ends up talking over another highlight about something from the previous one.

I'd probably hate it less if it wasn't essentially a bastard mix of That's Hockey with Gino Reda and Pardon The Interruption. I also hate Kouleas' enthusiasm. Probably goes through a brick of cocaine before every show.
He called Steve Mason 'Mason Raymond' accidentally. Understandable slip-up. Then he called him Mason Raymond twice more. Drugs.

Socreges

Banned
So St. Louis is obviously gonna be the last forward. Has the 14th forward historically never seen the ice? I'd rather he play than Kunitz or Carter. I guess skaters aren't normally rotated as goalies are.

Fucking 1st line is Kunitz - Crosby - Carter. Hope that gets broken up fast.

Red_Man

I have a really difficult time seeing Carter last more then 1 or 2 games on the top line if they do stick him there.

I don't know what's going on with the guy behind Giroux, but someone should let him know his chin is melting off

edcee43c8fb711e385b00edb007c6042_8.jpg

Smiley90

"Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister responsible for the Olympic preparations, reflected the view held among many Russian officials that some Western visitors are deliberately trying to sabotage Sochi's big debut out of bias against Russia. "We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," he said. An aide then pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms. "We're doing a tour of the media center," the aide said."

WAIT, THERE ARE SURVEILLANCE VIDEOS OF THE SHOWERS IN HOTELS?

I just LOVE that the official response to "the showers are crap!" is "we have videos of you in the shower". Did nobody think that response through? :lol

Socreges

Banned
So is it safe to say that Bernier is 1A now?

So bernier, who has worse stats even when reimer had a concussion year where he played well below his average even though bernier was playing on a better team will suddenly become better than reimer and take his job?

Unlikely.
Save my post. I've watched both goalies play. Bernier just needs the opportunity to play regularly and not under anyone's shadow. Reimer will soon be riding pine.
BOOOOOOOOOOOM

IIRC, most other Leafs fans conceded that Bernier might end up being #1

Smiley90

So is it safe to say that Bernier is 1A now?

BOOOOOOOOOOOM

IIRC, most other Leafs fans conceded that Bernier might end up being #1

Wasn't basically everyone not a Leafs fan saying that Bernier was gonna be 1A once the trade was announced?

Socreges

Banned
Wasn't basically everyone not a Leafs fan saying that Bernier was gonna be 1A once the trade was announced?
I think a lot of people felt that Bernier could eventually take over from Reimer, sure. And Spectre, like others, thought Bernier would be #1 from October on.

Just quoting my own arrogant post because I Don Cherry'd that shit

Top Bottom