• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

I think after finally getting to play Baldurs Gate, finishing Skyrim, running through Dragon Age and all the indie RPGs that have come out... Along with the decline of quality and the overall "every female character must have big boobs and short skirts" sexism that JRPGs push (we're not all body-pillow hugging Otakus, buddy). I think I'm finally done with JRPGs in general.

P4G has my current interest because it's avoided a lot of clichés.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think after finally getting to play Baldurs Gate, finishing Skyrim, running through Dragon Age and all the indie RPGs that have come out... Along with the decline of quality and the overall "every female character must have big boobs and short skirts" sexism that JRPGs push (we're not all body-pillow hugging Otakus, buddy). I think I'm finally done with JRPGs in general.

The last JRPG I played outside of Persona 3 and 4 was Lost Odyssey. I can't go back to JRPGs personally. Much rather play Skyrim and Dragon Age. I would say the Witcher, but they got big boobs ;)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Bravely Default actually doesn't really do that shit.

bravely-default-flying-fairy.jpeg

I get what you mean though. Another reason why I liked Attack on Titan so much. It was pretty huge on gender equality.

Not sure what you mean.

Marvie_3

Banned

wat

(in favour of Western RPGs)

Bravely Default actually doesn't really do that shit.

bravely-default-flying-fairy.jpeg

I get what you mean though. Another reason why I liked Attack on Titan so much. It was pretty huge on gender equality.

I haven't a single clue about Bravely Default, but the reason I'm apprehensive about it is because of the recent string of terrible JRPGs.

Yet here we all are talking positively about it, which is the sort of thing that piques interest.

And Attack on Titan is excellent. Funny enough, that's the anime that got me changing my mind about recent anime. Avoided it all thinking it was Moe pedo hyper-schoolgirl neko stupid shit or over the top RoboBlamFuck GunCruiser U.S.S MissileGundam Dramacunt... Then Attack on Titan comes out and crushes all the stereotypes into powder.

I would say the Witcher, but they got big boobs ;)

Haha, yeah, that's why I didn't include it. Also because I didn't enjoy it.

Smiley90

(in favour of Western RPGs)

I haven't a single clue about Bravely Default, but the reason I'm apprehensive about it is because of the recent string of terrible JRPGs.

Yet here we all are talking positively about it, which is the sort of thing that piques interest.

And Attack on Titan is excellent. Funny enough, that's the anime that got me changing my mind about recent anime. Avoided it all thinking it was Moe pedo hyper-schoolgirl neko stupid shit or over the top RoboBlamFuck GunCruiser U.S.S MissileGundam Dramacunt... Then Attack on Titan comes out and crushes all the stereotypes into powder.

Haha, yeah, that's why I didn't include it. Also because I didn't enjoy it.

Yeah I'm trying to find similar Anime now. I was never big on Anime for the exact same reasons, but Attack on Titan was excellent. It was very "realistic" (outside of the setting obviously) with how it focused on the psychology of everyone. Not much exaggeration in terms of cliches.

I lol'd at smelly's post honestly. The fucking cover of the game is exactly what Dastardly is talking about minus dem titties.

Good thing the cover isn't someone that comes up often in the game itself then. Honestly in the about 9h I've played I never felt like the characters were oversexualized. I mean, you can barely tell apart the male from the female characters in the game for fuck's sakes. :lol

EDIT: Plus the game itself is one of the best JRPG's I've played in a long time.

Good thing the cover isn't someone that comes up often in the game itself then. Honestly in the about 9h I've played I never felt like the characters were oversexualized. I mean, you can barely tell apart the male from the female characters in the game for fuck's sakes. :lol

EDIT: Plus the game itself is one of the best JRPG's I've played in a long time.

630xj0p89.jpg

I dunno man, looks pretty typical to me.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Smiley90

Oh also:

US Cover Art:

2570208-bdus.jpg

European Cover Art:

BDFF_Logo.jpg

Don't blame the game if the Publisher wants to market it this way in the US. The game itself isn't really like that.

I dunno man, looks pretty typical to me.

You do realize you don't have to dress a character that way, right? Next thing you'll show me how the Sims is oversexualizing females. And women in Sims have more boobs than in Bravely Default. But wait, did you even PLAY Bravely Default or did you just google pictures? :lol

Oh also:

US Cover Art:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/square_small/8/82063/2570208-bdus.jpg[img]

European Cover Art:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/be/BDFF_Logo.jpg[img]

Don't blame the game if the Publisher wants to market it this way in the US. The game itself isn't really like that.

