• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

He needs to pass Messier. Fuck Messier.

Jagr missed three seasons, too. I wonder if that helped extend his career somehow, though.

That's what he says, going to the KHL made it easier for him to last this long. The lockouts though are something to consider.

If Jagr plays next year (I think he will) he should pass Mess.

zroid

Banned
I hope someone offer sheets McDavid max salary ($14M) when he reaches RFA

it might not be the smartest move in terms of cap management, but the two possible outcomes (forcing Edmonton to either match $14M or lose him) would both be hilarious from an outside perspective

I hope someone offer sheets McDavid max salary ($14M) when he reaches RFA

it might not be the smartest move in terms of cap management, but the two possible outcomes (forcing Edmonton to either match $14M or lose him) would both be hilarious from an outside perspective

97c2f723e8fa37312f19cd9433af2b29.jpg

Fucking hell... G come back baby!

4 min PP without him :(

and then Simmonds gets called for Interference for that?!?! Really?

At least G is back

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR GHOST BEAR

Socreges

Banned
Stars game will be at 2:00 am here, fuuuuuuuuck this will make it even harder to watch them
I barely followed hockey when I lived in Spain. Too tough, but then again this was 7 years ago whereas now you'd have more options to watch replays the next day.

Mats Sundin being a Canuck is still surreal to me. I see highlights but since I didn't watch that season it's as if it never actually happened.

Quick

Banned
I barely followed hockey when I lived in Spain. Too tough, but then again this was 7 years ago whereas now you'd have more options to watch replays the next day.

Mats Sundin being a Canuck is still surreal to me. I see highlights but since I didn't watch that season it's as if it never actually happened.

0077919001417552329_filepicker.jpg

Sundin is my favourite player. It absolutely sucked that he didn't re-sign with Toronto, but I understood why, and I don't blame him one bit.

One thing I hope, when people look back on his tenure with the Canucks, is that he isn't seen in the same way as Messier there. :lol

Curufinwe

Yeah I just saw this.

I hope we don't bring up AMac.

MacDonald is a much better player than Manning who has played most of the season and put up terrible possession numbers and zero offense despite being gifted piss weak competition, 59% OZ starts and the chance to play with Ghost.

If you compare their past two seasons on the Phantoms/Flyers AMac comes out on top easily by any metric.

MacDonald is a much better player than Manning who has played most of the season and put up terrible possession numbers and zero offense despite being gifted piss weak competition, 59% OZ starts and the chance to play with Ghost.

If you compare their past two seasons on the Phantoms/Flyers AMac comes out on top easily by any metric.

Yeah Manning is bad. I realize that honestly almost anyone is better than Manning at this point I just hate to be reminded about AMac's contract. If he can somehow come up and play well at the NHL level then that will be pretty cool, but I don't see that happening.

I do think though he is a better choice than Manning and I am still not sure why we scratch Medvedev and not Manning.

Foggy

I get the feeling that the Leafs are going to sign Kadri to a bad contract if they keep him around. He seems like an odd fit for a team that's on a 5-year rebuild or however long it is. How long is he going to get by on potential?

Samyy

I get the feeling that the Leafs are going to sign Kadri to a bad contract if they keep him around. He seems like an odd fit for a team that's on a 5-year rebuild or however long it is. How long is he going to get by on potential?

What you talking about potential?
Kadri is a great 2C right now, he's producing decently offensively on an absolute horrid offensive team and playing against teams top lines night in and night out.

It makes absolute sense to keep Kadri because he has shown this year that he can go head-to-head against other teams top lines pretty decently. Say we get Matthews, Kadri could shelter him for a few years while he gets better. Same thing applies to if we have Nylander playing as a center behind him as well.

Can't get rid of him and just throw our young guys to the wolves.

He'll get a 5 year deal with the last two years low on salary, then flip him for another 1st.

zroid

Banned
Based on WAR Kadri is worth around $6-6.5M right now

he is 25 so it's probably safe to say that's about his peak value as a player, but I expect they will sign him to an AAV more in the $5.5M range. That should be fine as he approaches 30.

His SH% slump early in the season may have been a blessing in disguise, since a lower scoring total should suppress his perceived value.

Merguson

Banned
Based on WAR Kadri is worth around $6-6.5M right now

he is 25 so it's probably safe to say that's about his peak value as a player, but I expect they will sign him to an AAV more in the $5.5M range. That should be fine as he approaches 30.

His SH% slump early in the season may have been a blessing in disguise, since a lower scoring total should suppress his perceived value.

Where do you get that information from? I wouldn't mind checking out other players if that's possible.

Top Bottom