• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Quick

Banned
I may have just reached Kessel Photoshop Nirvana. Thumbs up, okay, let's go.

iPTIe6qvUOJgr.jpg

ibmih3xSOJpd4I.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers are 10-1-2 in February. The team's best ever February previously was 10-2-2 in 1972. The game on Saturday night against the Flyers gives them the chance to beat that franchise record. 9-1-2 in the Post-Lundqvist Era, by the way.

Is this sustainable? Absolutely fucking not. We're scoring at an insane pace, just a shade under 4 goals per game in the month of February, and more importantly we've NEEDED to score that many just to be able to win in a lot of these games. There is no way that can hold up.

Fortunately we've got another goaltender getting a whole lot of rest right now...

zroid

Banned
Fear The Fin made a good case for the Sharks picking up Wisniewski, moving Burnzie back to wing, and Pavs to C. Suddenly the roster just looks way, way better.

GNKqPlR.png

Acid08

Banned
Fear The Fin made a good case for the Sharks picking up Wisniewski, moving Burnzie back to wing, and Pavs to C. Suddenly the roster just looks way, way better.

He's obsessed with getting Burns back on wing. Thing is, we don't have the pieces to trade and no way DW gives up a first rounder during his "rebuild." It just isn't going to happen.

zroid

Banned
He's obsessed with getting Burns back on wing. Thing is, we don't have the pieces to trade and no way DW gives up a first rounder during his "rebuild." It just isn't going to happen.

Too bad :(

It is true that Burns has performed best as a forward. Last season was his most effective since 2010-11.

Acid08

Banned
Too bad :(

It is true that Burns has performed best as a forward. Last season was his most effective since 2010-11.

Burns was an elite power forward last year, he was the biggest reason why that Hertl-Jumbo-Burns line worked. His puck retrieval and possession were unreal. They've had tons of problems replacing what he brought to the first line. It would be smart to have him back up there but we also have no one who can do what he does on the defense. He's the only legit offensive threat we have back there.

Acid08

Banned
That's not too bad I guess, understandable.

We just need better religions.

"This is a very dangerous apocalyptic symptom, and we must do everything in our powers to ensure that sin is never sanctioned in Russia by state law, because that would mean that the nation has embarked on a path of self-destruction," [church leader ] Kirill stated."

Yeah, the church is only against gay marriage. Sure.

zroid

Banned
Burns was an elite power forward last year, he was the biggest reason why that Hertl-Jumbo-Burns line worked. His puck retrieval and possession were unreal. They've had tons of problems replacing what he brought to the first line. It would be smart to have him back up there but we also have no one who can do what he does on the defense. He's the only legit offensive threat we have back there.

Franson definitely would've helped a ton. I have to imagine they were in to some extent, wonder what they were willing to give up. Probably not a 1st like Nashville.

Acid08

Banned
Franson definitely would've helped a ton. I have to imagine they were in to some extent, wonder what they were willing to give up. Probably not a 1st like Nashville.

DW has committed very publicly to his half-assed rebuild so I doubt he was a really serious contender on anyone. Shame really, we have the personnel. That loss to the Kings last year broke this franchise. In hindsight they had the worst possible reaction to it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I see Ottawa is like if Gretzky was actually 5 players

and Hammond is loooooooooool

Top Bottom