• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Kave learns how to play hockey SPECIAL UPDATE!!!

First please open this link and play it in the background as you read below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3h3sp1l_Fo

Hello friends,

I have just got back home and I can say today that I have just finished my last hockey school session. I have officially "graduated" from hockey school!!!!

10 weeks of learning all the basics, bonding with my teammates and overall having tons of fun. I can't say that I am now a super duper player but I can say I am a lot better. I am skating a lot smoother, I can make sharp turns. I still can't stop well but I can skate backwards a few meters and frankly I am amazed by that.

With hockey school now over, next week I begin the next step; we now play actual real live games. Not shinny, but actually games with refs and proper line changes and everything.

That said today we ran a few drills and then ran some organized shinny for 40 minutes straight tonight. The problem my team had was we only had 7 guys tonight, so needless to say we were exhausted but my teammates, boy are they amazing. After 10 minutes we were already up 5-0 and from there we were able to coast for the remainder of the time.

Remember how I just said my teammates are amazing? They really are. Once we were up they kept trying to get me the puck to give me a chance to score. I didn't end up scoring but I was able to take a nice wrister in the slot that the goalie deflected off his shoulder. I had another chance right next to the net at point blank but fanned on the pass. It was a drastic improvement over the first shinny I took part in, I was able to get the puck, I was able to keep possession and I didn't feel like I was holding us back much.

I played mostly left wing tonight with a few shifts at center and 1 or 2 on defense. I'm more motivated then when I started now. I want to be able to help this team out, I want to be able to do my role.

As always I'll keep you guys updated as I continue to go along, we have 7 games coming up and then a big tournament to end the season in mid April.

cat-graduation-cap-gown-15930306.jpg

This is inspiring

RC

Banned
Especially considering Vancouver will be irrelevant in two years, Sedins will be 37 and they don't have anyone to replace them.
Step your fan fiction game up Montressor, clearly it would be Calgary!

Can't argue with that.

Cactus

Banned
@Michael_Traikos
Really looks like Clarkson is giving Horachek his two cents. Doesn't look too happy.
@reporterchris
The Horachek-Clarkson conversation was fairly animated ... and lasted several minutes. Clarkson looks flabbergasted.
Pretty sure that's how he always looks.

Parch

Do you have any idea who Friedman is? He's not a Toronto mouth piece .
You don't have to be a mouth piece to have a bias. Every single media person in the Toronto region would love to have McDavid on the Leafs. Even if they were anti-Leaf they'd love it. Why wouldn't they? It's gives them even more stuff to talk about. That's what they do.

The problem is the major networks and media types based in Toronto who call themselves "national" broadcasters. Yeah, right. They spend 80% of every hockey show talking about the Leafs. Every other team is a side note to the Toronto media.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Therrien said:
His courage and determination are to thank for where he is today
RE: Desharnais. Unreal, it would be nice for him to praise his #1 and Norris winning D man once in a while, but you'll never hear him praise him like this.

You don't have to be a mouth piece to have a bias. Every single media person in the Toronto region would love to have McDavid on the Leafs. Even if they were anti-Leaf they'd love it. Why wouldn't they? It's gives them even more stuff to talk about. That's what they do.

The problem is the major networks and media types based in Toronto who call themselves "national" broadcasters. Yeah, right. They spend 80% of every hockey show talking about the Leafs. Every other team is a side note to the Toronto media.
Friedman is one of the least biased reporters in the game, assuming he's pro Toronto because works there is just dumb. You think he makes the decision what they talk about on HNiC and how much air time the Leafs get? The point he made that you're attacking him for was a valid one.

Montreal fires Therrien end of season after being swept in the first round by the Red Wings. The Red Wings get destroyed in the next round by team XYX (who cares) and Babcock decides to leave Detroit for greener pastures. Montreal's anglophone fanbase clamours to hire Babcock, but Montreal's francophone fanbase spits at the idea in disgust. Habs end up re-hiring Jacques Martin and flounder for the next decade.

Meantime, Toronto wins the McDavid lottery, dumps Clarkson onto Edmonton, and hires Babcock. The rebuild is dramatic enough for Toronto to ice a competitive roster for their 2017 centenniel. They get bounced in the first round but they lose NORMALLY. Then they win they win 2 Cups in the next 4 years. First cup victory is in Toronto, second Cup victory is in Vancouver.

