• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Calamari41

41 > 38
The I5 is a terrible, boring fucking drive from LA to Sacramento. But the drive from Sacramento to Napa, winding through the mountains, is awesome.

Yeah, the 5 between the Grapevine and Sacramento is basically a standard Midwest farmland long haul, with pretty mountains way off on either horizon. I always take the 101 on trips to the Bay Area, even though it takes a lot longer. One of the most beautiful routes in the US, running parallel to and 50 miles away from one of the most mind numbing routes.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, the 5 between the Grapevine and Sacramento is basically a standard Midwest farmland long haul, with pretty mountains way off on either horizon. I always take the 101 on trips to the Bay Area, even though it takes a lot longer. One of the most beautiful routes in the US, running parallel to and 50 miles away from one of the most mind numbing routes.
We took the 101 as well and did Big Sur. Amazing drive.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit that OT thread about the guy quiting his job after 2.5 hours
How stupid are people?
SERIOUSLY?

I'm in shock at that thread. Here I am out of full time work for what will be a year in a couple of days and he leaves after 2.5 hours.

He does say that he didn't really want that job but still, it's just mind blowing to me.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm in shock at that thread. Here I am out of full time work for what will be a year in a couple of days and he leaves after 2.5 hours.

He does say that he didn't really want that job but still, it's just mind blowing to me.

A 28 year old randomly threatening to kill himself and others like a 13 year old goth kid. Neogaf OT.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
A 28 year old randomly threatening to kill himself and others like a 13 year old goth kid. Neogaf OT.

I just got to the part where he says he's 28. I honestly thought he was much younger. I mean, I had other personal shit that went on in the summer and fall that really slowed down my job search. But I'm working part time at a really difficult job that has nothing to do with my skill set because I WANT to be working. I get some money coming in, benefits, it gets me out of the house, gives me time to continue looking etc. Also it's with large company so I could potentially find full time within my skill set.

I do think he as other issues as he mentions he suffers from depression but still I'm amazed.

That job thread is kind of sad to read.

At first I thought of the guy who walked out of an interview since he couldn't wait 45 minutes or something, but that's a different situation.

Merguson

Banned
Yep. Pittsburgh keeps their cap hit. Chicago keeps a little over a mil if hes in the minors.

Much needed cap space.

I figured that the Hawks would get a pick or some prospect but it's basically dead weight in return at this point. Patrick Sharp is still a talented player.

When I was in Texas there were What A Burgers everywhere but I didn't try it out. How is it compared to In N Out?

And regarding the job quitting thread I've quit before starting once, it was a job selling shoes at Sears. I went through the paperwork and did the drug test. On the day of training I was on my way there when they called to reschedule because their VCR was broken. Just felt it was a sign to not work there so I told them I changed my mind.

RBH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4aZwI1ojbY

giphy.gif

Okay so, I need a PC Controller. a cheap one, that works with Steam Big Picture because I can only take playing KOF 98 on keyboard so much. any suggestions friends?

The whataburger/In N Out comparisons are hurting my brain.

Two different levels.

In N Out outside of CA is garbage... it's Five Guys tier. In N Out in CA is GOAT.

Whataburger anywhere is just... okay.

In N Out in CA is Gretzky. GOAT.

In N Out outside CA is Kariya. Really good, you wish it was just a bit better.

Five Guys is Jeremy Roenick. A pile of shit but you have to call it what it is, pretty good despite.

Whataburger is Gino Odjick. The kind of thing you don't really want to look at, but are glad it's around if you need it.

imBask

Banned
Okay so, I need a PC Controller. a cheap one, that works with Steam Big Picture because I can only take playing KOF 98 on keyboard so much. any suggestions friends?

the steam controller is... ok, sorta

otherwise just get an xbone controller, I think they work with Big Picture?

I use a PS4 controller with a USB cable and an Xinput wrapper. Prefer it over the wired 360 I have. Only issue is that games will show xbox button prompts most of the time, but that doesnt bother me.

Yawnier

Banned
With the NBA trade deadline coming up in 2 days, it makes me wish kinda that we saw big and crazy trades (like 3 way trades) at the trade deadline in the NHL, and teams going absolute batshit crazy with trading future draft picks for players. Last years deadline day in the NBA was insane, but I guess with a soft salary cap instead of a hard cap in the NBA teams have more maneuverability and flexibility to do trades like that.

I got somewhat used to it, but the button placement is absolute trash, probably the least ergonomic controller there is
the button placement is definitely not preferred, but I thought the controller overall is comfortable.

Granted I have weird opinions on controller comfort as I find the two most comfortable controllers to be the DS3 and the Duke

imBask

Banned
the button placement is definitely not preferred, but I thought the controller overall is comfortable.

Granted I have weird opinions on controller comfort as I find the two most comfortable controllers to be the DS3 and the Duke

DS3 was fine, Duke no way

the best controlelr ever made is the Wii U Pro Controller, it's a shame

I was going to say get the xbox elite, but then you said cheap. So just get the vanilla gamepad.

But yeah, Xbox Elite controller is the GOAT.

I got somewhat used to it, but the button placement is absolute trash, probably the least ergonomic controller there is

That controller shattered the myth of Valve for me. How did that thing make it to market?

Creeper get an xbone controller. It's the best for the PC. PS4 controller is really nice, but there's some rigamarole in getting it working. You're gonna want that awesome d pad.

zroid

Banned
hmm I've only used the DS4 a couple times but I don't like it at all. just feels strange and the analogue sticks are horrible imo.

I way prefer the XB1 controller and the Wii U Pro Controller

I have this odd issue with the DS4 where in long play sessions my right pinky ends up noticeable uncomfortable. It happens faster in games where I grip the controller tightly like rocket league

One thing I liked about the DS3 is that I always let it float in my hand, could basically forget its there

Top Bottom