• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We'll go down in the standings one spot after this, tank night successful.

I'll say this in the bubble so I don't get jumped on in OT...but I just watched that Kendrick Lamar Grammys thing.

I don't get it. What did he do that made it supposedly so much better than any other performance?
If you have to ask....

I'll say this in the bubble so I don't get jumped on in OT...but I just watched that Kendrick Lamar Grammys thing.

I don't get it. What did he do that made it supposedly so much better than any other performance?

A literal set up of jail, the lyrics and Kendrick coming out in cuffs linked to other black men didn't tip anything off?

If you are talking strictly musically it was just on point

Legitimately surprised the Wild are winning, by the way. From what I've seen (passively watching at best) it hasn't been so much the Wild winning as the Canucks losing. All three goals were because of Canucks defensive breakdowns.

If you have to ask....

I'm sure this is telling of something but I don't know what you are getting at.

All I know is I felt pretty neutral about the performance as a whole. Didn't like it, didn't dislike it. Neutral. Lots of people on twitter and here on gaf heralding it as something so special and I don't get it.

A literal set up of jail, the lyrics and Kendrick coming out in cuffs linked to other black men didn't tip anything off?

If you are talking strictly musically it was just on point

Apparently it wasn't for me. On point was not what I was thinking while listening to it.

Red_Man

All I know is I felt pretty neutral about the performance as a whole. Didn't like it, didn't dislike it. Neutral. Lots of people on twitter and here on gaf heralding it as something so special and I don't get it.
It's one of those performances where the message should be pretty obvious. Aside from the brilliant performance and message he was getting across, the rapping itself was fantastic and in another league compared to his peers which you may not be able to appreciate if you're not a hip hop fan which is whatever. Just odd hearing someone question what was special about it, it seemed rather obvious.

Fuck the Grammys
:)

Line_HTX

Yeah it is

The German tanks fighting and trying to get up the hill are the oilers, and the tanks on the top of the hill are the leafs, jets, flames, canucks, habs, trying to gatekeep Auston Matthews from them.

Someone needs to photoshop the teams at the top of the hill and all the Oilers advancing up.

Much better gif than the blonde Maple Leafs tank, lol

zroid

Banned
Is Tony on duty tonight? Asking for a friend.

edit: jeez Habs only got 19 shots off against the Yotes? That's rough.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I thought it was an awesome performance. As someone who doesn't listen to a lot of rap, and couldn't really get into his album despite the praise, I thought the performance was intense as hell, and sounded pretty awesome even ignoring the political message.

Red_Man

Is Tony on duty tonight? Asking for a friend.

edit: jeez Habs only got 19 shots off against the Yotes? That's rough.
Seems like they've packed it in for the season, great news for the tank!

Now hopefully we can move some or all of Plekanec, Gilbert, Weise, Desharnais, Eller for the right player & Flash at the deadline.

Vman

Canadians should hire Yeo. Legitimately a great coach and fresh on the market! Although I don't think he speaks French

Red_Man

#Habs Therrien on Condon: "We talked about it after the 2nd period and decided to leave him there."
Any reason? "No reason."

Therrien is officially the dumbest coach in the NHL right? He can't be beat at this point.

Red_Man

Real Good Willie's player deployment is worse
I don't think you're aware of the Desharnais situation. I honestly don't think there is a single player in the NHL right now who is being used in a worse fashion then him.

zroid

Banned
I don't think you're aware of the Desharnais situation. I honestly don't think there is a single player in the NHL right now who is being used in a worse fashion then him.

I would argue Matt Hunwick, but I'm not convinced that there isn't some machination going on there

zroid

Banned
So Canada finished 6th or so in the World Juniors, and every Canadian team is looking to miss the playoffs

2016 is a pretty bad year for Canadian hockey

now imagine if they embarrass themselves at the World Cup!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So I moved into an airbnb today because couldnt find a place to move into mid-month

It's 11pm and there are TWO BABIES CRYING FROM THE TOP OF THEIR LITTLE PUNK ASS LUNGS.

Fml

trifelife

These Canucks, man.

Everyone other than the Sedins & Bo/Bae/Jake mailed in some of the most uninspired, souless slack-ass hockey playing I've ever witnessed. Having one legit defenseman with five third pairing guys makes for some truly horrifying adventures in trying to move the puck out of the defensive zone. Bart/Sbisa finna give me an aneurysm. Markstrom got played like a damn fiddle.

Benning needs to blow it up at the deadline, so naturally he's gonna extend Hammer and Vrby at the behest of the Aquelinis and their lust for playoff round cash.

Good job I got these season tix 😏 oh well, legit excited to see the Ducks on Thursday.Also I'm gonna Periscope GAF's own BlueBadger singing the anthems so y'all tune in.

Smiley90

shit. is the arbitration hearing over then?

I decided to just say fuck it and leave after I found out she was secretly fiming me&&our conversations and called the cops on me several times for "emotional abuse". The cops didnt come because that's not a fucking thing so I never knew about it.

Had to get out asaaaap

Everyone other than the Sedins & Bo/Bae/Jake mailed in some of the most uninspired, souless slack-ass hockey playing I've ever witnessed

Canucks season in a nutshell

iLLmAtlc

I decided to just say fuck it and leave after I found out she was secretly fiming me&&our conversations and called the cops on me several times for "emotional abuse". The cops didnt come because that's not a fucking thing so I never knew about it.

Had to get out asaaaap

that was likely for the best. i remember we were all concerned about what she would do next lol.

Cake Boss

Banned
You guys still didn't have an AHL dman play in your top 6 or a 4th line centre in the top LW spot and the top PP unit. You guys still didn't have your crapppiest AHL dman wear the 'A'.

You guys don't allow the most shots than anyone in the league, the most goals and the worst PK in the world.

Nothing beats this Cameron train.

Samyy

It's funny how Leaf fans might be he most optomistic/feel good about their team of the Canadian fan bases.

Dat Shanaplan

Had to get out asaaaap

Canucks season in a nutshell

Damn. If you were in Ontario I'd let you crash. Sorry you ended up having an insane roommate.

Cake Boss

Banned
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Hoffman-Lazar-Chiasson
Prince-Paul-Neil.

3RD LINNNNEEERRRRR MIKEEE HOFFMMMAAANNN

Mike Hoffman is 8th on the Senators in PP TOI per game

Mike Hoffman leads the team with 8 powerplay goals.

COACCCHHINNNGGGGGG HOW DOES IT WORKKK!!!

Legit wouldn't be surprised that the organization is trying to limit Hoffbae's scoring just so they don't have to pay him as much. This organization has done shady shit before.

Smiley90

Smiley should tell that bitch off one last time before leaving for good.

Shit in a bag and set it on fire in front of her door?

Damn. If you were in Ontario I'd let you crash. Sorry you ended up having an insane roommate.

Thanks man, it's just temporary. Fingers crossed in a month I'll have a new job and new place and life can go on...

Silexx

Legit wouldn't be surprised that the organization is trying to limit Hoffbae's scoring just so they don't have to pay him as much. This organization has done shady shit before.

I sometimes get the sense that Hoffman will get shipped to Tampa for Drouin.

Samyy

COACCCHHINNNGGGGGG HOW DOES IT WORKKK!!!

I feel like Hoffman is a great offersheet target

Top Bottom