Why did I write this.

I want to punch you in the face for this.

Babs will stay.... if we can make it past the 1st round which I hope we can or a somewhat deep playoff run.

Clarkson as a Leaf:

Code:
113GP  15G  11A  26P  -26

Also, he just has two power play goals despite averaging over a minute and a half on the PP per game.

Yeah, the other players on the team really need to get the message.

Clarkson has become somewhat of a martyr in the Toronto media :lol

"When is he going to scratch the $8 million dollar man!"

Also:

Down Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown
About time the Leafs got some of that money back. RT @Michael_Traikos: Really looks like Clarkson is giving Horachek his two cents.
10:54 AM - 10 Feb 2015

:LOL

zroid

Banned
MacLean and Kypreos :lol :lol

these guys are so fucking dense it's incredible. I'm starting to think they might be paid actors.

xIspmOB.png

Red_Man

It's really amazing how stupid most of the NHL's "analyst" really are. I don't watch a lot of other sports so I don't know if it's like this across other major sports, but it's pretty unbelievable at times.

RockTheRed.net ‏@RockTheRed 17 seconds ago
The same people who rip perennial elite scorers Alex Ovechkin & Phil Kessel make excuses for 4th-line healthy scratch David Clarkson.
9:44 AM - 10 Feb 2015 · Details

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

imBask

Banned
It's really amazing how stupid most of the NHL's "analyst" really are. I don't watch a lot of other sports so I don't know if it's like this across other major sports, but it's pretty unbelievable at times.

which is why I always prefer entertainers over analysts. Yet people always shit on entertainers when it's about sports

Parch

MacLean and Kypreos :lol :lol
these guys are so fucking dense it's incredible. I'm starting to think they might be paid actors.
Yup. Couple of clueless kooks. Doug MacLean really drives me nuts how he is constantly interrupting everybody and regularly goes off-tangent. He is so unprofessional. You can really sense the frustration of those other two trying to keep him on topic.

Red_Man

The NHL might be unique in that its signature 'shows' are all so stale. I can't say I've ever seen anything quite so bad as HNIC and Rogers' weekday broadcasts when catching NBA, PL or MLB games.
Probably a big part of why they're ratings are down so much this year.

Red_Man

I'm excited to see the Ryan White montage tonight

Times allowing more than 2 goals in last 20 games.
Price = 3
Rinne = 5
Holtby = 7
Elliott = 8
Crawford = 8
Dubnyk = 9
Fleury = 10
Quick = 10

I need a Price coli face

Parch

Probably a big part of why they're ratings are down so much this year.
At least in Canada I think they've reached the saturation point. Not uncommon to have 2 games on per night with the regional games, with preview shows, along with other half hour shows, and the main highlight shows with hockey dominance. It's a lot and the ratings are getting split up amongst the ton of coverage now.

Parch

Dubnyk is a good story. I thought he had good potential since the World Juniors. He finally gets a full time shot in Edmonton and the team completely sucks. I do understand that his numbers were horrendous, but he was left out to dry by a non-existent defensive system. He was like a goalie in an all-star game. It couldn't be good for his confidence. To top it all off he gets thrown under the bus by management, the media, and the fans. I was one of a few who thought Devan Dubnyk got a really raw deal in Edmonton.

It does my heart good to see him have success in Minnesota. Finish the season like he's playing now and I wonder what type of offers he'll get as an FA. Circumstances play a big part in a goaltender's career.

I'm excited to see the Ryan White montage tonight

I need a Price coli face

Mason has 5 in that amount of time.

Tied for 4th in SV% and 10th in GAA. Kind of amazing for a shitty team.

White has been better than Rinaldo. Speaking of Rinaldo, he went full retard during practice and apparently re-injured Coburn...

Ducks making me sweat.

Andersen on injured reserve, out until Sunday

Bryz to start tonight, John Gibson called up to back him up.

Silfverberg with the flu

Lindholm with a lower body injury

Enjoy the win, Florida.

Still hope Ducks come out tonight on top

00a-why-a-duck-animals-duck-and-cat.jpg

Top Bottom