• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Pierre Luc Dubois is pretty good from what I've seen of him. But I don't want Him. I'll take Tkachuk instead. There's no way we get a top 3 pick.

Nylander wouldn't be a bad pick either.

Marvie_3

Banned
This is Phoenix. There are businesses, big buildings, people here:

th

This is Glendale. Here is Westgate, the Coyotes rink, the Cardinals' stadium, an outlet mall and then nothing else within 5 miles:

th

And here's Arizona. Cacti and shit:

th
Who cares? All those things are about a 2 minute drive from each other. I looked them up on a map.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This is Phoenix. There are businesses, big buildings, people here:

This is Glendale. Here is Westgate, the Coyotes rink, the Cardinals' stadium, an outlet mall and then nothing else within 5 miles:

And here's Arizona. Cacti and shit:

I love Phoenix. I stay at The Buttes during Angels Spring Training, eat at Whataburger, and drink alcohol at the pool with players' wives

imBask

Banned
btw, i've lost the little respect I had for Kanye over the past 24h, that twitter garbage of him begging people for money makes me wanna puke

I love Phoenix. I stay at The Buttes during Angels Spring Training, eat at Whataburger, and drink alcohol at the pool with players' wives

You ever swing by Four Peaks Brewing? Love that place, not too far from the yard. Any other spots you like in that part of town? Bunch of buddies and me are going to get to an Angel game and need some post game options.

btw, i've lost the little respect I had for Kanye over the past 24h, that twitter garbage of him begging people for money makes me wanna puke
He's the Sirbat of the music world. His only saving grace is that there's a very small possibility that it's all an act, but that'd be giving him way too much credit.

Foggy

Blue Jackets front office isn't looking to wheel and deal with the core. So that pretty much means only Hartnell and Tyutin are up for grabs. Hartnell to the Blues? Maybe?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've always loved that Kanye is basically a heel celebrity. I wish there were more like him, to be honest. :D

Meanwhile, the Rangers' D for tomorrow night appears to be a bit of a mystery. Ryan McDonagh looks like he's going to be back, but Boyle's illness combined with Marc Staal's wife being due to give birth tomorrow may force a call up from Hartford.

Calamari41

41 > 38
You ever swing by Four Peaks Brewing? Love that place, not too far from the yard. Any other spots you like in that part of town? Bunch of buddies and me are going to get to an Angel game and need some post game options.

Never been to Four Peaks, I'll have to check it out next time. As for spots around the stadium there, honestly we usually drive to Mill Street (?) at ASU or go into Scottsdale if we want something fancier. 99% of our non-ballgame, non-ASU time is spent at the hotel or at Whataburger. Tons of people go to the pool/bar at the hotel after games, so I would recommend trying that out if they let non guests in. It's attached to the stadium, so all of the players stay there. They do show up sometimes after games, and as I said before the wives definitely spend time there.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/call-of-the-wilde-therrien-s-foxhole-1.2780047?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some Tidbits:

• David Desharnais with top power play time, yet before the Buffalo game, he had no power play points in 33 games. Desharnais has only 5 power play points in this season. Paul Byron has as many shorthanded points in 20 fewer games.
  • Desharnais with 2 goals and 7 assists in his last 35 games, yet the most minutes among centres, and often paired with the team’s highest scoring winger in Max Pacioretty. Despite this almost half-season of ineptitude, Desharnais has never moved to the wing, never been benched, never had his ice time cut.
  • Desharnais is pointless in 8 of 9 games with Pacioretty, yet Galchenyuk with Pacioretty was announced as unequivocally not worth continuing after only 2 games—even though Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher as a line was never tried this season. Last season though, they had 12 games as a line and the Habs went 9-2-1.
  • Alex Galchenyuk was moved to the wing after the centre experiment again failed in the coach's mind. Galchenyuk is 17th in the entire league as a centre in points per 60. There's a narrative promoted by someone that Galchenyuk can't play centre. The statistics say the opposite. Despite being tops on the team at centre in points per 60, Galchenyuk was used third-most among centres, and many games has had the fourth-lowest total among forwards in ice time.

