• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
how would Habs Gaf feel if we got Jonathan Huberdeau from Florida?
Not at the price Im sure Florida is asking. I've never been a big Huberdooberdoo fan, and we have a lot of skilled, smaller left wings already. If he can be had at a decent price then sure, but I don't see that happening.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Look at the Postives Red.

Emelin is hurt, Tinordi is called up and Nate finally got a goal.

how would Habs Gaf feel if we got Jonathan Huberdeau from Florida?

Fun Fact: Beaulieu and Huberdeau were teammates during that memorial cup for Saint John SeaDogs

I don't see it happening unless DALE is giving him away.

Quick

Banned
Started a new job last week that's taking a lot of my time up so I have to watch games on delay later at night. Shit sucks. Not surprised to see the loss last night and I don't expect much different tonight. Pateryn looked meh to me last night, but the team as a whole looked shitty. Hopefully Subban isn't too hurt.

Same here. I would watch Leafs games despite the tank, but I just haven't had the time.

fallout

Dreger saying the Habs are interested in both Polak / Bozak

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Fuck off you hack, trying to get a market going for your garbage cousin.
I feel like I missed something over the past while. When and why did people start hating Dreger? I don't feel like that was always the case and that it just started happening in more recent times.

Samyy

I feel like I missed something over the past while. When and why did people start hating Dreger? I don't feel like that was always the case and that it just started happening in more recent times.

Because Dreger is related to Nonis, he is his cousin or something I believe?
Therefore, when he talks Leafs its clear to see that he attempts to paint the efforts put forward by Nonis in a much more positive light, ie. "This is not Dave's fault!"
Similarly, one can then make the assumption that he helps Nonis out by drumming up trade rumours and discussing players in a way that benefits his cousin.

Based off some of his comments, interviews, etc. in the past to me it comes off as him defending Nonis at every possible step.

So when he is not discussing the Leafs, perhaps you can look at his comments as being independent, it is hard to do so when he does discuss the Leafs.

Also, only somewhat related:
B-OF5oqCcAAK10_.jpg

God is the media here just the dumbest.
Also the media in general, I mostly can't count on them to be independent in the first place. When people have sources working for a team, how can you take whatever the media person says seriously? They don't want to piss off their source, so they want shit talk the organization and appropriately criticize their moves. Also, the media establishes people that they like and don't like. For example, the defence of Randy Carlyle in Toronto by certain reports, such as Cathal Kelly, simply reeks of reporters looking to protect a guy who regularly gave them material to work with. Then there are people like Jeff O'Neil and his ilk that talk better about players that speak with them. Peter Holland is some kind of revered god to O'Neil because Holland goes on his radio show and jokes around with him. Kadri though is a useless, spoiled, terrible, lazy, bum of a hockey player.

Merguson

Banned
Therefore, when he talks Leafs its clear to see that he attempts to paint the efforts put forward by Nonis in a much more positive light, ie. "This is not Dave's fault!"
Similarly, one can then make the assumption that he helps Nonis out by drumming up trade rumours and discussing players in a way that benefits his cousin.

Based off some of his comments, interviews, etc. in the past to me it comes off as him defending Nonis at every possible step.

So when he is not discussing the Leafs, perhaps you can look at his comments as being independent, it is hard to do so when he does discuss the Leafs.

Also, only somewhat related:

God is the media here just the dumbest

The only real source I could find regarding the relationship is that they are 3rd cousins and that Dreger says Nonis is "stingy" with any information he gives.

I think it's kind of overblown but whatever.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Pjh1_mmcCgYmW-A&bvm=bv.85970519,d.cWc&cad=rja

zroid

Banned
I thought they were second cousins. Dreger really does apologise for Nonis a lot though. He always goes to great lengths to deflect blame off him for anything. On the rare occasion he might say "Nonis has to accept responsibility" for something, but he does it in the most casual, innocuous way possible.

fallout

Ah, okay. So it wasn't an issue until Nonis got the GM job. That's why it's only been a recent-ish thing.

Was this ever an issue while he was with the Canucks?

Cake Boss

Banned
I'm going to assume that you mean Chiarelli?

Yeah that's it.

In other news The Order sucks lol. Surprise surprise.

Sony has the most overrated 1st party studios. Knack, Killzone, Drive club, The Order all shitty mediocre exclusives.

Sunset overdrive and Horizon 2 the best console exclusive so far.

Quick

Banned
I'm afraid that ain't Canadian.

ihbgTY07QHSXM.gif

I'm going to assume that you mean Chiarelli?

Churchill would make a pretty interesting GM.

Yeah that's it.

