• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My only problem with it is that IIRC Wideman never came out of the game. If he was concussed he should have been taken out of the game.

Yeah if anything blame Calgary team docs for the suspension. Had they taken him out this wouldnt be an issue.

If people hit refs then keep playing and afterwards claim they were insured, what's gonna stop them from doing just that on purpose?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
There was an article in the Calgary Sun today about Johnny Gaudreaus playoff streak being in jeopardy, lol. Who cares about his playoff streak before the NHL.

Merguson

Banned
Elliotte FriedmanVerified account
‏@FriedgeHNIC
How did the NHL get Wideman's text messages? Subpoena. I didn't know they had that power, but evidently they do.

Roger Goodell is probably calling Bettman right now.

Line_HTX

Holy shit, Bettman is worse than Goodell right now. And Calgary should've done something too.

"Ya got Brady's texts? Also where does Peyton sit?"

I haven't looked too much into the details, but it looks like there's a backlash on the witch hunt. It sounds like one of those where there is no reason it should've become a national story.

The Manning one.

dude allegedly face sat on a chick to establish dominance in the locker room and has since apparently ruined her life.

But we only have one side of the story but weirdly I won't be surprised if it is 100% true.

Also apparently the John Scott movie is happening

Max Pacioretty - Lars Eller - Sven Andrighetto

Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher

Paul Byron - Jacob De La Rose - Dale Weise

Lucas Lessio - Torrey Mitchell - Devante Smith-Pelly

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban

Nathan Beaulieu - Tom Gilbert

Alexei Emelin - Greg Pateryn
Look at this Lineup

Look at it

Yawnier

Banned
Look at this Lineup

Look at it
Tbh with DD out, this would seem like a decent opportunity to put Galchenbust at center again
Pens interested in holland?

You can have him for free

He has had a somewhat decent season, with slightly over 20 points although his production has slowed down lately.

I seriously doubt Lou would get a 2nd rounder, which is what Nonis gave up for him but could try and get a 3rd or 4th for him.

They should start calling him Saint John Scott

You mean St John's Scott.

Saint John is in New Brunswick

I remember when Saint John had a AHL Team.

StjFlames1.jpg

Jackie Chan II Family Diner offers delicious dining, carryout and delivery to Denver, CO.

Jackie Chan II Family Diner is a cornerstone in the Denver community and has been recognized for its outstanding Chinese cuisine, excellent service and friendly staff.

Our Chinese restaurant is known for its modern interpretation of classic dishes and its insistence on only using high quality fresh ingredients.

I think you should go in.

Socreges

Banned
Well, ok then.

Even if it was $1100 that is still not terrible for a bunch of cities. Granted, $1100 for a place in a small ass town in the middle of nowhere is insane, but a bigger city living in a not terrible part of town can run that easily.
I don't actually live in Vancouver anymore.

Jesus, calm down.

$1,100 in LA gets you a box down by the LA River.
MY CAPSLOCK KEY IS BROKEN SO THIS IS HOW I COMMUNICATE NOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND ALSO IT HELPS GET THE POINT ACROSS WITH EMPHASIS

Here's a link to Bettman's decision

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/NHL-Wideman-Order.PDF

I wouldn't put much stock into it. I feel like Bettman was dealing with a lot of politics from the refs so I don't think the NHLPA had any fair chance of winning. We'll have to see what the independent arbitrator says.

Wow, is Wideman a total buffoon?

1. He pastes a linesman and leaves him splayed on the ice.
  2. Refuses to leave the bench for the concussion check.
  3. Later claims he wasn't concussed.
  4. Goes travelling, hiking, golfing during the ASG break.
  5. Later admits he did in fact know it was a ref that he hit.
  6. Sends a text saying he blames the 'stupid refs' for the suspension.
I think Bettman might have reduced the suspension had it not been for those great decisions 2 through 5.

Smiley90

I actually know a dude called Jackie Chan.

I always call him by his full name when I see him.

It's fun.

Xeteh

I really wish Altitude would drop that Foote "highlight" already. 15 SECONDS OF HOCKEY I'LL NEVER FORGET, CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY 20 PENALTIES WEREN'T CALLED! SO INSPIRING.

I just found out there's a restaurant in the area named Jackie Chan 2. So I have to go there? I think I have to.

Obviously.

Smiley90

Anyone complaining about annoying ads needs to move to Vancouver and hear a SPENCE FUCKING DIAMONDS ad

I'm gonna get cancer if I hear that shit one more time, I now know how they start so I switch within half a second of hearing it. They are the worst.

Chris R

With the switch to NHL.TV for my streaming purposes I'll never see another Altitude commercial again :( They weren't great, but they were better than the same fucking Lexus commercial over and over.

Top Bottom