I had a weird dream last night that Desharnais was traded for Hertl and a 3rd..

Never been to Four Peaks, I'll have to check it out next time. As for spots around the stadium there, honestly we usually drive to Mill Street (?) at ASU or go into Scottsdale if we want something fancier. 99% of our non-ballgame, non-ASU time is spent at the hotel or at Whataburger. Tons of people go to the pool/bar at the hotel after games, so I would recommend trying that out if they let non guests in. It's attached to the stadium, so all of the players stay there. They do show up sometimes after games, and as I said before the wives definitely spend time there.

I always feel like the old guy at the club when rolling around Mill, lol. The Buttes is great, we always end up at The Wigwam on the west side or the Renaissance in Glendale because it's walking to the Yardhouse and the Coyotes rink since we like to do double headers every day (either 2 baseball or 1 baseball 1 hockey).

Would be cool to stay on the east side one of these years. The lawn at Scottsdale for the Giants gets out of control, and the new Cubs and A's yards are great.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/call-of-the-wilde-therrien-s-foxhole-1.2780047?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some Tidbits:

• David Desharnais with top power play time, yet before the Buffalo game, he had no power play points in 33 games. Desharnais has only 5 power play points in this season. Paul Byron has as many shorthanded points in 20 fewer games.
  • Desharnais with 2 goals and 7 assists in his last 35 games, yet the most minutes among centres, and often paired with the team’s highest scoring winger in Max Pacioretty. Despite this almost half-season of ineptitude, Desharnais has never moved to the wing, never been benched, never had his ice time cut.
  • Desharnais is pointless in 8 of 9 games with Pacioretty, yet Galchenyuk with Pacioretty was announced as unequivocally not worth continuing after only 2 games—even though Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher as a line was never tried this season. Last season though, they had 12 games as a line and the Habs went 9-2-1.
  • Alex Galchenyuk was moved to the wing after the centre experiment again failed in the coach's mind. Galchenyuk is 17th in the entire league as a centre in points per 60. There's a narrative promoted by someone that Galchenyuk can't play centre. The statistics say the opposite. Despite being tops on the team at centre in points per 60, Galchenyuk was used third-most among centres, and many games has had the fourth-lowest total among forwards in ice time.

Was just about to post this.

Edit: The artical is rage inducing

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Some Tidbits:

People on twitter are actually trying to counter this lmao.

Samyy

I don't get it. How do you quit in a huff during the period where HR was probably pulling his hiring paperwork together?

I saw that too

Waiting 2.5 hours is like nothing.

I feel like the first month at my job I was barely doing anything, just waiting for training to roll around as they were still hiring and wanted to do all our training together. Like how the fuck do you even come to the decisions to quit after 2 hours?

Fuck that guy.

In job news the company the laid me off has me back for two weeks, hopefully it will get extended.

That sounds promising, hopefully they do man

Calamari41

41 > 38
I always feel like the old guy at the club when rolling around Mill, lol. The Buttes is great, we always end up at The Wigwam on the west side or the Renaissance in Glendale because it's walking to the Yardhouse and the Coyotes rink since we like to do double headers every day (either 2 baseball or 1 baseball 1 hockey).

Would be cool to stay on the east side one of these years. The lawn at Scottsdale for the Giants gets out of control, and the new Cubs and A's yards are great.

The only other stadium I've been to was Camelback Ranch to see the Dodgers, and god damn did we get lost trying to find it all the way out there. Still, it wasn't bad, but it was full of Dodger fans so, you know.

Chris R

Wait, when did Whataburger get to the Phoenix area? Granted, last time I visited was in 2012, but I swear up and down there wasn't one there then.

Phoenix itself isn't bad, if the team is going to stay there for sure they should probably get an arena somewhere close to downtown though, so it's more central to the entire Metro area.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Wait, when did Whataburger get to the Phoenix area? Granted, last time I visited was in 2012, but I swear up and down there wasn't one there then.