Sony has the most overrated 1st party studios. Knack, Killzone, Drive club, The Order all shitty mediocre exclusives.

I've been on and off on The Order. I had it pre-ordered at one point, then cancelled it.
lol at this thread. I do agree that there should be a refund system set up for digital pre-orders, but the thought of pre-ordering digital still isn't the best idea, I think.

I've downloaded games before, but I knew exactly what it entailed (no refunds, no trade-ins).

Meanwhile, Franson and Santorelli still don't have their visas taken care of.

GOOD CANADIAN KIDS ARE TOO GOOD CANADIANS FOR AMERICA.

Samyy

Yeah that's it.

Just to clarify, neither Ready at Dawn (The Order) or Insomniac (Sunset Overdrive) are first party studios.

I don't even think the people that make Forza are first party?

Suen

FootyGaf was purged. I've always been a lifelong supporter of Philadelphia Flyers. Please allow me to be a part of your home.

gaming_noob

I never really realized it before, but the Flyers are basically the Leafs with a 1C

Sorry Flyers fans

Nice observation. That means a true 1C will not help the Leafs. I would aim to build around 3-4 great prospects over 1 of McDavid any day.

D. Strome/Marner, Rielly, 1st round pick, 1st round pick

Quick

Banned
FootyGaf was purged. I've always been a lifelong supporter of Philadelphia Flyers. Please allow me to be a part of your home.

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU FOLKS KNOW I ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. THE BEAUTIFUL GAME BEING HOCKEY, OF COURSE! WHAT'S ALSO BEAUTIFUL? A NICE AFTERNOON OUT ON THE DECK, SIPPIN' ON SOME MOLSON, AN' READIN' MY BOOK, "DON CHERRY'S HOCKEY STORIES AN' STUFF" WHILE MY CBC MOVIE, "WRATH OF GRAPES: THE DON CHERRY STORY" IS PLAYIN' IN THE BACKGROUND, EH.

ANYHOW, WHAT'S THIS FOOTY THING, EH? THAT SOUNDS REAL EUROPEEN TO ME. I HAD MY INTERN GO ON THE GOOGLES AN' CHECK OUT SOME OF THESE "FOOTY" PEOPLE AN' SHE SAID SHE'S JUST HITTIN' ALL THESE INAPPROPRIATE SITES 'BOUT PEOPLE'S FEET. THAT AIN'T RIGHT, THAT AIN'T CANADIAN, EH.

SHE EVENTUALLY FOUND OUT 'BOUT EUROPEEN SOCCER, EH. AN' BOY, WAS I STEAMED. YOU GOT GUYS WITH FUNNY-SOUNDIN' NAMES LIKE "RONALDO" OR "RONALDINHO" OR "CRISTIANO" OR "DAVID BECKHAM" EH. THOSE AIN'T GOOD NAMES TO HAVE, EH. WHERE'S THE DAVIES? THE DREWS? THE ANDIES? THE JOHNNIES, JOHNS, AN' SIDNEYS? NOW THOSE ARE REAL GOOD CANADIAN NAMES, LET ME TELL YOU.

AN' WHAT'S THIS 'BOUT FLOPPIN' LIKE A FISH? ONLY FISH I SEE FLOPPIN' ARE THE ONES I CATCH WITH MY BARE HANDS IN THE ST. LAWRENCE RIVER, EH?

EVEN WORSE? THOSE GUYS SOUND LIKE PLAYERS THE LEAFS WOULD PROBABLY DRAFT 'CAUSE THE LEAFS HATE GOOD ONTARIO KIDS, EH. LEAFS AIN'T GONNA DRAFT MCDAVID 'CAUSE HE'S FROM ONTARIO, AN' NOT BECAUSE THE SABRES ARE PROBABLY GONNA WIN THE DRAFT LOTTERY, EH. BOY, THAT TEAM AIN'T RIGHT, EH.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN A BUNCH OF EUROPEENS RAN INSIDE A STALL. THEY LEFT THE DOOR OPEN AN' LEFT THEIR SHOES ON THE CARPET, 'CAUSE THAT'S WHAT EUROPEENS DO. ANYHOW, THEY'RE IN THE STALL, SINGIN' AN' CHANTIN' ALL THIS FUNNY STUFF WHILE WATCHIN' SOME EUROPEEN SOCCER, EH. AN' BOY I WAS REAL STEAMED. A BUNCH OF GOOD MIMICO KIDS CAME IN, TOOK THEIR SHOES OFF, AN' WENT INSIDE ANOTHER STALL. THEY SHOOK HANDS, SANG THE CANADIAN ANTHEM, AN' STARTED WATCHIN' SOME GOOD OL' HOCKEY. THEY WEREN'T WEARIN' VISORS, OR HOT DOGGIN', OR ANYTHIN'. THE EUROPEENS GOT REAL EMBARRASSED AN' RAN OUT THE BATHROOM WITHOUT EVEN WASHIN' THEIR HANDS, EH. I SAW THEM OUTSIDE LATER ON FLOPPIN'. BOY, I WAS REAL PROUD OF THOSE GOOD MIMICO KIDS. THEY REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

doncherry_471.jpg

Yeah that's it.