You do realize you don't have to dress a character that way, right? Next thing you'll show me how the Sims is oversexualizing females. And women in Sims have more boobs than in Bravely Default. But wait, did you even PLAY Bravely Default or did you just google pictures? :lol[/QUOTE]

Why would I play a game I don't care about? Also, why would I know that you get to play dress up? So defensive bro. I don't care that you dig animu. At least the Sims has an option to make characters other than 12 year old "not sexualized" girls.

zroid

Banned
Bravely Default is like an alternate reality FFX.

It's what FFX might have been if Square continued evolving the series along the same vein as the SNES and PS1 games instead of what they ended up doing with it.

So... if you still think SNES and PS1 Final Fantasy games are awesome, then you're probably going to think Bravely Default is awesome.

Smiley90

Why would I play a game I don't care about? Also, why would I know that you get to play dress up? So defensive bro. I don't care that you dig animu. At least the Sims has an option to make characters other than 12 year old "not sexualized" girls.

I was just wondering why you were giving the game a bad rep when you didn't even play it and based your judgement on two out-of-context pictures when those of us that have played it can recommend it.

Landy got dat A for Sweden. It stands for animu.

I was just wondering why you were giving the game a bad rep when you didn't even play it and based your judgement on two out-of-context pictures when those of us that have played it can recommend it.

I question your judgement when you can sit there and pretend like that game isn't doing it's part to cater to the cliched as fuck JRPG market when very clearly it is. I don't need to play the game to see that.

edit: Also smelly I'm not saying that it's a bad game because of it, I'm just saying that it's there. It's in Fire Emblem: Awakening somewhat, a game I fucking love, but I wish it wasn't part of it.

Smiley90

Landy got dat A for Sweden. It stands for animu.

I question your judgement when you can sit there and pretend like that game isn't doing it's part to cater to the cliched as fuck JRPG market when very clearly it is. I don't need to play the game to see that.

Because the US cover art shows an underdressed fairy that has a marginal role in the game and one dress shows a girl with a bikini (and still no boobs), which is all you decide to see, whereas I played the game for 9 hours and am telling you that it's not overly sexualized? Mmmm.

Australia are doing even worse at these Winter Olympics than we have previously.

Even our Canadian ex-pat secret weapons are failing.

This is a sham. We need to lock a crack team of Super Athletes on Mt Hotham and not let them leave every year until the snow has melted.

zedge

WTF is Bravely Default? Never heard of it now its all over..Weird name.

Bravely Default is like an alternate reality FFX.

It's what FFX might have been if Square continued evolving the series along the same vein as the SNES and PS1 games instead of what they ended up doing with it.

So... if you still think SNES and PS1 Final Fantasy games are awesome, then you're probably going to think Bravely Default is awesome.

oic

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Australia are doing even worse at these Winter Olympics than we have previously.

Even our Canadian ex-pat secret weapons are failing.

This is a sham. We need to lock a crack team of Super Athletes on Mt Hotham and not let them leave every year until the snow has melted.

Whatever happened to that asshole from Moguls?

zroid

Banned

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Dale Begg-Smith? He flubbed it. Apparently he's not really been in competition these last few years, so he just came back to have a go at it. Didn't make it past the qualifiers.

I was reading this Australian article about him yesterday... it was fascinating :lol
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/winter-...ernational-man-of-mystery-20140209-329i8.html

(PS: i love that this newspaper's acronym is SMH)

Oh man, I completely forgot he was in the adware business, truly an asshole.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Explains why I saw it and gave no fucks I guess.
Sacrilege. The story itself starts off super clichéd, but it does take a huge turn where I am in and I totally didn't expect it. I play it for the job systems and strategy, all the stupidity over the cover art and costume changes detracted from the actual gameplay, which is very satisfying.

If you don't think you can like the old FFs with a modern gloss of paint then this discussion is already over, but I'm not sure why all the vitriol.

Smelly I didn't mean to hurt your feelings pls forgive

Sacrilege. The story itself starts off super clichéd, but it does take a huge turn where I am in and I totally didn't expect it. I play it for the job systems and strategy, all the stupidity over the cover art and costume changes detracted from the actual gameplay, which is very satisfying.

If you don't think you can like the old FFs with a modern gloss of paint then this discussion is already over, but I'm not sure why all the vitriol.

Vitriol? I just don't like FF games, any of them (except tactics). Anything else I've said about the game was in regards to the art style. I'm sure it's a decent game for fans of the genre.

Top Bottom