• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

If the bottom of a river.

tumblr_nk1a28r0141sfow2io1_400.gif

:lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The amount of shit Subban has had to deal with since getting to the NHL is unreal. Can you imagine if he actually did something terrible like some of the other scum in the league.

zroid

Banned
Lol wtf

Paquette slashed Letang's stick out of his hands, no call. Then Letang chased after Paquette and they got tangled up at the boards. Somehow Letang walked away from there with Paquette's stick and started playing with it. :lol :lol

Letang was penalized

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Now if the london knights get knocked out in the OHL playoffs early or somewhat early, they could bring in Mitch Marner too right?
(though I doubt it happens)

Hnggggggg

Mitch can only play NHL, no?

Unless CHL provision only works when they're playing

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
The Islanders superfans I was sitting next to at Barclays back in December told me they expected the team to relocate (as in out of the NY market) within 5 years, so this sounds about right.

That's sound completely depressing, a storied franchise may actually move.

Guess they'll move to some bumfuck market like Tulsa, Omaha or San Antonio, just so Bettman can "expand the game" and cockblock places like Quebec City just for the lulz.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks you're doing it wrong

TIL the hurricanes had the second least number of draft picks 2000-2012? How?

Canucks dont draft often and when they do they suck. Shocking.

Post-2012 should improve on that I hope... Given that we actually had a few lower picks...

Yawnier

Banned
Mitch can only play NHL, no?

Unless CHL provision only works when they're playing

I've seen it happen a few times. Example at the top my head is the Utica Comets bringing up Virtanen from the WHL for some AHL playoff games for their playoff run last season, and he was only 18 years old at the time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Guess they'll move to some bumfuck market like Tulsa, Omaha or San Antonio, just so Bettman can "expand the game" and cockblock places like Quebec City just for the lulz.

He'll talk about expanding the game, then he'll keep giving outdoor games to the same four teams.

Move them to Halifax.

Halifax Islanders lets go.

Quick

Banned
I wonder what Isles fans would feel if the team ends up sharing MSG with the Rangers and Knicks.

On that note, I wonder how feasible that would be. Staples Centre seems to handle the Kings, Lakers, and Clippers just fine, but there's no precedent (as far as I can think of) on having two hockey teams in the same building.

Are major renovations for Nassau Coliseum still possible, or is that building just beyond that point? I'd assume that if MSG can be gutted and renovated, Nassau Coliseum can too.

Pikma

Banned

Bettman should think out of the box and expand to fucking Guatemala.

Curufinwe

I always said Philly fans booing PK was lame, and this is how he repays me. Next time you lose an edge Subban, please go head first into the boards.

Are major renovations for Nassau Coliseum still possible, or is that building just beyond that point? I'd assume that if MSG can be gutted and renovated, Nassau Coliseum can too.

Wasn't the issue that the county didn't want to pay for a new arena/renovations?

The Seattle Mercer Islanders! Woo!

Top Bottom