• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

every beer league I've played in has been no checking...

You used to be all about the slap shot, now you're all about the slash dot?

Entirely unrelated, but I was just reading about Ed Wood, you know the cross dressing terrible director from the 40s? Apparently he once worked at a circus as a bearded lady. That fact blew my mind. I never considered how many bearded ladies might have been dudes.

To be fair, I didn't spend a whole lot of time thinking about bearded ladies.

I cant talk about anime in anime threads. They attack you for not watching it in glorious nippon language

I personally prefer watching it in Japanese with English subs. I mean to each their own I don't think it is a big deal either way. I mainly prefer it since if it is a bad VA performance I can't tell nearly as well if it was in English. I like my ignorance.

Fate Zero dubbed is trash though

Syrinx

wrestling gaf is about wrestling though, its just ruined by that alone

and I wish hockey was big enough to get an anime. I hear a lot of sports animes are pretty good, but its hard for me to watch something about baseball or volleyball

every beer league I've played in has been no checking...
I've been pining for a hockey anime for a while.

Hockey seems like it would be a very hard sport to animate though, which is probably one reason it hasn't happened.

I've been pining for a hockey anime for a while.

Hockey seems like it would be a very hard sport to animate though, which is probably one reason it hasn't happened.

It's also a very social sport. I'm not sure where the writers would draw their inspiration from.

Booya

But then it's about wrestling.

I've been watching wresting for the past year after being a lapsed fan for probably twenty. I gotta say, not only is the product not that bad, but I think the amount people complain about it makes it almost better for me.

I'm not sure if that makes sense. In a way I feel like I'm either about to watch the next attitude era, or it's just going to go away. In any case, worth having a look.

Quick

Banned
I've been having just a terrible week and a half so far, and last night might've been the first time since last week that I genuinely laughed at something:

OOz5Yuq.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
Also the Flint Firebirds just re-fired their coaches. Remember when the entire team walked out on the management earlier this year?
They might be the worst managed and poorly run team in the entire CHL..... and that's saying something because there are some really poorly run teams in the CHL

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Even if you don't like Guilty Crown, at least admit it had an amazing soundtrack. My Dearest is gud.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Got a job interview next week, which is great. The salary isn't so great though. Not sure how to feel. I know work is work....

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've been watching wresting for the past year after being a lapsed fan for probably twenty. I gotta say, not only is the product not that bad, but I think the amount people complain about it makes it almost better for me.

I'm not sure if that makes sense. In a way I feel like I'm either about to watch the next attitude era, or it's just going to go away. In any case, worth having a look.

I mostly jest.

I watched it when I was a kid (even the cartoon!), stopped and then watched it again during the Attitude era. Hell, I went to a Raw and Wrestlemania. Though Wrestlemania was because my friend had an extra ticket - I hadn't really been watching it at that point.

I haven't watched in years and years but it sounds like it's really bad now.

Got a job interview next week, which is great. The salary isn't so great though. Not sure how to feel. I know work is work....

Good luck!

imBask

Banned

2011 - the end of Bryan's reign was good, right now it's basically unwatchable I gave up on RAW again

You just figured out then why anime fans talk about anime so much. And why a lot of them start to consume more anime than they normally would

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Take it but keep looking?

I have TWO interviews today lol. One 90mins ago, one in 45mins......

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I mostly jest.

I watched it when I was a kid (even the cartoon!), stopped and then watched it again during the Attitude era. Hell, I went to a Raw and Wrestlemania. Though Wrestlemania was because my friend had an extra ticket - I hadn't really been watching it at that point.

Good luck!

Thanks

2011 - the end of Bryan's reign was good, right now it's basically unwatchable I gave up on RAW again

I guess maybe it's because I only watch the PPV's, but really I don't expect much more out of wrestling than for one guy to be mad at another, and then they pretend to fight. Everything else is nice, but really I just want to see somebody jump off the top rope and miss.

imBask

Banned
I guess maybe it's because I only watch the PPV's, but really I don't expect much more out of wrestling than for one guy to be mad at another, and then they pretend to fight. Everything else is nice, but really I just want to see somebody jump off the top rope and miss.

watching PPVs is the way to go really, even the bad ones are only 3h a month

3h every week is unreal, and the writing is iiiiiincredibly bad

watching PPVs is the way to go really, even the bad ones are only 3h a month

3h every week is unreal, and the writing is iiiiiincredibly bad

They really need to just hire Union writers. How expensive can it possibly be?

I should add, I'll generally watch one raw in between to have an idea of what they're going on about.

imBask

Banned
They really need to just hire Union writers. How expensive can it possibly be?

I should add, I'll generally watch one raw in between to have an idea of what they're going on about.

they have 24 writers

twenty
four

and from what we know, NONE of it matters because it has to go through Vince and he can (and will) change the script

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I mostly jest.

The unfortunate thing is the actual in-ring talent over the last couple of years is possibly just about the best it's ever been. It feels like almost every PPV these days has at least one truly excellent match, sometimes several. It's just that everything else is absolute garbage.

Basically, wrestling is the Edmonton Oilers of entertainment.

Don't complain

I think so! Signing it this afternoon, 10min bike ride from campus (UBC) where I'm trying to find a job

That's not bad at all. Should be good for most of the year, or do you plan on biking even when the weather sucks?

I tried doing that on campus here but people treat the bike racks like shit here and slam their bikes into each other and I don't want to ruin my soon-to-be mother-in-law's hella expensive bike. So instead I walk 15-20 minutes.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Give the job an honest two and a half hour trial to see if it's the right fit for you.

Lol.

If I get it I probably should take it. Benefits and getting some new skills would be good. There would be some expensiveish training so I don't think I could quit right away without a penalty

Also good luck Smelly!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lol.

If I get it I probably should take it. Benefits and getting some jew skills would be good. There would be some expensiveish training so I don't think I could quit right away without a penalty

Also good luck Smelly!
I know this is a mistype but I'm fucking dying at work

Top Bottom