Phoenix itself isn't bad, if the team is going to stay there for sure they should probably get an arena somewhere close to downtown though, so it's more central to the entire Metro area.

Whataburger has been there at least as long as I've been going on Spring Training trips, so ten-ish years at least! Google maps is showing me like 15 of them when I pull the map back enough to see Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe.

The only other stadium I've been to was Camelback Ranch to see the Dodgers, and god damn did we get lost trying to find it all the way out there. Still, it wasn't bad, but it was full of Dodger fans so, you know.

New Cubs yard is great, and it's in Mesa, not too far away. Grass lot parking, so take a cooler full of pops and tailgate.

The Giants' place in Scottsdale is fantastic too, but parking's a bitch. Instead, go to Salty Senorita, get tanked on pregame margaritas and then take their free shuttle to the game.

Chris R

Whataburger has been there at least as long as I've been going on Spring Training trips, so ten-ish years at least! Google maps is showing me like 15 of them when I pull the map back enough to see Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe.

I must not have been looking for them, being fixated on In n Out. Now that I think back on it the first time I went to a Whataburger was in Texas after my last trip to the Phoenix area.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think the consensus is that there is a drop around the top 7 or so, then another drop in the mid teens (15-16).

Top 3 are set in stone in that order. Matthews > Laine > Puljujarvi.

Then 4/5 are back and forth between Tkachuk and Chychrun.

After that, the next 6-8 guys are about interchangeable. There's a French Canadian LW/C in that group. Can practically guarantee the Habs take that one if available. Pierre-Luc Debois

After that the next 30 or so guys are about interchangeable as well. Lots of up and down with many of them.
Sounds about right, although if the Habs can keep up this awful play which is very plausible, we may have a chance of sneaking into a top 5 pick :D

Although seeing how this season has gone, Price will return and we'll win 7 in a row to fuck our draft pick up

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Holy shit that OT thread about the guy quiting his job after 2.5 hours
How stupid are people?
SERIOUSLY?

I walked out on a job about a decade ago after about 3 hours. In my defense they lied about what the job was. The interview made it out to be an office job, I asked tons of questions about what day to day business was but they flat out lied.

Job turned out being door to door telemarketing. Me and the 3 other new people started to realize something was up when they left us alone in a room to read up on some stuff and we all talked and realized they basically had a script that they used to hire us as it was all the same.

Good out of this I was only unemployed for about 2 weeks before getting a job in the company I work in now.

Samyy

I walked out on a job about a decade ago after about 3 hours. In my defense they lied about what the job was. The interview made it out to be an office job, I asked tons of questions about what day to day business was but they flat out lied.

Job turned out being door to door telemarketing. Me and the 3 other new people started to realize something was up when they left us alone in a room to read up on some stuff and we all talked and realized they basically had a script that they used to hire us as it was all the same.

Good out of this I was only unemployed for about 2 weeks before getting a job in the company I work in now.

Well this seems like a reasonable reason to quite after 3 hours :p

there are definitely reasonable reasons to walk out. I got scammed into interviewing for a pyramid scheme. Pretty easily figured it out during the interview and didnt take the job

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the first month at my job I was barely doing anything, just waiting for training to roll around as they were still hiring and wanted to do all our training together. Like how the fuck do you even come to the decisions to quit after 2 hours?

That sounds promising, hopefully they do man

Thanks, I hope so.

Silexx

Holy shit that OT thread about the guy quiting his job after 2.5 hours
How stupid are people?
SERIOUSLY?

Hopefully, the attention that thread is getting will allow the roommate to die quietly. Like, holy shit people, move on with your lives.

Socreges

Banned
Elche, like 20 miles from Alicante

It's been really fun so far though.
Practically the only area of Spain I haven't been to. Looks beautiful. And warm. Enjoy being a foreigner in a country that loves foreigners. Unless you're dark skinned. In which case hopefully you don't meet too many racists!

If it's an option, I strongly recommend getting Spanish roommates and not American/Brits. Will make a massive difference.

Top Bottom