• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

ZeroGravity

So Filppula is out for the Olympics after a Leafs player broke his ankle with a slash which there wasn't even a penalty called on. And also Ben Bishop may be experiencing concussion symptoms.

Fuck this season.

Samyy

So Filppula is out for the Olympics after a Leafs player broke his ankle with a slash which there wasn't even a penalty called on. And also Ben Bishop may be experiencing concussion symptoms.

Fuck this season.

:( I wanna see Tampa make the playoffs over Detroit!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Fuck this season.
Allowing Bishop to play so quickly after taking that knee to the head was pretty stupid.

Samyy

I want to see Toronto continue to not win a Stanley Cup for another 40+ years... Which will probably happen.

Jeez dude your team has been very good for like the last 20 years, let others have a turn for once.
YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE BAD SEASON YOU JUST HAVE TO DAMMIT!

manfestival

... And start shitting on your finger?
well... I don't even

Fuck this season.
imagine where everyone would be if we had a healthy team :(
:( I wanna see Tampa make the playoffs over Detroit!

me too

Samyy

Tyler Biggs scratched the freaking AHL
I don't wanna say "bust" or anything but..... at least Percy is doing well.

6 points in 38 games, goddammit Burke!

Spl1nter

Fuck this season.

He wasnt slashed in the ankle on that play. Clarkson stick was up around his hands. Probably was already injured.

Spl1nter

I could be wrong, I honestly didn't see it, that's just what I've read today. It was a really poorly officiated game so it wouldn't surprise me either way.

It looks really weird on replay. He just takes another step and falls. There should of been a penalty on the play anyway for a hook but nothing was really called in the game anyway.

Parch

Several olympic teams missing key players, but Canada's depth shows when they have to decide between Martin St. Louis and Claude Giroux as replacements. Schneider was butthurt that his Giroux wasn't selected, but apparently St. Louis was concensus and not just Yzerman's choice. They've had plenty of time to think about the replacement.

Gonna be a good tourney. Big pressure on Ovechkin after poor showing last olympics.

zedge

Because every stop I make, I make a new friend. Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again...

We had a Littlest Hobo appreciation thread years and years back when OT was created. Like I said then, growing up in the middle of nowhere with 2 TV channels in the 70's meant that I literally believed that one day I would be walking around and meet London the dog and we would stop a robbery or save an old lady from a brush fire.

Haha, holy blast from the past. :(

In NHL 14, I finally got around to finishing my first year in the CHL. I got drafted first overall by the Buffalo Sabres. Which might sound bad, but 2nd and 3rd were Calgary and Winnipeg, respectively. Peg wouldn't be all that bad but fuuuuuuck Calgary.

My first preseason game I played with Leino and Girgensens and I went 3+1.

Chyeaaaah.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
ku-xlarge.jpg

"There are no dressing rooms at the practice rink, so teams must walk (or be wheeled) back and forth from their dressing rooms at the two arenas. Things will be fine once the games begin, as there are enough dressing rooms for each men's and women's team to have their own dedicated room."

LOL

ku-xlarge.jpg

"There are no dressing rooms at the practice rink, so teams must walk (or be wheeled) back and forth from their dressing rooms at the two arenas. Things will be fine once the games begin, as there are enough dressing rooms for each men's and women's team to have their own dedicated room."

LOL

That Swiss girl walking on that concrete with skates on is not smart, unless she has something covering the blades but from I can see it doesn't look like it. However I doubt she would be that stupid.

Smiley90

That Swiss girl walking on that concrete with skates on is not smart, unless she has something covering the blades but from I can see it doesn't look like it. However I doubt she would be that stupid.

Pretty sure she has something covering her skates. Nobody is that stupid, especially not Olympic athletes.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
oh yay

leafs will celebrate the 50th anniversary of their 1964 cup win tomorrow

who wants to bet they won't recognize their 100th anniversary of the Toronto Blueshirts winning the stanley up in approximately one month? Blueshirts don't seem to exist to the Leafs, despite the fact the Toronto Arenas bought the Blueshirts for $5000 and they essentially migrated the entire team over.

