• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Sadly no. Lacking on the hockey books lately whereas I've read plenty of football/baseball ones.

I read Jeremy Roenick's first one and thought it was great.

Playing with Fire by Theo Fleury just might be my favorite sports-related book of all time. Maybe my favorite non-fiction. So good.

Babcock can go shove his book up his ass. Sucked so badly.

Tried reading Ken Dryden's book but was bored to tears like 20 pages into it. Never tried it again. I probably should.

Bob McKenzie's book is supposed to be hella good but I haven't read it yet.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Frankie Corrado moved up to the top pairing with Morgan Rielly!

For Soc!

ib8fIg.gif

Playing with Fire by Theo Fleury just might be my favorite sports-related book of all time. Maybe my favorite non-fiction. So good.

Tried reading Ken Dryden's book but was bored to tears like 20 pages into it. Never tried it again. I probably should.

I highly recommend Playing with Fire.

I'll probably pick up John Scott's book too when it comes out.

Yawnier

Banned
With Loov in the lineup, the leafs D has to be the youngest in the NHL right?

Polak would be the only one over the age of 25

ShaneB

Yeah my Dad has stacks of Hockey books, those you mentioned included, many of which I bought for him. I did want to read Bob McKenzie's book(s). Edit: actually maybe I will read that next.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
LOL Sam can't believe what he's saying about the Leafs having the lead.

That looks like a kick and shouldn't count, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, the front of his skate came up off the ice as he moved it forward to knock the puck in. How is that not a kick?

I mean, the front of his skate came up off the ice as he moved it forward to knock the puck in. How is that not a kick?

I thought it looked like that a bit too, but I guess it wasn't considered "distinct" enough plus the inertia from moving to the net.

also I just want to lose not matter how dishonorable it is

The NHL has really relaxed this year on the whole "distinct kicking motion" thing.

You really gotta pull the skate back and boot that thing for a goal to be called back these days.

Quick

Banned
Meta, Stasis, is this how Rangers commentaries are usually? This is surprisingly a pleasant change for me, compared to listening to the asshats at Sportsnet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. It's seriously really pleasant. And by pleasant, I mean that I don't instantly want to stab a knife through my head.

Sam Rosen's the best in the business as far as I'm concerned, senile moments and all. Never feels right without him.

Top Bottom