• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

calder

Canadian NHL-Gaffers:

Please explain to me why The Littlest Hobo is awesome.

Go!

Because every stop I make, I make a new friend. Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again...

We had a Littlest Hobo appreciation thread years and years back when OT was created. Like I said then, growing up in the middle of nowhere with 2 TV channels in the 70's meant that I literally believed that one day I would be walking around and meet London the dog and we would stop a robbery or save an old lady from a brush fire.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Montreal-Canadiens-too-many-men.png

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Because every stop I make, I make a new friend. Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again...

We had a Littlest Hobo appreciation thread years and years back when OT was created. Like I said then, growing up in the middle of nowhere with 2 TV channels in the 70's meant that I literally believed that one day I would be walking around and meet London the dog and we would stop a robbery or save an old lady from a brush fire.

haha, the good old days of have 2 channels, maybe 3 is the reception was good.

Jayhawk

It's fine to make edits to your pool team entry until Tuesday midnight. I'm contemplating changing a forward to like a Pavelski!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's fine to make edits to your pool team entry until Tuesday midnight. I'm contemplating changing a forward to like a Pavelski!

People just have to make sure not to make any edits to their posts after Tuesday in that case, even non-roster edits.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Have you thought about upping the amount of players involved, or adding goalies now that we're allowed choosing anyone, overlap included?

I wonder if there will be a lot of overlap with only 6 forwards and 3 defencemen. I'm fine with whatever amount.

Acid08

Banned
It's worse than the min spec requirements? Fuck dude.

Minimum:
Processor: 1.80GHz Processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Video card with 512MB of VRAM
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
I have an almost six year old laptop with Vista on it that's almost totally fried. It can't even run HL2.

Team Finland am cry.
IvyCn.gif

It's not like our roster was that deep in the first place. Two best players gone (aside from goalies)... Filppula having injury in second last game.. fuck this luck. Also according the media Bergenheim is not coming to fill either one as it seems he got little offended that he didn't got chosen in the first place... Well I guess anything can still happen as it's tournament where it's always sudden death in the games that matter...

Edit. Long time lurker lol.

Jayhawk

Have you thought about upping the amount of players involved, or adding goalies now that we're allowed choosing anyone, overlap included?

I wonder if there will be a lot of overlap with only 6 forwards and 3 defencemen. I'm fine with whatever amount.

I think there would be overlap, no matter the roster size. There's going to be so many players with 4-5 points, I think limiting our roster size so that the you HAVE to pick the players that get 7+ points instead of 4-5 is the key to winning.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finland has the best goaltending trio in the tournament, I'm not expecting them to get gold or silver, but I wouldn't be surprised if they caught a team off guard and knocked them out early on.

Jayhawk

People just have to make sure not to make any edits to their posts after Tuesday in that case, even non-roster edits.

I'll update the OP in the thread with the team entries that I will input into the site, so that edits after Tuesday won't affect things.

Finland has the best goaltending trio in the tournament, I'm not expecting them to get gold or silver, but I wouldn't be surprised if they caught a team off guard and knocked them out early on.

Well yeah. It's not like we ever have anywhere near the best roster in olympics and yet we have gotten most medals since NHL players have participated. Our strongest weapons are always great teamplay and everyone giving 110% on the ice. Of course then sometimes like in semifinal in Vancouver when the other team has better material and plays also very well we have hard time (dat first period against US...never again). Still bitter about Turin argh. We were the best team! Gold was so close.....

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think there would be overlap, no matter the roster size. There's going to be so many players with 4-5 points, I think limiting our roster size so that the you HAVE to pick the players that get 7+ points instead of 4-5 is the key to winning.

Yeah, I think the small roster is alright after making up my team. I think Team Canada's depth helps with the rosters. You could load up with any of of their four lines and still do well depending on how the matchups work.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone watch the opening ceremony today? I've been busy and didn't watch it but I want to know if it's worth checking out later.

Well yeah. It's not like we ever have anywhere near the best roster in olympics and yet we have gotten most medals since NHL players have participated. Our strongest weapons are always great teamplay and everyone giving 110% on the ice. Of course then sometimes like in semifinal in Vancouver when the other team has better material and plays also very well we have hard time (dat first period against US...never again). Still bitter about Turin argh. We were the best team! Gold was so close.....
Teams that have to depend on their system more then their players tend to be scarier. Look at how Russia got tossed around in Vancouver, even with all that star power they had too many guys playing their own game.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone watch the opening ceremony today? I've been busy and didn't watch it but I want to know if it's worth checking out later.

Teams that have to depend on their system more then their players tend to be scarier. Look at how Russia got tossed around in Vancouver, even with all that star power they had too many guys playing their own game.

I thought it was pretty decent, not the best but worth watching. Spoiler, they don't touch on Stalin or the war at all, :lol

Quick

Banned
Opening ceremony was fine for the most part. Had a technical difficulty early on with the Olympic logo. Snowflakes were morphing into the logo, one of them ended up stuck, looking like an asterisk. :lol

Well yeah. You never know what you get when you go against Russia lol. Most entertaining team to watch as the difference between good and bad day is so huge.

IvyCn.gif

It's not like our roster was that deep in the first place. Two best players gone (aside from goalies)... Filppula having injury in second last game.. fuck this luck. Also according the media Bergenheim is not coming to fill either one as it seems he got little offended that he didn't got chosen in the first place... Well I guess anything can still happen as it's tournament where it's always sudden death in the games that matter...

Edit. Long time lurker lol.
Bergenheim turned down the offer to use the break for rehab. 16 months and 4 abdominal surgeries, I think it's the right choice for him .

Top Bottom