• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
KESSSSSSSSSSSSELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ibeWqYYIh8cwi7.gif

Merguson

Banned
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m1 minute ago

The #leafs (2-16-2) have just matched the worst 20-game stretch in franchise history, per @SNstats. They last did it in 1984-85.

We're about to break another franchise record!!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some Habs writer is insinuating that DLR's play has opened up the option of trading Eller and that it makes a huge trade with Toronto involving even more likely. I'll eat my Subban jersey if that were to happen. More like Bergevin is scouting concerning their interest in Thomas / Bournival.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You'd think among all this cheering for a Leafs tank they'd win a game at SOME point out of sheer luck and statistics. But no.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Some Habs writer is insinuating that DLR's play has opened up the option of trading Eller and that it makes a huge trade with Toronto involving even more likely. I'll eat my Subban jersey if that were to happen. More like Bergevin is scouting concerning their interest in Thomas / Bournival.

I think he's benefiting from playing with Eller, and I think Bergevin is smart enough to see Eller's contributions considering the quote from Friedman's 30 thoughts.

My biggest problem is that we have DD automatically getting the easiest minutes. Eller and Plekanec split the toughest assignments. If we traded Eller, and Galchenyuk is moved to centre, he'll have to take some of those tough minutes.

DD is the only obvious choice to be traded, unfortunately nobody wants him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You'd think among all this cheering for a Leafs tank they'd win a game at SOME point out of sheer luck and statistics. But no.

This tank can't be stopped...until near the end of March when we fuck it all up winning like 5 in a row or something.

eyeless

man, great night for the tank, 3/4 ain't bad, ain't bad at all
If the Leafs end up not picking in the top 5, it'll make my season.
look at all these haters jealous of our lack of success, we were gonna let you guys borrow mcdavid but no you've ruined that now

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think he's benefiting from playing with Eller, and I think Bergevin is smart enough to see Eller's contributions considering the quote from Friedman's 30 thoughts.

My biggest problem is that we have DD automatically getting the easiest minutes. Eller and Plekanec split the toughest assignments. If we traded Eller, and Galchenyuk is moved to centre, he'll have to take some of those tough minutes.

DD is the only obvious choice to be traded, unfortunately nobody wants him.
If Bozak can garner a lot of interest, I don't doubt that DD can be moved. I just don't know if Bergevin thinks he can win a cup with him as a top 2 center, I'd like to believe he knows he can't but it's difficult to say.

Marvie_3

Banned
If Bozak can garner a lot of interest, I don't doubt that DD can be moved. I just don't know if Bergevin thinks he can win a cup with him as a top 2 center, I'd like to believe he knows he can't but it's difficult to say.
He's still better than Handzus.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I forgot to mention I'd be willing to package Eller in a trade for a legit first line player like Sharp. I just see a bunch of analysts mentioning Montreal either is looking, or should be looking at depth guys, and I see Eller's name brought up.

The depressing part is that whomever we trade for will end up on David Desharnais' wing anyway, at least until Therrien is fired and a non-idiot coach plays Galchenyuk as our number one centre.

Top Bottom