Kind of bizarre as it's the first true 100th anniversary of a cup win... but if they were to celebrate it, then people would argue the fact that the Leafs were really founded in 1911 and not 1917 :p

Razorskin

----- ------
oh yay

leafs will celebrate the 50th anniversary of their 1964 cup win tomorrow

who wants to bet they won't recognize their 100th anniversary of the Toronto Blueshirts winning the stanley up in approximately one month? Blueshirts don't seem to exist to the Leafs, despite the fact the Toronto Arenas bought the Blueshirts for $5000 and they essentially migrated the entire team over.

Kind of bizarre as it's the first true 100th anniversary of a cup win... but if they were to celebrate it, then people would argue the fact that the Leafs were really founded in 1911 and not 1917 :p

50 years, not even Calder's that old.

Smiley90

NHL Revealed is on Sportsnet.

Bieksa messing with Kassian with brain teasers :lol :lol :lol

wasn't that on last week already?

But yes, that was great :lol

"I'm not even a baker, how am I supposed to know what a baker's dozen is" :lol

EDIT: emelin fined 5'000 USD for.... butt-ending Pelletier. this league is hilarious. it's like an apology for not calling a penalty on the play :lol

Quick

Banned
Yeah, it's a rerun. I missed last week's and yesterday's episode, so I'm catching up at least.

Also, fucking hell Brown needs to wrap that shit up. 4 kids, all under 5. No offense, but if I wanted a team of children, I'd space it out by a couple of years at least.

Red_Man

He passed all the concussion tests at the time. It may not even be a concussion, just speculation because the Lightning aren't saying what it is.
Lots of players have passed initial concussion protocols only to reaggrivate it shortly after. It's not just Tampa, most NHL teams continue to handle it poorly. If it's your teams mvp then I would use as much caution as possible.

Smiley90

I hope I PM'd everybody who expressed interest in joining the Olympic hockey pool and hasn't made a team entry in the thread yet.

Here is the thread for team entry submissions and more details. We managed to get a few others involved as well. Good luck, everyone! At least I have a reason to watch team Sweden games now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=765275

I feel like more players would be a better idea, no? Get some more variety in the picks. There's like 6 different defensemen picked among all teams.

Jayhawk

I feel like more players would be a better idea, no? Get some more variety in the picks. There's like 6 different defensemen picked among all teams.

I replied to your suggestion in the thread but here's a copy-paste:

Yeah, I'm not sure what a good roster size would be. There is going to be so many players with 3-5 points and only a few with 7-10 points. A smaller roster size means the winner has to pick most of those players in the top of the scoring race. A larger roster size would mean more variety, but I'm not sure if it's necessary. Feel free to suggest a roster size. I would have to PM everybody who has made a team entry if we change the size.

Red_Man

If we expand the roster size, rosters will look even more similar. Don't really see a point in expanding it, with the size of the rosters now it will come down to the 2-3 players that surprise people. The only real issue right now is everyone has similar D, but that's not going to change if you expand it to 6 D.

Smiley90

If we expand the roster size, rosters will look even more similar. Don't really see a point in expanding it, with the size of the rosters now it will come down to the 2-3 players that surprise people.

why would they look more similar? In a pool of 6 players you're much more likely to bet on "safe" performers, while with sth like 12 players you'll be more likely to include 1 or 2 undervalued players you count on breaking out.

Red_Man

why would they look more similar? In a pool of 6 players you're much more likely to bet on "safe" performers, while with sth like 12 players you'll be more likely to include 1 or 2 undervalued players you count on breaking out.
Right now there's around 12 forwards that are all obvious picks. You expand the forward pool from 6 to higher, people are just going to pick the other obvious picks they don't have. People aren't going to go off the board and pick a random Czech player just because the roster size is expanded.

Top Bottom