• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

yyzjohn

Banned
How can people be so mad about a dumb game that they make death threats, some of them even using their real names.

I still don't understand why he took it down. It probably took him like 2 hours to make that game and he was getting rich off of it. I guess he's still making money from ads with idiots that are still playing it though, so there is that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I still don't understand why he took it down. It probably took him like 2 hours to make that game and he was getting rich off of it. I guess he's still making money from ads with idiots that are still playing it though, so there is that.
I read he's some guy from Vietnam who was getting annoyed with how big it got and all the publicity so he took it down to get back to his normal life. Others think Nintendo told him to take it down for copying Mario sprites or something like that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I read he's some guy from Vietnam who was getting annoyed with how big it got and all the publicity so he took it down to get back to his normal life. Others think Nintendo told him to take it down for copying Mario sprites or something like that.

I don't think the game used actual sprites or characters so he'd be fine there despite it looking like Super Mario World.

Did the game have a bunch of bugs or were people just complaining because they didn't like it? If it ran perfectly fine without problems I'd just leave it up there and forget about it while collecting my money.

fallout

I'm not sure of all the details, but I can say that death threats about where I draw the line on being involved with something.

Yep. Making piles of money as a web developer in a country like Vietnam and becoming a public figure has the potential to complicate one's life.

I thought he'd be on the opening day roster, but the way you guys have been describing his play here hasn't been too uplifting.

He had a fucking terrrrrrrible game against NYR if I recall right, but during this goal slump of his he was just not great with the puck towards the end. He had a big bounce back before the break but I really don't know what to make of it all. I think he'd be fine on olympic ice but wouldn't be shocked if he's scratched.

How can people be so mad about a dumb game that they make death threats, some of them even using their real names.

That's just the internet bro. That's how we do things apparently. I'm glad to see others getting sick of it at least, cause I know I am.

Erik Johnson was suspended for 2 games for a slash

I don't even recall a slash but eh.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm not sure of all the details, but I can say that death threats about where I draw the line on being involved with something.

The death threats game after he took the game down, it wasn't the reason he did. Maybe it's a brilliant move by him to remove the game and cause all this controversy, or maybe he's just a kid who was doing his own thing. Whatever the case, I wish I had thought of it first LOL

And now there's like 50 billion flappy bird clones

I can't wait to play Anti-gravity Albatross

Oh, and if the daily salary in Vietnam is $1.25 and you're earning $50k a day, somebody is going to want to kidnap you.

Would feel bad for Duchene if he gets scratched but he really didn't do himself any favors in the last 20 games.

I thought he'd be on the opening day roster, but the way you guys have been describing his play here hasn't been too uplifting.

So frustrating to watch as he tries to do too much with the puck, too many spinoramas which cause him to cough up the puck or hold on to it, but not get a shot off.

Erik Johnson was suspended for 2 games for a slash

Well that blows. I didn't see the slash as I don't get Altitude 2 (Stupid CU and stupid Nuggets).

Note to self: build game for idiots on ios if I ever want to get rich.

But never associate my real identity with it.

You could have a skimpy anime girl as a main character, with many other skimpy outfits to choose from!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes it is. You are correct.

You played Fire Emblem? You can't say you didn't see this post coming. IT'S IN THE GAME.

VXamnf1.jpg

And with that, I'm done with this topic. :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If it is what I think it is LOLTHATSONLYEUROPEANVERSION.

That's how this works right?

... So was the coverart you pointed out (us-only) and the super short bikini, dude :lol. Point being, if you get outraged about bravely default without playing it but fire emblem is fine, then lawl.

... So was the coverart you pointed out (us-only) and the super short bikini, dude :lol. Point being, if you get outraged about bravely default without playing it but fire emblem is fine, then lawl.

Point being: I bought the game not knowing that was in there. I find the shit in FE just as gross, as I mentioned yesterday, but it's interesting that you ignored it or whatever and are bringing it up again. Are you done with this topic or do we need to have another page of it?

From this article

On the street, everybody has a question. An anonymous Czech came up to him [Don Cherry] and gave him grief for “giving it to Tomas Hertl” earlier this season.

“I had to pause for a minute. I remember giving it to Hertl. I said ‘Who are you?’ He said he was a Czech. I told him, I honestly thought (Hertl) was Russian.”

SHOWBOATIN' HURT A WHIRLIN

That article about Don Cherry being in Russia just confirmed everything I thought about him being a xenophobic asshole.

Dude doesn't even know the nationality of Hertl, whom he tried to tear apart on national television.

What a tremendous tool.

TUSR

Banned
You played Fire Emblem? You can't say you didn't see this post coming. IT'S IN THE GAME.

VXamnf1.jpg

And with that, I'm done with this topic. :p

omg i killed her in chapter 9 i think, fuck fuck fuck. apparently she can marry you in the game.

TIME TO RESTART

Quick

Banned
That article about Don Cherry being in Russia just confirmed everything I thought about him being a xenophobic asshole.

Dude doesn't even know the nationality of Hertl, whom he tried to tear apart on national television.

What a tremendous tool.

HEY, FUBU MCDONALDS, YOU THINK IT'S EASY LOOKIN' AT PLAYER PROFILES TO FACT CHECK? NO!

AN' CZECHS AN' RUSSIANS LOOK THE SAME, ANYHOW.

Top Bottom