• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

yyzjohn

Banned
Excellent job on that win by the Habs last night. 3 point game so both Habs and Flyers move further away from the lottery pick. #DriveForNinth!

LevelNth

Banned
These Leaf lines :lol

Grabner-Kadri-Holland
Greening-Arcobello-Parenteau
Matthias-Spaling-Winnik
Clune-Froese-Boyes

Also, Corrado went from healthy scratch to top pairing pretty damn quickly. Him and Rielly make up the first pairing.
He wasn't healthy. There was an interview with him a couple weeks back where he revealed when he joined the team they told him he's not going to play yet in order to fully rehab.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Babcock on scouting Marlies: "A ton of skill, they have the puck all the time, I saw more plays in four shifts than I saw in a week here"

So can we please stop insulting the Marlies by comparing them to the Leafs.

Quick

Banned
Another way to screw over the Leafs hmmmm

If screwing over the Leafs means the Pens miss the playoffs... I am all for it

So can we please stop insulting the Marlies by comparing them to the Leafs.

Can Babcock stop insulting the Leafs by comparing them to any other team?

That would imply that the Flyers and/or Habs are making the playoffs (nope to both)

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that the Leafs don't know what they're doing. They know EXACTLY what they're doing. They are undertaking a systematic effort to change this team, to make the Leafs more like the rest of Canada.

That would imply that the Flyers and/or Habs are making the playoffs (nope to both)

The Devils could or the Canes. The Penguins are tied in the Wild card

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that the Leafs don't know what they're doing. They know EXACTLY what they're doing. They are undertaking a systematic effort to change this team, to make the Leafs more like the rest of Canada.

All the hockey teams in Canada are bad already. The Leafs are already like the rest of Canada

Quick

Banned
It's also too bad that funimation is so such shit too.

I only ever bought the Rebuild of Evangelion blu-rays, and I gave up after Evangelion 3.33 got delayed. Sold my 1.11 and 2.22 sets and I'm just going to wait on a future complete Rebuild set, probably coming out when I'm 50 years old or something.

Quick

Banned
Netflix actually has a pretty good catalog in the US. A lot of it is shit but some of the quality shows they have on there make up for the rest of it.

Canada's selections have gotten so much better the past year. There's even Disney content (albeit their recent stuff).

I haven't paid much attention to their anime content, but I saw Rurouni Kenshin pop up on the recently added section. One of my favourite animes.

Movie streaming is shit, but their TV selection is pretty good.

I don't watch many anime movies so that has never bothered me but basing off the shows that are the movies I can't be excited.

Canada's selections have gotten so much better the past year. There's even Disney content (albeit their recent stuff).

I haven't paid much attention to their anime content, but I saw Rurouni Kenshin pop up on the recently added section. One of my favourite animes.

The anime section is updated seemingly in secret. Everytime I check there is something new without a notice or anything.

Line_HTX

I only ever bought the Rebuild of Evangelion blu-rays, and I gave up after Evangelion 3.33 got delayed. Sold my 1.11 and 2.22 sets and I'm just going to wait on a future complete Rebuild set, probably coming out when I'm 50 years old or something.

Ewww, gross on EVA.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Islanders already looking to bail out of Barclays.

The New York Islanders are in their first season in Brooklyn, but according to The New York Post, they’re already looking to get out of their lease at the Barclays Center.

It’s safe to say that the Brooklyn experience has been a colossal flop for both the team and the arena.

Getting to and from Barclays Center has been a challenge and the in-game experience hasn’t justified the steep price of tickets.

“The Islander deal was forced from the start because the club was hemorrhaging so much money playing on Long Island … and had to bail,” a source told The Post. “Now you’re left with this weird situation where Barclays’ folks pay the Islanders to play there — but aren’t getting the bang for the buck they desired, not to mention all the crap they’re getting from Islander fans who are finding every little fault they can with being in Brooklyn.

The Akira Bluray is damn good.

I'm gonna buy the Full Metal Alchemist (Original) Complete series hopefully soon.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some Rangers updates today:

1) Ryan McDonagh passed a concussion test on Thursday and did so again today. So thankfully no concussion for Mac. However, he is having a CT scan on his jaw today and will be out tomorrow against the Red Wings with a jaw contusion and neck spasms. He's listed as day to day.

2) Rick Nash is still off the ice, apparently working out on his own. Word is he didn't have the tests yesterday that he was originally going to have, so his return looks like it's still a ways off.

3) The Great Daniel Paille Experiment is over. Somehow the 4th line and PK actually got worse since he was brought in to be a dedicated PKer, so it's to the waiver wire with him.

4) No McDonagh, Nash, or Paille leaves the Rangers with 11 F and 6 D, so we couldn't even do the "play a defenseman as a forward" thing in the meantime even if we want to.

5) The Rangers will be scouting the Wolf Pack at their game tonight to decide a call up to play on the 4th line tomorrow. I'm guessing Ryan Bourque is probably most likely, but we'll see.

Why though?

e8bee986440dff60b7011071cab2b9b8.png

Top Bottom