• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This thread is going to be really strange the next 2 weeks
1464.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The entire last page and a half where Smiley was essentially talking to a brick wall.

The irony of an Avs fan discussing women's issue hasn't escaped me.

Avs fans are gonna be avs fans.

See what I did there. I just generalized all Avs fans together.

See what I did there. I just generalized all Avs fans together AND made a wife-beating comment.

Avs fans are gonna be avs fans.

See what I did there. I just generalized all Avs fans together.

How dare you!

The irony of an Avs fan discussing women's issue hasn't escaped me.

See what I did there. I just generalized all Avs fans together AND made a wife-beating comment.

God forbid we say something bad about you, you might throw a temper tantrum and wreck your entire city.

See what I did there. I just generalized all Canuck fans together, that's all I did though.

You guys are something else. Never once did I say that game was bad, only that I don't like the art style and think parts of it are fucking gross. Where's that brony to really complete the hypocrisy in here?

Smiley90

How dare you!

God forbid we say something bad about you, you might throw a temper tantrum and wreck your entire city.

See what I did there. I just generalized all Canuck fans together, that's all I did though.

Hey, a little rioting hasn't hurt anyone. Basically.

You guys are something else. Never once did I say that game was bad, only that I don't like the art style and think parts of it are fucking gross. Where's that brony to really complete the hypocrisy in here?

But you didn't even play the game nor listened to me/anyone else who's played it. You simply liked at the (US, not even European/world) cover and one screenshot and derived from there.

Also zedge already said he doesn't know the game. It's called Flying Fairy, not Flying Furry, after all.

Hey, a little rioting hasn't hurt anyone. Basically.

But you didn't even play the game nor listened to me/anyone else who's played it. You simply liked at the (US, not even European/world) cover and one screenshot and derived from there.

Also zedge already said he doesn't know the game. It's called Flying Fairy, not Flying Furry, after all.

Dude is the shit in those screenshots in the game or not? Why do I need to play it to confirm? I understand it's optional, but it's there. I think it's gross, why exactly is that not acceptable?

Smiley90

Dude is the shit in those screenshots in the game or not? Why do I need to play it to confirm? I understand it's optional, but it's there. I think it's gross, why exactly is that not acceptable?

Yeah it's in the game, but most of the game (99%) you'll be looking at

bdefault_eng_11_thumb.jpg

or

4feaf7d3_Bravely-Default:-Flying-Fairy-Tiz-and-Idea-Lee-Conversation-Screenshot.jpeg

and that's not even in the actual world, where you'll spend most of the time. And unless you find "a dress" oversexualized, then... sure. But in terms of JRPG's, this is one of the tamest, non-oversexualized games you'll find. Again, don't base your judgement on ONE outfit for ONE character that you neither have to choose, nor will you be exposed to for most of the game even if you pick it. This is NOT a game that has boobs popping out of "armor" that covers nothing. I understand that you find it gross, but don't go pretending like that's what the game is about. It's not.

Also just for reference, this picture shows a comparison between the US version (left) and the Japanese (and Euro, I think?) version on the right. So the US version is even the "tamer" one.

Smiley90

I think that outfit is gross. I'm glad that the rest of the game is awesome. Are we done with this or do we need a few more varlamov jokes to level things out?

Sure, if you acknowledge that you shouldn't be making any statements regarding recommending/advising against the game, when your credibility relies on having looked at 2 screenshots. That's all I was arguing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The fact that is argument is on the same page as multiple gifs blatantly sexualizing woman is just the best.

I think that outfit is gross. I'm glad that the rest of the game is awesome. Are we done with this or do we need a few more varlamov jokes to level things out?

Well the outfit was made so people would send Kojima pictures of people cos-playing it so, yeah it was pretty gross. :p

Sure, if you acknowledge that you shouldn't be making any statements regarding recommending/advising against the game, when your credibility relies on having looked at 2 screenshots. That's all I was arguing.

Was I advising against it? I don't recall that unless you took "Fuck yo Bravely Default" as that, all I meant by that was come fucking play hockey? cause it's a great game that would be awesome to get this group in on.

DO NOT TAKE MY DISTASTE FOR BRAVELY DEFAULT'S ART OR MECHANICS AS PURCHASING ADVICE.

Well the outfit was made so people would send Kojima pictures of people cos-playing it so, yeah it was pretty gross. :p

That MGS shit is just lazy and pathetic. Sad too because from what I've seen that looks like a game I'd enjoy.

Smiley90

Was I advising against it? I don't recall that unless you took "Fuck yo Bravely Default" as that, all I meant by that was come fucking play hockey? cause it's a great game that would be awesome to get this group in on.

DO NOT TAKE MY DISTASTE FOR BRAVELY DEFAULT'S ART OR MECHANICS AS PURCHASING ADVICE.

I tried it once and failed absolutely miserably at it. If we get a group going I'll give it another try though.

BUT ONLY IF I CAN PLAY AS A 13 YEAR OLD OVERSEXUALIZED GIRL LIKE IN THE RECENTLY-RELEASED 3DS VIDEOGAME BRAVELY DEFAULT THAT'S MADE BY THE DEVIL

I tried it once and failed absolutely miserably at it. If we get a group going I'll give it another try though.

I've put maybe 3 hours into it and finally feel like I've got a hang of the weird ass controls. It's pretty great once you get things down, I've run into some people who have been playing it for 2 years (apparently there are a few leagues even) and the shit they can do seems like black magic.

Top Bottom