• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Socreges

Banned
Kesler and Hamhuis aren't going anywhere. Edler, possibly.

I'd love a fire sale. Get rid of all the vets. Anyone 27 or older. Fucking load up on picks and prospects. That would upset corporate partners and everything and you lose some fans, but oh well. This team is not going to transition back into a Cup favourite or even contender.

Are we talking about analyzing a season when two different trends are noticed or Vancouver's philosophy of staff and player management?
Could be both, of course, but I was obviously talking about your bullshit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What players do you think would/should/could actually get moved?

Edler/Hamhuis/Kesler/what?

Kesler and Hamhuis aren't going anywhere. Edler, possibly.

I'd love a fire sale. Get rid of all the vets. Anyone 27 or older. Fucking load up on picks and prospects. That would upset corporate partners and everything and you lose some fans, but oh well. This team is not going to transition back into a Cup favourite or even contender.

Could be both, of course, but I was obviously talking about your bullshit.

I agree, Hamhuis and Kesler are too essential to the team to be going anywhere unless somebody HUGELY overpays. Which isn't happening, since even a regular asking price for them is too high.

Edler is the most likely moving candidate. Maybe Garrison/Bieksa. Booth's contract sucks, but he should be moved too. So does Burrows, but he hasn't exactly done anything for his trading value this season.

zedge

What's everyone's problem with Gallagher :lol

RapidRectangularFlatfish.gif

LOL.. that was sad to watch. I felt bad.

Socreges

Banned
Lets talk about your bullshit for a minute. What was it you said, Avs' time in the spotlight is over and it's not even January? I'd love to read more from that beautiful mind.
Hmm? They had been 1st in the league until early/mid November.

If you have a better statistical formula to project points in a season than post it. Otherwise, I do not care.
You don't even know how he got there! "however you are doing it"! Yet you still liked it better!

He took a 29-game sample and projected it into 82 games, ignoring the first 29 games. That's not how you "project points in a season".

If Mac continues playing like he has been, he'd land around 66 points. Like you said. And that's awesome.

Hunter S.

He took a 29-game sample and projected it into 82 games, ignoring the first 29 games. That's not how you "project points in a season".

If Mac continues playing like he has been, he'd land around 66 points. Like you said. And that's awesome.
Whatever. Sounds like you want to be negative. I do not even know what you are talking about above. it gives no explanation. Give a link.

I missed this but yeah he was impressive. I didn't really focus on him enough to say whether or not he was the best defender on the ice(he was probably the best all around defender for the Sioux, not sure about the UNO guys), but he was definitely very noticeable in a good way. Physical buy not overly so, and decent enough at both offense and defense. Hopefully he sticks around for a few years and I imagine that he will since his brother is coming next year.

And I'm good with that. Short of moving Shattenkirk for some huge return, our top 3/4 is set for years and that's where Schmaltz needs to end up. Funny how much we've cornered the market on RHD.

Hmm? They had been 1st in the league until early/mid November.

Oh maybe I gave you too much credit then, I thought you were speaking to the fact that we were on our first slide and it could end up sinking us for quite awhile. If you were thinking that I expected they remain in 1st and would be upset by losing it then fucking lol.

Socreges

Banned
Oh maybe I gave you too much credit then, I thought you were speaking to the fact that we were on our first slide and it could end up sinking us for quite awhile. If you were thinking that I expected they remain in 1st and would be upset by losing it then fucking lol.
We were trash talking. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Did anyone make an Olympic thread yet (for hockey specifically)?

Why is everyone so mad at each other? There aren't even any games going on. :p

yyzjohn

Banned
If you mean the game, yes it's a great puzzle game. I got it the week it came out on 360.

I slept through the Leafs game, dammit man. Slept from 3pm to 11pm and I just woke up. First time Toronto beats Vancouver in 10 years and I miss it.

You didn't miss much.

Revenant

The bullshit method.

Mac, Duchene, Landeskog... I can totally get behind the Canucks bottoming out for a few seasons. Unfortunately ownership/management has too much tied into this right now and will make this a fringe team for years.

Vancouver Ca-Flames

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is this a reference to something or are you high

Luongo and Price will split the first two games. Luongo will play against Finland unless Price plays discernibly better. I'm sure that's their plan.
Friedman has said for a long time that Team Canada management has wanted Price to be their guy. They will split the first two games, but unless Price shits the bed, he'll be starting the 3rd game and should run with it. He's playing the best right now.

So I'm reading this article on why Canada isn't as dominant in hockey as they think they are and this tidbit stood out:
Early this century, Sweden–the top-ranked hockey country in the world–was faced with a decade of poor international results. They responded in 2003 with an all-hands-on-deck hockey summit that came up with 100 recommendations to improve their development system. From impetus to execution it took 18 months, and it was easier to execute because it just didn’t matter that much to the average person. But imagine what would happen here if we decided to try something radical, such as delaying competitive hockey until age 12 like they do in many European countries.

So, in Europe they just hold practices until age 12 when they finally get into games? That's...so weird.

gaming_noob

Is Joe Bowen confirming that Reimer is going to the Islanders?

Joe Bowen @BonsieTweets
Follow
Looking forward to the Olympic Break and watching #34 play goal for the Islanders. The big boys play each other too

sq8.png

Solo

It's gonna look really bizarre considering that the Canadian mens have no black on the unis. Might work for the Canadian womens goalie though :lol

calder

New Top Gear and True Detective makes Sundays the best day of the week.
True Detective is so fucking good. Not really what i expected based in the preview trailer, but even better than the "badass cops being edgy" show I anticipated. The third episode was amazing, I can't get over the cinematography and locations.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
True Detective is so fucking good. Not really what i expected based in the preview trailer, but even better than the "badass cops being edgy" show I anticipated. The third episode was amazing, I can't get over the cinematography and locations.
I don't want to get too ridiculous with the praise because it's only been three episodes, but I can't remember a show ever grabbing me like TD has.

Top Bottom