• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

calder

Eh but theres lots of people who probably don't post in here/know about this thread that'll watch the hockey games, could be worth it to make one.
Yeah there should be a separate Oly hockey thread IMO. Not just in the main Sochi thread, why fight through the noise of all the goofs pretending to give a shit about snowboarding scoring rules.

Socreges

Banned
BLOW IT UP

Luongo's strong face has been urinated on by Vancouver and he has been broken, like a boy.
Is this a reference to something or are you high

Luongo and Price will split the first two games. Luongo will play against Finland unless Price plays discernibly better. I'm sure that's their plan.

Japans D is fucking terrible.

Like, even for womens hockey and even for Japan.

I'm going to go try out for the Men's team Japan, wish me luck!

Well despite that stupid loss last night, we go into the break in 8th. Still need to play better and we need a good defenseman to help out our PP and rid ourselves of KQ.

Alright NHLGAF, need some help. I have a $100 dollar gift card for the NHL.com store but have no idea what to get. I have taken a look but am stumped. I thought they might have had Under Armour type shirts because I could use a few more but I didn't see any. A jersey might work but to be honest, I would probably only where the jersey when I am actually playing hockey. Not too sure about the t-shirts either as I would rather have more of a fitted T instead but they don't seem to have any of those. HELP!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Alright NHLGAF, need some help. I have a $100 dollar gift card for the NHL.com store but have no idea what to get. I have taken a look but am stumped. I thought they might have had Under Armour type shirts because I could use a few more but I didn't see any. A jersey might work but to be honest, I would probably only where the jersey when I am actually playing hockey. Not too sure about the t-shirts either as I would rather have more of a fitted T instead but they don't seem to have any of those. HELP!

Buy tattoo sleeves!

Cake Boss

Banned

Get some Red Wings branded Anti depressants....pick me up a pair too, fucking Snes.

Red Wings brand boxers
http://shop.nhl.com/Detroit_Red_Win...Red_Wings_Millennium_Plaid_Boxer_Shorts_-_Red

Red Wings branded hard hat
http://shop.nhl.com/Detroit_Red_Wings_Accessories/Detroit_Red_Wings_Red_Professional_Hard_Hat

Datsyuk face mask
http://shop.nhl.com/Detroit_Red_Wings_Accessories/Pavel_Datsyuk_Detroit_Red_Wings_Face_Mask

Copy of NHL 2K6 for PS2

http://shop.nhl.com/Detroit_Red_Wings_Accessories/2k_Sports_NHL_2K6_for_Playstation_2

Sadly I don't think they sell the team branded hammers anymore.

Cake Boss

Banned
BgDGEgEIUAAC_LT.jpg

# 1 Center Kyle Turris!!!!

Schmaltz really seems like he's turning a corner this year. Looking forward to him.

I missed this but yeah he was impressive. I didn't really focus on him enough to say whether or not he was the best defender on the ice(he was probably the best all around defender for the Sioux, not sure about the UNO guys), but he was definitely very noticeable in a good way. Physical buy not overly so, and decent enough at both offense and defense. Hopefully he sticks around for a few years and I imagine that he will since his brother is coming next year.

Big Mac is on pace for 45 goals and 34 assists with his play in the second half of this season as compared to the first half.

Sorry Dubbed. (I'm not sorry, he doesn't deserve to have his career end before it began in Florida.)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Big Mac is on pace for 45 goals and 34 assists with his play in the second half of this season as compared to the first half.

Sorry Dubbed. (I'm not sorry, he doesn't deserve to have his career end before it began in Florida.)

Watch out Ovi.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
bish went? That's great. How was it overall?

It was pretty awesome. The turnout was great (>20 people), which was surprising... but I guess given that VancouverGAF meetups never happen, people decided to actually come. It started thinning out as the game went into the third period/once the game was over, to the point where it was 6 of us left, mainly NHL-GAF and Firestorm. Definitely had a ton of fun. No fedoras or awkwardness, at least not that I noticed.

Socreges

Banned
This reminds of the guy who, seven games into the season, wrote an article about how Kessel was on pace for 170 points.

Oh man I forgot about that. For months dubbed was hyping up MacKinnon.

This reminds of the guy who, seven games into the season, wrote an article about how Kessel was on pace for 170 points.

Oh man I forgot about that. For months dubbed was hyping up MacKinnon.

First 29 games of the season Mac was roughly a .5ppg guy, last 29 games he's been nearly around .9ppg. Don't rain on my parade bro.

Hunter S.

Funny, I was calculating the final points per game using points per game percentages last night assuming every player plays all the remaining games.

Using this method, I think Mac was on pace for 69 points his first year. Which is higher than both Duchene and Lando in their first years. I like your method better though however you are doing it.

Both Lando and Duchene are on pace for career years doing it my way too. Stasny is n pace for his best year in three years.

Funny, I was calculating the final points per game using points per game percentages last night assuming every player plays all the remaining.

Using this method I think Mac was on pace for 69 points his first year. Which is higher than both Duchene and Lando in their first years. I like your method better though however you are doing it.

Both Lando and Duchene are on pace for career years doing it my way too. Stasny is n pace for his best year in three years.

There's been a pretty big improvement to MacKinnon's game since the beginning of the season. After he stopped being jittery and too excited with the puck it's gone a lot better for him. I'm just hoping it continues obviously.

Hunter S.

There's been a pretty big improvement to MacKinnon's game since the beginning of the season. After he stopped being jittery and too excited with the puck it's gone a lot better for him. I'm just hoping it continues obviously.

It is funny as like many players he cannot say why he is doing better, they just are. Nerves of being a really young rookie do seem likely. I just hope he can be hot after a long break. He is ozzing confidence.

It is funny as like many players they cannot say why they are doing better, they just are. Nerves of being a really young rookie do seem likely. I just hope he can be hot after a long break. He is ozzing confidence.

If you check out interviews with him since around early to mid January he's saying that he didn't think he could do a lot of things he did in juniors at this level and he didn't try to play that game early on, but he is now and it's working just fine.

Hunter S.

If you check out interviews with him since around early to mid January he's saying that he didn't think he could do a lot of things he did in juniors at this level and he didn't try to play that game early on, but he is now and it's working just fine.

I think he will do John Tavares' numbers this year, eventually.

Socreges

Banned
Funny, I was calculating the final points per game using points per game percentages last night assuming every player plays all the remaining games.

Using this method, I think Mac was on pace for 69 points his first year. Which is higher than both Duchene and Lando in their first years. I like your method better though however you are doing it.

The bullshit method.

Mac, Duchene, Landeskog... I can totally get behind the Canucks bottoming out for a few seasons. Unfortunately ownership/management has too much tied into this right now and will make this a fringe team for years.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The bullshit method.

Mac, Duchene, Landeskog... I can totally get behind the Canucks bottoming out for a few seasons. Unfortunately ownership/management has too much tied into this right now and will make this a fringe team for years.

Please dear Gillis, please don't do something stupid before the deadline. PLEASE.

Top Bottom