You're going to have a fun 3/4 of this year aren't you?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Rumors say that it all started with some FootyGaffer shitting on The Order. I need to remain quiet for my own safety.

Yeah that's it.

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU FOLKS KNOW I ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. THE BEAUTIFUL GAME BEING HOCKEY, OF COURSE! WHAT'S ALSO BEAUTIFUL? A NICE AFTERNOON OUT ON THE DECK, SIPPIN' ON SOME MOLSON, AN' READIN' MY BOOK, "DON CHERRY'S HOCKEY STORIES AN' STUFF" WHILE MY CBC MOVIE, "WRATH OF GRAPES: THE DON CHERRY STORY" IS PLAYIN' IN THE BACKGROUND, EH.

ANYHOW, WHAT'S THIS FOOTY THING, EH? THAT SOUNDS REAL EUROPEEN TO ME. I HAD MY INTERN GO ON THE GOOGLES AN' CHECK OUT SOME OF THESE "FOOTY" PEOPLE AN' SHE SAID SHE'S JUST HITTIN' ALL THESE INAPPROPRIATE SITES 'BOUT PEOPLE'S FEET. THAT AIN'T RIGHT, THAT AIN'T CANADIAN, EH.

SHE EVENTUALLY FOUND OUT 'BOUT EUROPEEN SOCCER, EH. AN' BOY, WAS I STEAMED. YOU GOT GUYS WITH FUNNY-SOUNDIN' NAMES LIKE "RONALDO" OR "RONALDINHO" OR "CRISTIANO" OR "DAVID BECKHAM" EH. THOSE AIN'T GOOD NAMES TO HAVE, EH. WHERE'S THE DAVIES? THE DREWS? THE ANDIES? THE JOHNNIES, JOHNS, AN' SIDNEYS? NOW THOSE ARE REAL GOOD CANADIAN NAMES, LET ME TELL YOU.

AN' WHAT'S THIS 'BOUT FLOPPIN' LIKE A FISH? ONLY FISH I SEE FLOPPIN' ARE THE ONES I CATCH WITH MY BARE HANDS IN THE ST. LAWRENCE RIVER, EH?

EVEN WORSE? THOSE GUYS SOUND LIKE PLAYERS THE LEAFS WOULD PROBABLY DRAFT 'CAUSE THE LEAFS HATE GOOD ONTARIO KIDS, EH. LEAFS AIN'T GONNA DRAFT MCDAVID 'CAUSE HE'S FROM ONTARIO, AN' NOT BECAUSE THE SABRES ARE PROBABLY GONNA WIN THE DRAFT LOTTERY, EH. BOY, THAT TEAM AIN'T RIGHT, EH.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN A BUNCH OF EUROPEENS RAN INSIDE A STALL. THEY LEFT THE DOOR OPEN AN' LEFT THEIR SHOES ON THE CARPET, 'CAUSE THAT'S WHAT EUROPEENS DO. ANYHOW, THEY'RE IN THE STALL, SINGIN' AN' CHANTIN' ALL THIS FUNNY STUFF WHILE WATCHIN' SOME EUROPEEN SOCCER, EH. AN' BOY I WAS REAL STEAMED. A BUNCH OF GOOD MIMICO KIDS CAME IN, TOOK THEIR SHOES OFF, AN' WENT INSIDE ANOTHER STALL. THEY SHOOK HANDS, SANG THE CANADIAN ANTHEM, AN' STARTED WATCHIN' SOME GOOD OL' HOCKEY. THEY WEREN'T WEARIN' VISORS, OR HOT DOGGIN', OR ANYTHIN'. THE EUROPEENS GOT REAL EMBARRASSED AN' RAN OUT THE BATHROOM WITHOUT EVEN WASHIN' THEIR HANDS, EH. I SAW THEM OUTSIDE LATER ON FLOPPIN'. BOY, I WAS REAL PROUD OF THOSE GOOD MIMICO KIDS. THEY REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

doncherry_471.jpg

Welcome to NHLGAF where the rules are made up and the Oilers don't matter

Top Bottom