• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Right now there's around 12 forwards that are all obvious picks. You expand the forward pool from 6 to higher, people are just going to pick the other obvious picks they don't have. People aren't going to go off the board and pick a random Czech player just because the roster size is expanded.

Maybe you won't, I might. :p Hossa had the second-most points last time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maybe you won't, I might. :p Hossa had the second-most points last time.
I wouldn't really call Hossa an off the board pick :lol

I just looked at all the teams, and no two teams have the same D core. It should be fine imo. This format gives little room for error.

Smiley90

I wouldn't really call Hossa an off the board pick :lol

I just looked at all the teams, and no two teams have the same D core. It should be fine imo. This format gives little room for error.

What? there's already four people with Weber/Karlsson/Keith

wsox
lamaroo
me
var

Then there's even more people that also have Karlsson/Keith.

And given that nobody has picked Hossa yet, I'd consider him an off-board pick. ;) You can't really risk picking someone from team you don't think will make at least the Semis since you can only pick so few players.

Red_Man

Not sure how I missed that :lol still if you expand then you guys will just add Doughty / Markov / etc and the people who don't have Weber will add him. I just think with the type of tournament this is, expanding the teams won't really make that much of a difference.

Jayhawk

If we picked the best team from 2010 with our scoring format of the pool, it would be:

-Demitra
-Hossa
-Parise
-Toews
-2 of Iginla/Crosby/Heatley/Getzlaf

-Rafalski
-2 of Weber/Boyle/Keith

Would team entries back then even include more than half of those guys? Niedermayer and Pronger were still the Dmen projected to log the most minutes for team Canada, so I'd think most teams would have at least one of them on defense. There are 0 players from Sweden, FInland, and Russia in this top group.

Red_Man

Would team entries back then even include more than half of those guys? Niedermayer and Pronger were still the Dmen projected to log the most minutes for team Canada, so I'd think most teams would have at least one of them on defense. There are 0 players from Sweden, FInland, and Russia in this top group.
This is pretty much my point, nobody is going to start picking random guys that will be on 4th lines by expanding the rosters. People will just continue pick the 1st line / 1st pairing guys. If Smiley or anyone else wants 4th liners being picked we should have done a snake draft, but that would be too difficult with the teams that are playing.

Jayhawk

For an example on what would happen in an 8-team snake draft with the same roster size, 80% of Canada's forwards are gone by the first four rounds. Carter and Marleau were the only Canadian forwards not taken after 4 rounds. This is currently what is taking place with my coworkers. I have Karlsson, Getzlaf, Datsyuk, and Parise so far (5th pick).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice shot from Richards. Are the Rangers still planning on using a buy out on him?

There's pretty much no choice but to buy him out. If he retires before, like, 40, we get hit with a cap recovery hit of over $20m. Team would be totally fucked. It would be like if we suddenly had Melnyk as an owner.

Red_Man

There's pretty much no choice but to buy him out. If he retires before, like, 40, we get hit with a cap recovery hit of over $20m. Team would be totally fucked. It would be like if we suddenly had Melnyk as an owner.
:lol that makes sense. Wonder who goes for him after he's bought out, I'd imagine he'd still be pretty attractive to some teams.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Isnt the cap $20 million from the floor lol

Smiley90

holy shit, that was the first shootout loss for the Pens in TWO YEARS

TWO GODDAMN YEARS

that's insane

Smiley90

I don't even wanna find out how many shootouts the Canucks have lost in the last 2 years.

Red_Man

Posting this from jail. If I win the Olympic fantasy pool, someone send a carrier pigeon.

Smiley90

It's at this point that I'll applaud the bubble for Razorskin still being unbanned :lol

Smiley90

Woooooo Chicago!

That didn't feel as bad as I thought it would feel, but I guess that's the Mike Smith cuntfactor

Red_Man

Saad ran right into him. Not intentionally (maybe) Knocked his helmet off. Fuck Mike Smith. Scum team
1285.gif

Top Bottom