• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really don't think that's a crazy price. I can see him getting that. Not a terribly high pick, and not the best prospect, but someone will pay that.
It's just funny they went from asking for Gorges straight up, to now a 1st and a prospect. I don't see any team moving a 1st for him, no matter how low it is.

Edit: Jon Stewart leaving the Daily Show? What the fuckkkkkkkk. It's too soon :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's just funny they went from asking for Gorges straight up, to now a 1st and a prospect. I don't see any team moving a 1st for him, no matter how low it is.

Edit: Jon Stewart leaving the Daily Show? What the fuckkkkkkkk. It's too soon :(

Yeah pretty much. I don't see us getting that much. I'm thinking a 2nd and prospect or just a 1st. Those two are a 'bit' more realistic, but a 1st and prospect?

:'(

That's why my fantasy team is Leafs gonna Leaf

Sure, but it's a market and the value of any given piece is going to change depending on what part of the season they are in.

He's the 17th highest scoring defenseman in the league, he's right handed and he's currently playing on a toxic team. I think there's probably more interest in him right now than you think.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sure, but it's a market and the value of any given piece is going to change depending on what part of the season they are in.

He's the 17th highest scoring defenseman in the league, he's right handed and he's currently playing on a toxic team. I think there's probably more interest in him right now than you think.
I don't doubt the interest is there, but that doesn't mean that he's worth that or he'll get that kind of payment. That's legit OEL territory you're entering with that price, and he's had his ups and downs.

I don't doubt the interest is there, but that doesn't mean that he's worth that or he'll get that kind of payment. That's legit OEL territory you're entering with that price, and he's had his ups and downs.

If I look at OEL's numbers and Franson's numbers from this season, I'm taking Franson.

Edit: I'm not trying to be a homer, you just say that the asking price is close to what you'd ask for OEL. I haven't really watched a whole lot of Arizona games so I can't definitely speak to how good OEL is, but they have really similar stats this year so I just don't necessarily see why that's a big stretch.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are going back to the top lines that were working when the team was really clicking in December and January.

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-St.Louis
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Glass-D.Moore-Stempniak

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein
J.Moore-Boyle

Talbot
Skapski

zroid

Banned
catching up on Laffs Lunch. ODog is going to incredible lengths to defend Clarkson. lol

he really really wants to scratch Kessel

Marvie_3

Banned
Vegas will probably be fine: there are a lot of Canadians who'd be more than happy to roll an NHL game into their Vegas-to-do list. Especially if it's easier to get tickets than it is in their home city.
If your team has to rely on fans coming in from other cities for games, you're in trouble. Visiting fans take up a lot of seats in Phoenix/Florida but that doesn't keep those teams from being financial disasters.

And Quebec? I used to think it was a sure bet as soon as they had their arena finished. But now I think with the volatile CAD, PKP going into separatist politics (does anyone buy his assurances that it won't be an issue?), and the advent of Seattle and Vegas as potential expansion/relocation cities, any chance that city had of is now long gone.

People said that about WInnipeg at one point too but the Panthers are going to need a place to go at some point. It'd allow them to stay in the east and keep the conferences balanced after expansion.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
1st and a prospect is too much for a guy like Franson on an expiring contract. If his contract wasn't ending I could see it, not a real blue-chipper prospect though.

No team will pay a 1st for a pending UFA defenceman, even if they're going "all-in" this year.

I made a post a week ago that 1st rounders are usually involved in deals for elite players, not Cody Franson.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Macdonald!! Pay with <3'n!!!!

Lotta crazy bounces tonight, apparently its brand new ice because they had a monster truck rally over the weekend.

Top Bottom